PDA

View Full Version : I just had a customer

85Sooner
8/6/2006, 04:16 PM
Who came in to my store wearing a burnt orange shirt that said Quote
You can't spell C_ckS_cker without OU. Needless to say I let him have it. What an assw!pe. That is a person who deserves an A$$whipping. we had families in the store and I think I embarrassed him by callinig him out. Loudly BTW.

umberto
8/6/2006, 04:26 PM
Can you spell the word out differently (maybe phonetically), I am having a hard time spelling it with only O and U. :D

BASSooner
8/6/2006, 05:11 PM
you can't spell s__pid prick without TU..

tulsaoilerfan
8/6/2006, 05:17 PM
Shirts like that shouldn't be made; very low class on the part of the maker

Sco
8/6/2006, 05:19 PM
What's so bad about the word cucksocker???

AlabamaSooner
8/6/2006, 05:20 PM
Well I think it goes without saying that the maker of those shirts doesn't have any morals. Some good rival humor is ok, but that's just a little much if you ask me.

85Sooner
8/6/2006, 05:26 PM
I just couldn't let that go without getting on him. we had about 15 people in the store and I said stuff loud enough for everyone to hear. Hope his girlfriend was embarrassed at least.

tulsaoilerfan
8/6/2006, 05:29 PM
Well I think it goes without saying that the maker of those shirts doesn't have any morals. Some good rival humor is ok, but that's just a little much if you ask me.
Agreed, especially when you see little kids with shirts similiar to that

umberto
8/6/2006, 06:05 PM

Thank you! I was stuck on something with mother in it. I think I can figure it out from here. To quote Roman Maroney from Johnny Dangerously, "You lousy corksuckers."

Extremely poor taste for a shirt that you plan to wear in public. Aren't there laws against displaying profanity in public? If you can find one of those wacky old laws, maybe we could have him publicly flogged, or better yet stoned...

Snrfn4ever08
8/6/2006, 06:25 PM
Thank you! I was stuck on something with mother in it. I think I can figure it out from here. To quote Roman Maroney from Johnny Dangerously, "You lousy corksuckers."

Extremely poor taste for a shirt that you plan to wear in public. Aren't there laws against displaying profanity in public? If you can find one of those wacky old laws, maybe we could have him publicly flogged, or better yet stoned...
i hope so. that's completely tasteless. the line's gotta be drawn somewhere

yermom
8/6/2006, 06:27 PM
seriously, is Tuck Fexas any better?

Snrfn4ever08
8/6/2006, 06:29 PM
seriously, is Tuck Fexas any better?
yes

jrsooner
8/6/2006, 06:30 PM
seriously, is Tuck Fexas any better?Never wore that shirt either. :P Seriously both are over the line.

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 06:36 PM
Is a throat punch really an assault?

crimson&cream
8/6/2006, 06:44 PM
You can't spell C_ckS_cker without OU. Needless to say I let him have it. What an assw!pe. That is a person who deserves an A$$whipping. we had families in the store and I think I embarrassed him by callinig him out. Loudly BTW.
You should have told him quietly, you can't spell it without OSU either C_ck__cker!:rolleyes: :pop:
later now-I assumed it was a puke my bad.

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 07:01 PM
That is a lame attempt to insult us. Kind of like the word "Gooner." Has no meaning, and makes people look stupid for saying it. They do this stuff for lack of a better insult, or in VY's case, a higher IQ.

The funniest one I've seen (and I mean funny as in pitiful and retarded) is the shirt that says "F*ck Y'all, I'm From Texas!" Yeah, do you really expect us to believe in your 'higher academic standards' with the word "Y'all" plastered across your wardrobe?

The VIIIth
8/6/2006, 07:44 PM

http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/super/01/27/7716.jpg
Cucksocker!

umberto
8/6/2006, 08:14 PM
That is a lame attempt to insult us. Kind of like the word "Gooner." Has no meaning, and makes people look stupid for saying it. They do this stuff for lack of a better insult, or in VY's case, a higher IQ.

The funniest one I've seen (and I mean funny as in pitiful and retarded) is the shirt that says "F*ck Y'all, I'm From Texas!" Yeah, do you really expect us to believe in your 'higher academic standards' with the word "Y'all" plastered across your wardrobe?

Seriously, does any of their crap make sense? See wheat, waving.

umberto
8/6/2006, 08:15 PM
Seriously, does any of their crap make sense? See wheat, waving.
Sorry, re-read post. Wrong hated orange bastages.

Sco
8/6/2006, 08:18 PM
Aren't there laws against displaying profanity in public? If you can find one of those wacky old laws, maybe we could have him publicly flogged, or better yet stoned...

Nope. It's perfectly legal - protected by yours and my freedom of speech.

I forget which court case determined that, but I learned that in my government class in Neilsen Hall at OU. :pop:

umberto
8/6/2006, 08:20 PM
Nope. It's perfectly legal - protected by yours and my freedom of speech.

I forget which court case determined that, but I learned that in my government class in Neilsen Hall at OU. :pop:

Can we put a minimum IQ score with it? If you are below this line, you can't ride. :D

Miko
8/7/2006, 07:51 AM
What ever happened to, "You have the right to free speech, as long as your not dumb enough to actually try it"?

I don't object to someone being called a c******ker (or ******* or ************ or ******** or *******,*********,***-****** for that matter) if its in a bar or Lenny Bruce or George Carlin concert. But there should be some sense of public decorum.

I took family to eat in a restaurant on a Sunday afternoon and as we were eating, a very young woman (decidedly NOT a young lady) came in wearing a shirt with obsenities written on it. I was gratefull my daughters did not see so I didn't have to answer, "Daddy, what's a *********?"

