PDA

View Full Version : MG Plant in OKC?

TUSooner
8/6/2006, 08:31 AM
This may be old news, but...
Some English newspaper was bemoaning the fact that the famous old British car line, MG (for Morris Garages) was in such bad shape that it had been bought by a Japanese company that was setting up a factory to build MGs in OKC?
What say you? And there better not be anybody calling MG's "gay" neither!

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/4077/1952mgtdst0.jpg
1952 MG-TD

BajaOklahoma
8/6/2006, 08:54 AM
There's a thread around somewhere - you were off cavorting with them there Frenchies.

I think the plant is going to be in Ardmore. You know the national News, there are only a few towns in OK. OKC, Tulsa, Norman, Muskogee (only because of the song).

royalfan5
8/6/2006, 08:57 AM
It's the Chinese that bought the hulk of MG Rover not the Japanese. The Chinese might also get Jaguar if Ford dumps it soon.

TUSooner
8/6/2006, 09:11 AM
Well, Baja and rf5, my memory isn't too great these days, y'know.
But now that you mention it, I do recall seeing Ardmore and thinking "hometown of Okla-homey." :D

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 11:41 AM
Well, Baja and rf5, my memory isn't too great these days, y'know.
But now that you mention it, I do recall seeing Ardmore and thinking "hometown of Okla-homey." :D

Its actually going to be at the site of the now defunct Ardmore AFB which is closer to Gene Autry than Ardmore.

AlbqSooner
8/6/2006, 02:37 PM
Headquarters are to be in OKC. Manufacturing closer to Gene Autry than Ardmore.

Again, if I buy a British Car whose company has been bought by China and is made in Oklahoma, did I "Buy American"?

Jimminy Crimson
8/6/2006, 10:20 PM
Headquarters: OKC
Production: Ardvegas
Research: Nompton

soonerjoker
8/7/2006, 10:24 AM
Albq

nope, it's chinese.

SoonerInKCMO
8/7/2006, 10:27 AM
What if Albq bought a Toyota branded car built in California in a factory owned by a joint venture between GM and Toyota? Oh - and it has an engine designed by Yamaha.

What if the above were true except that the Yamaha engine wasn't there and the car was called a Chevrolet Prizm or Pontiac Vibe?