PDA

View Full Version : RV trip to OK State

johnstuff
8/6/2006, 02:21 PM
They dont seem to have any helpful traffic on their board so I thought I'd try you guys. A group of us from A&M are wanting to take an RV to Stillwater. Have any of you guys done this & can you tell us who we need to contact for parking near campus & such?

Thanks!

Flagstaffsooner
8/6/2006, 02:33 PM
Just park here with all the other ags. You should be able to find that.:D
http://thebiggestsecret.online.fr/images/Herd_of_Sheep_311px.gif

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 02:54 PM
RV's don't travel well on dirt roads I hear...

King Crimson
8/6/2006, 03:03 PM
see if Bob Wheeler is still putting together group trips.

seriously, stay in OKC (bricktown) or Edmond...it's only about 30-40 minutes to the OSU campus. you'll have more fun, and i'd bet yell practice is in Bricktown, too.

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, and Stoolwater is a pit of a place to stay in if you are wearing anything but orange... Not lying, not exaggerating. Don't drive a vehicle marked with your alma mater's logo on it or your tires will be flattened and your windshield will be tagged with inappropriate commentary. And it gets worse if they actually win...

Remember this post, it ain't all roses being an OUt-of-towner down in the Stool.

Jello Biafra
8/6/2006, 04:50 PM
Yes, and Stoolwater is a pit of a place to stay in if you are wearing anything but orange... Not lying, not exaggerating. Don't drive a vehicle marked with your alma mater's logo on it or your tires will be flattened and your windshield will be tagged with inappropriate commentary. And it gets worse if they actually win...

Remember this post, it ain't all roses being an OUt-of-towner down in the Stool.

true true.....

and they don't care who they take out either.....

i had an old lady take a beer bottle to the head after a game while we were walking down the street to our vehicles..... got to my car and my back window that HAD an ou sticker on it, was smashed in. good times.

Soonerus
8/6/2006, 05:44 PM
No electricity so bring generators...

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 06:55 PM
Seriously, they are a college town to the likes of a lot of other B12 schools. The grounds are kept clean for the most part, but the stereotypical "aggy-ism" (pardon, since I know you're from aTm) shows instantly in the light of any sporting event. I disliked my trip in 2002 and I swore up and down that I would NEVER go to their 'sacred' Gallagher-Iba Arena after the bit about Kelvin Sampson (which was a ridiculous to begin with).

I've had classy comments from Les Miles... "Why don't you ask your coach for an autograph, isn't he the celebrity?"

Answer: Yeah, but my eleven-year-old cousin is an OSU fan, and you're a dick apparently.

Mr. Eddie 'the Great' Sutton: We won because we're better. Everyone knows no one cares about Baylor Basketball (yes he said that).

and the typical mother of a young child (who was in a stroller with her at the time she said...) "Go back to F*****' Norman!" Now what must a young child do when her mother says "don't use that dirty language!"

Like most Sooners, I feel that OSU is a waste of media attention, and no one would give a rats *** if we took TU into OUr conference and booted them.

C&CDean
8/6/2006, 06:57 PM
Bring your RV to Norman, and watch the game on TV. You'll be much happier.

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 07:29 PM
I still say for the so called "Bedlam Rivalry" we go to the Stool and scream "BOO-MER-SOO-NER!!!" for four hours and leave after we win. Not only do you p!ss them off, you decline buying Boone's $100.00 tickets.

fadada1
8/6/2006, 07:49 PM
if you bring your RV, and then remove the wheels... consider yourself "home".

don't forget the brick skirting.

umberto
8/6/2006, 08:16 PM
if you bring your RV, and then remove the wheels... consider yourself "home".

don't forget the brick skirting.

I think the simulated stone is also in good taste for Stoolwater. :D