PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry if you work for Citgo

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 12:50 PM
...but Citgo will not get anymore Homey-dollars.

I refuse to give my custom to a company owned by dictator Hugo Chavez who has allied with Iran to help take down the United States.

http://www.citgo.com/AboutCITGO/PDVSAprofile.jsp

tbl
8/6/2006, 12:55 PM
I agree. Any time I get those emails saying to boycott Exxon and other American owned gas stations (somehow thinking that will lower gas prices), I tell them to flat out boycott Citgo.

OklahomaTuba
8/6/2006, 01:21 PM
I stopped doing filling up with Citgo gas after they left town and started treating their employees here like shiat.

This is just another good reason. Other than the fact that he has turned PDVSA into a shell of its former self and made doing business with Venezuala very tough for people like me.

Sadly, Citgo run one of the largest refineries in this country near baytown. If Hugo wanted to, he could stop operations there causeing gas to skyrocket.

We may need to seriously think about taking that refinery if he tries to do that. Then, no more Citgo.

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 01:22 PM
Is Phillips still OK?

yermom
8/6/2006, 01:27 PM
how is siding with Iran anything but economic/political suicide?

if not actual suicide...

Mjcpr
8/6/2006, 02:02 PM
It will be easier to boycott them in the coming years as they have decided to stop supplying outlets with their precious gasoline in this region.

Should the rest of the US decide to boycott them, then that'd be just swell.

trwxxa
8/6/2006, 02:09 PM
It will be a moot point soon. Citgo announced last month they are going to stop providing gasoline to stations in 10 states within the next year. One of those is Oklahoma. Station owners will have to line up other contracts.

SicEmBaylor
8/6/2006, 02:56 PM
I agree. I've avoided using Citgo wherever possible. I think there was one occasion when I had to for lack of an alternative, but for the most part I'm not even sure I see very many Citgo stations.

I have basically the same attitude for people who have Che as their hero.

Widescreen
8/6/2006, 05:42 PM
I can't even remember the last time I bought any gas from Citgo. And I don't think I ever will - especially since it won't be available around here anymore.

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 06:06 PM
Same here.

I never stop at them.

soonerboomer93
8/6/2006, 10:27 PM
Will you buy from Chevron? I sending in my resume for a job that is subcontracted to them

SoonerInFla
8/7/2006, 02:31 AM
I have a question for you guys about this boycotting of certain gas stations. I have never really understood this but I have been told by oilfield company ****** *******s that you're wasting your time in boycotting a certain company. They claim that it is really hard to know which company the petroleum you purchase at a station actually came from. Fuel is commonly distributed to stations that have one companies name on it but the fuel came from another due to logistics of distribution. Also, although a station may say " Citgo " on the sign, it is highly likely that it is owned by an individual in your community that is trying to support his family.
Thoughts?

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 05:28 AM
I have a question for you guys about this boycotting of certain gas stations. I have never really understood this but I have been told by oilfield company ****** *******s that you're wasting your time in boycotting a certain company. They claim that it is really hard to know which company the petroleum you purchase at a station actually came from. Fuel is commonly distributed to stations that have one companies name on it but the fuel came from another due to logistics of distribution. Also, although a station may say " Citgo " on the sign, it is highly likely that it is owned by an individual in your community that is trying to support his family.
Thoughts?

I'm not a big boycott guy generally, I'm not into boycotting gas stations to bring down the cost of gas b/c that's just dumb. I realize gas often comes from wholesalers and it may not affect Venezuala directly if I don't buy my next can of Skoal at anything with a Citgo sign, but it makes me feel better.

Look, I'm p/o-ed at dictator Chavez and Venezuala for letting that dangerous Fidel-wannabe remain in power. Like good good communistas, the Venezualan government pwns Citgo lock, stock and barrel. Citgo can just go stuff themselves IMHO.

Buy Valero instead. Refined in Oklahoma:D

SoonerInFla
8/7/2006, 06:59 AM
I understand. I don't get my stuff at Citgo anyways so count me in.

Is Raceway OK?

The whale humpers in the Pensacola area have been in this big boycott Chevron mode since they are pushing drilling off the Florida coast. One Chevron station in particular has been there forever and is also one of the last full service stations in the area. It is privately owned and operated by a individual that has been good about contributing back to baseball and other stuff in the community. Alot of people went out of their way to patronize his station because they knew the boycott had to be hurting him and his family.