The patrons at the table next to ours moved their young daughter to another seat at their table so the child's back would be to this young woman.

After we finished eating I approached this young woman to quietly suggest that a family restaurant with children present might not be the best place to wear a shirt like hers. She stood up, flipped me off and screamed at me in language as colorful as that on her shirt.

I commeded her for being so classy and walked away. We have not been back to that restaurant nor do we plan to.

Was there not a time in our history when the use of foul or vulgar language in the presense of women or children was considered cause for justifiable homicide? Seriously, as the west was being settled, didn't the use of such language subject you to the risk of "instant justice"??

85Sooner
8/7/2006, 08:13 AM
What ever happened to, "You have the right to free speech, as long as your not dumb enough to actually try it"?

I don't object to someone being called a c******ker (or ******* or ************ or ******** or *******,*********,***-****** for that matter) if its in a bar or Lenny Bruce or George Carlin concert. But there should be some sense of public decorum.

I took family to eat in a restaurant on a Sunday afternoon and as we were eating, a very young woman (decidedly NOT a young lady) came in wearing a shirt with obsenities written on it. I was gratefull my daughters did not see so I didn't have to answer, "Daddy, what's a *********?"

The patrons at the table next to ours moved their young daughter to another seat at their table so the child's back would be to this young woman.

After we finished eating I approached this young woman to quietly suggest that a family restaurant with children present might not be the best place to wear a shirt like hers. She stood up, flipped me off and screamed at me in language as colorful as that on her shirt.

I commeded her for being so classy and walked away. We have not been back to that restaurant nor do we plan to.

Was there not a time in our history when the use of foul or vulgar language in the presense of women or children was considered cause for justifiable homicide? Seriously, as the west was being settled, didn't the use of such language subject you to the risk of "instant justice"??

If I were the restaurant manager I would have refused service to here and asked her to leave.DOne it before won't hessitate to do it again. All business owners have the right to refuse service.

Miko
8/7/2006, 08:20 AM
Several patrons spoke to the manager after that woman's outburst. But he merely apologised and said there was nothing he could do. :rolleyes:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/7/2006, 08:37 AM

You should have told the guy that you can't spell slut without UT too!:rolleyes:

People like that are classless. I never understood why people would make fools out of themselves like that. I work for a very public company in Houston and I asked a guy wearing a shirt that said "F*** YOU" to either turn it inside out or to take it off. He not-so-politely told me to read the Constitution. We almost removed him from the establishment. There are a lot of families that come to this place and I am sure that most of them were not pleased with this individual.

What they don't understand is that the Constitution does give you free speech and protection from the government, but in a private business, you can ask them to leave for stuff like that. They also forget that free speech isn't necessarliy "free." There are always repercussions to what what you say...especially from other people. Just ask the Dixie Chicks.

LSUMeathead
8/7/2006, 08:57 AM
Being from New Orleans (the vulgar language t-shirt capital of the world), I am only offended when people wear those shirts in that the person wearing it is wasting oxygen. I see shirts like that as a public billboard that screams "Look at me! I have a single digit IQ & I probably never set foot in a classroom at the University of Texas (or insert any other school here)!"

I would not want anyone wearing a shirt like that around my kid, but if they are in public, it is their right to make a total ****** out of themselves. If they are in a private business, that is a different story.

Now, I want to hear from 85Sooner what the whole story is. What did you tell the guy & what was his response?

85Sooner
8/7/2006, 10:33 AM
I saw it while a coworker of mine was waiting on him. I waited because I didn't want to creat a problem with my co-worker. Once we discovered he was a BD, (keep in mind I was wearing an OU shirt) I yelled accross the store to him "ya know,I see 6 people wearing UT shirts in this store right now and I don't think I have ever seen a UT shirt as vulgar and classless as the one your wearing." "moron"

He mumbled but I didn't get what he said as he walked out the door.
That was about it, but seemed good at the time.

TheGodfather889
8/7/2006, 02:42 PM
You can't spell uterus without UT.

Snrfn4ever08
8/7/2006, 03:17 PM
You can't spell uterus without UT.
and that ain't no lie

ashley
8/7/2006, 05:04 PM
This is my second post since i just signed up today. I live inHouston but have been a big OU fan since the fifties when my dad was a coach and a big fan of Bud W. I have been a Switzer and wishbone fan and of course a Stoops era fan. The only live game I have seen was the Nebraska game the year of the championship. I also have a friend in the athletic dept. so that also spurs me on to be a fan. I have to live amoung the TU people and it is more than I can take sometime, especially this year. I will be on here and I really don't know what took me so long. Their since of entitlement drives me nuts.

TopDawg
8/7/2006, 05:47 PM

HAHAHAHA! This thread made me think of that exact shirt. Only when I saw it last year after the OU/tx game it had a different indicator of exactly how high their academic standards are. Here is my post from the week following the game:

...the funniest thing was that a Texas fan in front of me had a shirt that said "F*** YOU. IM FROM TEXAS" (without the censoring).

Yes, "IM" not "I'M".

Money well spent.

sanantoniosooner
8/7/2006, 05:51 PM
You cant spell "gastric bypass surgery" without sausage.

TopDawg
8/7/2006, 06:02 PM
You cannot spell "OU has more football national championships than Texas" without "OU".

william_brasky
8/7/2006, 06:08 PM
I've been holding on to a great UT bashing t-shirt idea for years now.

I will not share it with you folks at this moment. It might make me tens of dollars someday.

PM me if you're in the t-shirt biz.

Miko
8/7/2006, 06:15 PM
I thought if you went to osu, you couldn't spell your name in the dirt with a stick.

Maybe its just a Dexter Manly thing.