PDA

View Full Version : NCAA going to get Tough...!!!

Blues1
8/6/2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry - Not a favorite subject at this time.....Link below...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2538865

Still R'

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 11:03 AM
I need coffee after reading that..

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 11:29 AM
Are they waiting until "next year", to give the USC thing a chance to blow over?

GreenSooner
8/6/2006, 11:31 AM
This is an important story, but it relates exclusively to ACADEMIC violations, which are really not the issue in the case of the Idiot and his roommate.

stoopified
8/6/2006, 11:34 AM
This is an important story, but it relates exclusively to ACADEMIC violations, which are really not the issue in the case of the Idiot and his roommate.By idiot I assume you mean Bonehead?

Big Red Ron
8/6/2006, 11:34 AM
This is an important story, but it relates exclusively to ACADEMIC violations, which are really not the issue in the case of the Idiot and his roommate.Nor the hundreds of thousands of dollars the Bush family recieved through not signing with an agent after his soph. year.

OUHOMER
8/6/2006, 12:23 PM
I don’t know how this is measured, but here’s a thought. If for some reason you had 2 open scholarships why not give them to a senior on campus who you know will graduate. Has the grades etc. He or she can stand on the sidelines and hold a helmet. Or just call them a walk on and add them to the roster.

Don’t know if it could be done for basketball or baseball. Just away to get head count up?

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 12:25 PM
By idiot I assume you mean Bonehead?By "Bonehead", I assume you mean Brainless? :P

yermom
8/6/2006, 01:52 PM
I don’t know how this is measured, but here’s a thought. If for some reason you had 2 open scholarships why not give them to a senior on campus who you know will graduate. Has the grades etc. He or she can stand on the sidelines and hold a helmet. Or just call them a walk on and add them to the roster.

Don’t know if it could be done for basketball or baseball. Just away to get head count up?

i think the graduation rates involve kids starting as Freshmen

badger
8/6/2006, 11:31 PM
Repeat offenders will get letters of warning next year
OH NOES!!! :D

OUDoc
8/7/2006, 08:43 AM
OH NOES!!! :D
Then very stern letters of warning with unhappy faces all across the top.

KyleUT
8/7/2006, 09:33 AM
If they'd fix the way they measure graduate rates and stop punishing schools for athletes that transfer (while still in good academic standing), and those that freaking DIE (Texas was marked down when Cole Pittman did not graduate); I will applaud this.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/7/2006, 09:36 AM
To be fair Cole Pittman still went to just as many classes in the last year as Vince Young ;)

Snrfn4ever08
8/7/2006, 09:51 AM
To be fair Cole Pittman still went to just as many classes in the last year as Vince Young ;)
and that's saying....what?

Texas Golfer
8/7/2006, 09:56 AM
OU shouldn't have to worry. For the NCAA to sanction the Sooners, they would have to determine that the university had or should have had knowledge that Bomar and Quinn had these jobs. Since the two lied about their employment, there would be no way for the staff to determine their lies without someone coming forward.

We should be okay.