PDA

View Full Version : Time for a poll

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 07:28 AM
What with the announcement of the new gatorade plant coming to OK.

What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade?

Write in answers in crayon are acceptable.

IB4OU2
8/6/2006, 08:21 AM
Where's the crystal clear, looks like water option? I drink that on the course.

TUSooner
8/6/2006, 08:23 AM
"Green urine"?
This poll is BIASED (and how do you know what urine tastes like????)
The original is still the best.

Scott D
8/6/2006, 08:27 AM
"Green urine"?
This poll is BIASED (and how do you know what urine tastes like????)
The original is still the best.

he flew big planes for the air force...how else you think he knows what urine tastes like ;)

OUHOMER
8/6/2006, 08:33 AM
I like the other flavor, that i will not mention.;)

whatsername
8/6/2006, 08:50 AM
For a long time I would only drink the original flavor, but then I discovered fruit punch was pretty tasty too.

OUHOMER
8/6/2006, 10:19 AM
I make about 3 gallons a day for my dock hands, they love it. just wish i knew where i can get those funnel shapped cups.:mad:

soonerboomer93
8/6/2006, 10:24 AM
fruit punch is pretty good

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 11:31 AM
They all taste nasty to me.

IB4OU2
8/6/2006, 12:36 PM
They all taste nasty to me.

I know mom but they have a purpose when you're out in the heat and need to replace the important electrolytes you lose from exercise. I'd rather have ice tea too. :)

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 12:44 PM
I think pure water is still best, unless you are engaged in some activity that so saps you that your blood's chemical balance is way out of whack.

If people want to drink this stuff because they like the taste, go for it. OTOH, it's kinda misinformed to believe this stuff is necessary and a better choice than water just because you did something which made you sweat.

IB4OU2
8/6/2006, 12:57 PM
I think pure water is still best, unless you are engaged in some activity that so saps you that your blood's chemical balance is way out of whack.

If people want to drink this stuff because they like the taste, go for it. OTOH, it's kinda misinformed to believe this stuff is necessary and a better choice than water just because you did something which made you sweat.

Water is best for light workouts but you have to drink a bunch of it to replace the chemicals lost during a heavy workout or exercise in extreme heat. That's why training staffs use the stuff this time of year. Cramping and nausea would happen constantly if they just drank water, you have to replace the minerals.

Newbomb Turk
8/6/2006, 12:59 PM
I know mom but they have a purpose when you're out in the heat and need to replace the important electrolytes you lose from exercise.

I thought that's what beer was for? :confused:

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 02:29 PM
I know mom but they have a purpose when you're out in the heat and need to replace the important electrolytes you lose from exercise. I'd rather have ice tea too. :)You mean like getting all frisky at the beach or at Lake Overholser, or maybe in a canoe at the river? Trust me, sun tea works just fine. ;)

Tailwind
8/6/2006, 07:25 PM
Gatorade = koolaide fo grownups. I don't like koolaide either. I also don't know how to spell Koolaide.

TopDaugIn2000
8/6/2006, 07:25 PM
gatorade is WAY to sweet for me, I drink Propel. Love that stuff (lemon is my fave, only one I really hate is grape). I buy it by the case, especially during bike season.

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 09:39 PM
Water is best for light workouts but you have to drink a bunch of it to replace the chemicals lost during a heavy workout or exercise in extreme heat. That's why training staffs use the stuff this time of year. Cramping and nausea would happen constantly if they just drank water, you have to replace the minerals.

Dang. How did my Carter County hillbilly kin ever survive chopping cotton and slaving in the oil patch in the August heat without Gatorade? Maybe they were Super Hillbillies.;)

Blue
8/6/2006, 11:04 PM
Gator-ade in a glass bottle.

Plastic ****es me off.

olevetonahill
8/6/2006, 11:08 PM
You mean like getting all frisky at the beach or at Lake Overholser, or maybe in a canoe at the river? Trust me, sun tea works just fine. ;)
Dayum you mean when I get "frisky" I need to drink gatoraide ? ;)

yermom
8/6/2006, 11:13 PM
water sucks, it really really sucks

had some Green Urine flavor today, actually :P

SCOUT
8/6/2006, 11:14 PM
Dang. How did my Carter County hillbilly kin ever survive chopping cotton and slaving in the oil patch in the August heat without Gatorade? Maybe they were Super Hillbillies.;)

Dude, your ignoring global warming. It was probably only in the low 80's back then ;)

My football coach in high school was of the Bear Bryant mind set. And that is that water makes you weak. We were allowed ice chips during the mid-practice break at around 4:30 in August in Texas. We used to drink pickle juice for the electrolytes (we called it salt) before practice to help with cramps.

Drinking melted ice through a sweaty helmet wasn't as refreshing as one might think.

I will take gatorade anyday.

olevetonahill
8/6/2006, 11:44 PM
Dude, your ignoring global warming. It was probably only in the low 80's back then ;)

My football coach in high school was of the Bear Bryant mind set. And that is that water makes you weak. We were allowed ice chips during the mid-practice break at around 4:30 in August in Texas. We used to drink pickle juice for the electrolytes (we called it salt) before practice to help with cramps.

Drinking melted ice through a sweaty helmet wasn't as refreshing as one might think.

I will take gatorade anyday.
You got ice chips ?
***** ;)

proud gonzo
8/7/2006, 01:43 AM
orange gatorade. kiss my butt.

yermom
8/7/2006, 01:45 AM
:texan: gatorade. kiss my butt.

:eek:

Hook em

IB4OU2
8/7/2006, 08:03 AM

They was super hillbillies, my mamma and pappa were out there pickin' along side them but they weren't wearing shoulder pads or helmets.....and mamma was probably dipping some sweet garret to replace the salt loss. ;)

Miko
8/7/2006, 08:34 AM
[CliffClavin] Well, there Normy...As I understand it, gatorade does indeed include electrolites and thus is in someways better than water alone. However, there are several different chemicals that can serve as electrolites. Potassium, for example. Gatorade chose sodium, which some argue is not the best choice.

Of course, it was first invented by the Mesopotamiums.............[/ClifClavin]

sooneron
8/7/2006, 08:45 AM
H20!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9811/13/review.waterboy/waterboy.jpg

Miko
8/7/2006, 10:28 AM
H20!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9811/13/review.waterboy/waterboy.jpg

"Igahzeembeenweeedwahhummmbeeednn! Zeddybleek fladdergrammmimenen. Ha! Ha!" -Coach Farmer