PDA

View Full Version : People Hobbling Around With Gout

VeeJay
8/7/2006, 11:28 AM
....or some other mysterious foot ailment.....

I had foot pain from the age 27 - 39. I got divorced at age 27 and re-married at 39 - maybe God was telling me not to be single.

I had the following diagnoses for the pain by various and sundry podiatrists, emergency room docs, minor care facilities, MRI people, etc.

- Gout
- Bones did not develop properly in legs
- Bone spurs
- Tendonitis
- Arthritis
- Drink too much

I dropped 30 pounds at age 39 and the foot pain disappeared. 6'3" and 240 doesn't seem to be an obese, unhealthy ratio, but 6'3" and 210 seems to work a lot better.

Now, our VP of Sales is limping around the office like Quasimoto, dragging one of his feet. I empathize with the poor bastage - you move that foot one millimeter and the pain shoots like a hollow point bullet.

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 11:31 AM
Uric acid build-ups succs

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/7/2006, 11:33 AM
DOES IT COME WITH A HAT?!?!?!

http://www.twelvebaskets.net/images/img_biotech/bobby-hill-gout.jpg

VeeJay
8/7/2006, 11:39 AM
Heh - being a gout survivor, I like that. This could be a whole new marketing drive - sort of like the John Deere craze that took off with the youngsters a couple of years ago.

yermom
8/7/2006, 12:29 PM
:norm:

Norm In Norman
8/7/2006, 12:37 PM
i used to have gout. i haven't had it in a few years now. they put me on some medicine for it, but I haven't taken that in at least a year. i don't know why it went away, because I haven't done anything different AND I gained some weight.

Norm In Norman
8/7/2006, 12:38 PM
Well, I take that back. i try not to eat so many french fries now, and I eat more veggies. I'm still a fat slob though.

VeeJay
8/7/2006, 12:49 PM
It seemed like I'd get a gout attack twice a year - or an arthritis attack, tendonitis attack, leg-didn't-grow-properly-attack, bone spur attack, etc.

Feet were always under seige.