PDA

View Full Version : Monster House

proud gonzo
8/6/2006, 05:25 PM
VERY funny movie. :D

Widescreen
8/6/2006, 05:38 PM
I know it's animated but is it kid-friendly? My son said he didn't want to see it because it looked scary - this from a kid that's not afraid of much.

proud gonzo
8/6/2006, 05:47 PM
it might be a little scary for a kid, but there's not much suspense and most of the scary is very funny.... there were a lot of little kids in the theater and i didn't hear any of them sound scared

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 06:09 PM
My family went to see it without me.

I went gambling without them...:D

I'm sure I'll get to see the DVD...They said they loved it.

GottaHavePride
8/6/2006, 09:21 PM
From how much they showed him (his character) in the trailers, I was expecting Jon Heder to have more screen-time.

Viking Kitten
8/6/2006, 10:34 PM
That one gets a huge Soonerov thumbs up. Our seven-year-old son was not scared at all, just very entertained, as were we. Maggie Gyllenhaal's babysitter character was spectacular, and when is Steve Buscemi ever not awesome? I would go see this one even without the kids.

achiro
8/7/2006, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't recommend it for most little kids.

*SPOILER ALERT*
We took my 6 year old son and he wasn't scared by it but I wasn't real crazy about having to explain why some dude was keeping his dead wife's remains in the basement of a house that was possessed by her evil spirit. Really, I actually liked the movie but was kind of ****ed at the way it was marketed. The previews were even "toned down" a bit compared to the actual movie. An example was the police car getting pulled into the house...in the previews the cops were in it and it just got pulled into the house, in the movie what really happened was the kids screaming in the back seat as the scary trees lifted it into the air and ripped it in half as it was being fed to the house. Like I said, not really scary for my kid but some pretty adult concepts IMHO.

That said, was I the only one that thought the babysitter was Melo?

Viking Kitten
8/7/2006, 07:50 AM
That said, was I the only one that thought the babysitter was Melo?

Heh. No. I thought the same thing.

achiro
8/7/2006, 10:31 PM
PG, I think I know what you were trying to say.:D I'd speck ya back but YMSSA

proud gonzo
8/7/2006, 11:52 PM
PG, I think I know what you were trying to say.:D I'd speck ya back but YMSSA

i'm so vaguely eloquent :O

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2006, 11:32 AM
The Turk family is getting ready to go see this - you people had better be right!

critical_phil
8/12/2006, 11:49 AM
The Turk family is getting ready to go see this - you people had better be right!

it's good.

the fat kid will remind you of chunk from the goonies.

Sooner24
8/12/2006, 03:23 PM
I took my 9 year old nephew and I thought it was just so-so. He liked it but he's 9.

Newbomb Turk
8/12/2006, 04:28 PM
I also thought it was so-so. My 11 year old and the wife liked it.