PDA

View Full Version : It looks NU is close to hiring Doc Sadler from UTEP

royalfan5
8/6/2006, 11:06 PM
http://www.ktsm.com/story_sports.sstg?c=411
If this works out, it would be a much more proven coach than I expected.

King Crimson
8/6/2006, 11:22 PM
that would be a pretty good hire. and for this late in the game, seemed to have a fairly solid list all things being equal. though, i still think Fox from Nevada was never going to happen.

royalfan5
8/6/2006, 11:35 PM
that would be a pretty good hire. and for this late in the game, seemed to have a fairly solid list all things being equal. though, i still think Fox from Nevada was never going to happen.
Fox would have been stupid to take the NU job with the talent he has coming back.

OUstud
8/7/2006, 12:00 AM
Fox would have been stupid to take the NU job with the talent he has coming back.

Fazekas>>>>>>>>>>...urm, Cookie Belcher?

royalfan5
8/7/2006, 05:51 PM
It sounds like Sadler will be introduced tomorrow. It's too bad he lost most of the summer recruiting season, though.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/7/2006, 06:36 PM
Congrats on the hire if it goes down, rf5. Living in Fort Smith, we're fully aware of Doc's accomplishments, including his stint as head coach at Arkansas-Fort Smith. He's also from this area originally, his dad was a longtime coach and his brother, Pedro, is an assistant basketball coach here at Southside High School. I also had the pleasure of meeting Doc a few times here; very good fellow and I know he'll represent Nebraska well.
Another interesting irony: The guy that replaced Doc at UAFS, Jeremy Cox, was recently hired as an assistant at Texas A&M under Billy Gillespie, who lured Doc from Fort Smith to El Paso. UAFS then hired an assistant under Fox at Nevada last season (can't think of his name offhand).