PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Advice

Sooner-N-KS
8/6/2006, 11:09 AM
I'm needing to get 5 tickets for the UAB game. We would prefer 5 together, but we would accept a set of 3 and a set of 2. We would really rather not sit in the end zone, but we don't mind nose bleed near the goal line.

What should we do?

Should we try to get a set of 3 and a set of 2 on eBay? Are eBay tickets normally sold well above face value?

Should we show up and get tickets on the street corner south of the stadium?

Any other options?

Thanks!

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/6/2006, 12:38 PM
Should we show up and get tickets on the street corner south of the stadium?

yes.

Sooner-N-KS
8/6/2006, 12:52 PM
I went to the TCU game last year :mad: , and I got the 2 tickets I needed on the street.

There were a bunch of guys looking to make a buck on the south side of the street, but I was able to find a guy on the north side of the street that sold me 2 tickets at face value.

Is there a strategy to buying tickets on the street? Do the scalpers start dropping their prices when it gets close to game time? What's the best way to get the best deal?

MHSooner
8/6/2006, 01:21 PM
You can still get 5 together from OU. You may get them cheaper just before kickoff, but you also stand the chance of getting stolen/cancelled tickets. Just ask my brother, he traded in my UCLA tickets from a couple of years ago and got 50 yard line seats, only to be thrown out because the tickets were stolen...Just my .02 cents.

:confused:

http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FB&linkID=ou&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Sooner-N-KS
8/6/2006, 03:12 PM
I can get 5 together from OU, but they are all in the south end zone......returned tickets from UAB.

I would much rather get tickets somewhere on the side of the field.

yermom
8/6/2006, 03:39 PM
you'll probably have to pay a premium for those, wherever you buy them

the first home game may be different, but in general tickets (as in less desirable areas) do not even go for face outside the stadium in my experience

the North end zone isn't so bad...

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/6/2006, 06:11 PM
uab should be the easiest game to get tix to. games to programs like washington are harder to get. you should do fine either way.

yermom
8/6/2006, 06:28 PM
what about Middle Tennessee State? :P

Snrfn4ever08
8/6/2006, 06:30 PM
what about Middle Tennessee State? :P
i would bet that's the easiest to get tickets to

MHSooner
8/6/2006, 06:41 PM
the North end zone isn't so bad...

I love the North end zone...moved my tickets around until I got in. It's nice and loud....

:D

Sooner-N-KS
8/6/2006, 06:46 PM
I love the North end zone...moved my tickets around until I got in. It's nice and loud....

:D

Why do you like the north endzone, and how high do you need to be to have a good view?

Do you have a difficult time when the action is on the south end of the field?

Is the south endzone not as good?

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 06:51 PM
The South Endzone is where all the action is...;)

Plus you can shake your keys at the opposing fans and thier Band and yell "Start The Bus ! ! ! ".

The TaMu Corp guys shaking thier underwear at you is kind of distubing though.

MHSooner
8/6/2006, 06:58 PM
Why do you like the north endzone, and how high do you need to be to have a good view?

Do you have a difficult time when the action is on the south end of the field?

Is the south endzone not as good?

I like the North Endzone because it's loud and most everyone is into the game, where as parts of the east and west sides just kinda watch the game and never get into it. Nor have I ever been told to sit down in the North Endzone. I had seats in section 230 (40 yard line) and hated it simply because their was no noise so I asked to be moved and have loved it.

I'm 13 rows up and have no problem seeing, when they get down to the South Endzone I watch the Jumbotron as it's very hard to judge where the ball is, however, you can see the holes open oh so well.

The South endzone is okay but again it's not as loud since the sides are open. Just my personal opinion.

:)

AlabamaSooner
8/6/2006, 09:13 PM
Rule #1: Don't be real picky when looking for tickets to an OU game. Just getting a ticket period is good enough.

Rule #2: Take your chances outside the stadium as many have mentioned here. Prices drop pretty quick once you can hear, "Oooooooooooo......." from outside the stadium. :P

Sooner-N-KS
8/6/2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. It turns out that we are down to needing 3 tickets now. We lost two people when they heard they would need to pay at least $75/seat.

Sooner-N-KS
8/7/2006, 08:47 PM
We ended up getting 3 tickets on eBay.

Section 234 (above south end zone but on visitors side of field)
Row 2
$80 each

OUHOMER
8/7/2006, 08:54 PM
We ended up getting 3 tickets on eBay.

Section 234 (above south end zone but on visitors side of field)
Row 2
$80 each

I am on row 2. OU side 45 yard line.. Its almost too close to the field. We stand the entire game so we can see over the players on the side line. is pretty cool to watch what goes on the side line. i sure miss Mike Stoops it was fun watching get on to the players. he would get in their face and walk about 4 steps and come back and do it again. Some times he would this 4 or 5 times. But when it was over he would walk to them and make nice:D

it pretty neat being that close to the players.

Sooner-N-KS
8/7/2006, 09:26 PM
LOL....I just saw that the guy I bought the tickets from lives in Grand Prairie, TX.