PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dean?

IB4OU2
8/7/2006, 10:03 AM
This weekend to beat the heat I was cleaning my shotguns, bow and rifles and just passing time getting for the upcoming seasons. I was wondering are you still going on your annual Elk hunt this year?

C&CDean
8/7/2006, 10:19 AM
Nope. I was the only one who put in for mule deer, and didn't get drawn. The upside is that I'll be able to make all the OU games, and I'll still go up during the week and hang in camp for a couple days. The downside is there are monster mulies all over the place where we elk hunt. I've got a couple preference points for mulies, so hopefully I'll get drawn next year. I will put in for cow elk too though just to make sure I draw a tag. Don't really want to kill another bull - cow meat is better, and my living room can't handle another elk mount. However, I do have a perfect spot for that mulie.......

IB4OU2
8/7/2006, 10:41 AM
Nope. I was the only one who put in for mule deer, and didn't get drawn. The upside is that I'll be able to make all the OU games, and I'll still go up during the week and hang in camp for a couple days. The downside is there are monster mulies all over the place where we elk hunt. I've got a couple preference points for mulies, so hopefully I'll get drawn next year. I will put in for cow elk too though just to make sure I draw a tag. Don't really want to kill another bull - cow meat is better, and my living room can't handle another elk mount. However, I do have a perfect spot for that mulie.......

Well that succs. I'm hoping to do a lot more hunting this year now that the knees better and all. Iv'e got a doe and twin fawns living in the woods just behind the house and every morning I go out to put the dogs up the doe starts blowing at me.....The fawns are still small and spotted and they run around the backyard and they aren't scared of too much yet. :)

BeetDigger
8/7/2006, 10:54 AM
... I'll still go up during the week and hang in camp for a couple days...

JOKE OVERLOAD
JOKE OVERLOAD
JOKE OVERLOAD

:D

Fugue
8/7/2006, 10:59 AM
Well that succs. I'm hoping to do a lot more hunting this year now that the knees better and all. Iv'e got a doe and twin fawns living in the woods just behind the house and every morning I go out to put the dogs up the doe starts blowing at me.....The fawns are still small and spotted and they run around the backyard and they aren't scared of too much yet. :)

THIS is joke overload. :texan:

OUDoc
8/7/2006, 11:05 AM
Yet "elk mount" gets no play?

skycat
8/7/2006, 11:06 AM
Don't really want to kill another bull - cow meat is better, and my living room can't handle another elk mount.

:hot:

skycat
8/7/2006, 11:07 AM
DAMNIT!!

BeetDigger
8/7/2006, 11:07 AM
Yet "elk mount" gets no play?

You are absolutely right, that one deserves mention. Wrongfully, we were giving him too much benefit of the doubt on that one. :texan:

Fugue
8/7/2006, 11:14 AM
You are absolutely right, that one deserves mention. Wrongfully, we were giving him too much benefit of the doubt on that one. :texan:

we just ASSumed.

C&CDean
8/7/2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I lob up a couple batting practice groovers and nobody hits one out. To the minors with all of you.

C&CDean
8/7/2006, 11:19 AM

I've got the exact same thing. A doe with two spotted fawns who hang out behind the house. I usually see them every evening. I've been within 20 yards of them before momma spooks and they run off. Very cool. I've also got a bunch of turkeys hanging around. Saturday morning, there were about 15 hens, maybe 8-10 chicks, and a couple toms/jakes, and one HUGE tom (I'm pretty sure he's the same guy I've seen the last 2 years). I think I'm gonna have to take him this year with the bow. His beard drags the ground, and he's at least 6-7 inches taller than all the other toms/jakes.

Boarder
8/7/2006, 11:43 AM
The battery finally ran down on my gun safe and I could use the override to get my pistol out of it. This time, I'm writing the combination down somewhere.

I have a doe and two fawns that come behind my house every night, too. Strange. I got a couple of pics the other night. I'll try to post them.

I'd like to smoke one of those wild turkeys for Thanksgiving. That'd be sweet.

GottaHavePride
8/7/2006, 12:12 PM
The battery finally ran down on my gun safe and I could use the override to get my pistol out of it. This time, I'm writing the combination down somewhere.

I have a doe and two fawns that come behind my house every night, too. Strange. I got a couple of pics the other night. I'll try to post them.

I'd like to smoke one of those wild turkeys for Thanksgiving. That'd be sweet.

:eddie: would like to drink some... oh wait.

Hamhock
8/7/2006, 12:14 PM
I've got the exact same thing. A doe with two spotted fawns who hang out behind the house. I usually see them every evening. I've been within 20 yards of them before momma spooks and they run off. Very cool. I've also got a bunch of turkeys hanging around. Saturday morning, there were about 15 hens, maybe 8-10 chicks, and a couple toms/jakes, and one HUGE tom (I'm pretty sure he's the same guy I've seen the last 2 years). I think I'm gonna have to take him this year with the bow. His beard drags the ground, and he's at least 6-7 inches taller than all the other toms/jakes.

you should try the Gobbler Guillotine broadhead. it is awesome. also, turkey with bow has a high loss ratio with regular broadheads, guillotine drops them dead.

IB4OU2
8/7/2006, 01:13 PM

I haven't seen too many turkeys yet and I feel sorry for all the poor city folk.....:D