PDA

View Full Version : Dear large woman walking your c0ck-a-poo on the Creek Turnpike Trail

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 04:49 PM
That asphalt is hella hot. Its 100F and I bet the pavement is at least 140F from the heat of the bright sun. Take off your tenny-pumps and try putting your pink pedicured footsies on that crap and see how it feels. THAT is why your "Snookums" is not heeling well as you drag her suffering little body along at the end of your leash.

I wish some people had to pass a test in order to own a dog.

And yes, I mentioned the above to her.

8/6/2006, 04:54 PM
All this thread neads is a little music.

WILBURJIM
8/6/2006, 04:57 PM
What'd she say back, anything?

8/6/2006, 05:00 PM
Yepp, the outside heat still makes it funnier.

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 05:01 PM
What'd she say back, anything?

I know its hot, that's why we aren't going very far.

Seriously.

I bet that dog's pads will be blistered tonight. I hope it bites her when she tries to put salve on them.

8/6/2006, 05:03 PM
Boom chick-a-boom-BOW-chick-boom-a-chick

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 05:16 PM
Some people are really criminally insane when it comes to not taking proper care of their dogs. A patient of ours had a golden retriever in their car with a window rolled down about 5 inches while they had a one hour appointment in the dental chair. It was at least 85 degrees outside, so you can imagine how hot it was in the car.

I would not have even noticed if I didn't leave the clinic to run to the UPS. They also had a friend in the waiting room. I called the front desk on my cell and told my secretary to cut a gallon water jug to make a bowl, fill it with water and send the friend out to "rescue" the dog and that they were to use the water hose to cool the dog down and wait with the dog underneath the shade tree...or else!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/6/2006, 07:36 PM
I know its hot, that's why we aren't going very far.

Seriously.

I bet that dog's pads will be blistered tonight. I hope it bites her when she tries to put salve on them.Some idiots. . .I bet she is the same lady who left her little dog in the car at Albertson's a few years ago. I went in to tell a manager and she came out about that time. When I called her on it she said "I left the window cracked and I just went in for milk and eggs."

C&CDean
8/6/2006, 07:40 PM
City people. Meh.

mdklatt
8/6/2006, 07:50 PM
Creek Turnpike Trail? I guess you even have to pay a toll to take a walk in Tulsa.

Jerk
8/6/2006, 08:00 PM
Creek Turnpike Trail? I guess you even have to pay a toll to take a walk in Tulsa.

Yes, but they made it easy by allowing the use of the Pikepass™ on your belt.

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 09:16 PM

Actually, its a nice paved pedestrian trail that parallels the CT for several miles. Eventually, the trail will connect to the River Parks system and allow people who live in south Tulsa to travel to downtown Tulsa by foot or bicycle.

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5629/xxxxxxxrollingtrailga1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Note the hills, trees and absence of trailer houses.;)

The scenic greenway has gentle slopes and curves that wind through shady groves. The trail provides safe, at-grade crossings at street intersections and also uses grade separated crossings to cross the turnpike.

Hamhock
8/7/2006, 07:55 AM
Actually, its a nice paved pedestrian trail that parallels the CT for several miles. Eventually, the trail will connect to the River Parks system and allow people who live in south Tulsa to travel to downtown Tulsa by foot or bicycle.

Eventually? I thought the trail was connected now? I thought you could go from south BA at the new leg of the turnpike all the way into downtown?

Where is the disconnect?

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 08:32 AM
Eventually? I thought the trail was connected now? I thought you could go from south BA at the new leg of the turnpike all the way into downtown?

Where is the disconnect?

You're proly right. I haven't been down there yet. I'm afraid to penetrate BikerFox's territory.;)

SoonerInKCMO
8/7/2006, 08:48 AM
I'm afraid to penetrate BikerFox.;)

:eek:

SoonerInKCMO
8/7/2006, 08:50 AM
Speaking of Bikerfox... y'all should check out his MySpace page and see how many fine wimmins are listed as his friend.

:confused: