PDA

View Full Version : The Whorns have a serious.........

Geekboy
8/5/2006, 09:55 PM
mental problem with all this Bomar stuff. Go to Hornfans.com and it's all they can talk about all over most of their threads.

They are obsessed with 'everything OU' to the point that it literally dominates their lives!

This is what happens when groups become terrified of an opponent. Even though they (well, not the Longhorns as a whole, maybe Vince Young and his pretty damn good Rosebowl performance) won an NC they just can't get over this OU stigma that eats at their souls.

It's really sort of funny and sad at the same time. I didn't know it would become this pathetic. Maybe if they won 10 straight conference championships and 10 straight national titles they might relax some.
But.......that's not going to happen. So therefore, I don't see any relief for the whorn fanbase.

This entire Longwhorn fanbase scenario should be studied by only the most prolific psychiatrists from around the world to try and get a grasp on abnormal human behavior. I'm really curious to see what is really going on there and why it's that way.

1991SOONER
8/5/2006, 10:13 PM
I agree with you. I've been lurking over there from time to time and that THE ONLY topic right now. Truth be known I think they were comfortable that Bonehead was our qb because they more or less view him as a cartoon figure and rightfully so...

I believe at this point they're more afraid of the Thompson/Petersen combo...

Lets face it, Thompson isn't going to make NEARLY as many mistakes as Bonehead did. The season reminds me alittle of '85 (except Aikman was excellent qb, he just got hurt)

goingoneight
8/5/2006, 10:16 PM
Why don't you ask them how quickly Mack Brown let Ramonce Taylor go? Oh, wait... He didn't, he let him play in the National Championship game and advised him to transfer a few months later.

So Bob Stoops releases an OL man (which we were in dyer need of in 2006), and OUr starting quarterback (a number one ranked HS prep star in 2004) just 30 days before kickoff. Aggies and whorns are calling us worthless cheaters, I don't see where this adds up. To me, cutting a starting QB and a good OL man is biting the ultimate bullet. Shooting yourself square in the foot. Is there any coincidence that he announced it on national news instead of quietly dismissing these guys for quote: "breaking team policies?" No, there is not. Whorns are proving themselves stupid as the aggies they hate if they spread this nonsense around, period.

1991SOONER
8/5/2006, 10:20 PM
^^^^AGREED 1000%!!!

AlabamaSooner
8/5/2006, 10:33 PM
Wow, at least 90% of the threads on there right now (I just visited for the first time to check this out) are about us. I've never seen anything like that before. Just....wow.

bexar county horn
8/5/2006, 10:34 PM
mental problem with all this Bomar stuff. Go to Hornfans.com and it's all they can talk about all over most of their threads.

They are obsessed with 'everything OU' to the point that it literally dominates their lives!

This is what happens when groups become terrified of an opponent. Even though they (well, not the Longhorns as a whole, maybe Vince Young and his pretty damn good Rosebowl performance) won an NC they just can't get over this OU stigma that eats at their souls.

It's really sort of funny and sad at the same time. I didn't know it would become this pathetic. Maybe if they won 10 straight conference championships and 10 straight national titles they might relax some.
But.......that's not going to happen. So therefore, I don't see any relief for the whorn fanbase.

This entire Longwhorn fanbase scenario should be studied by only the most prolific psychiatrists from around the world to try and get a grasp on abnormal human behavior. I'm really curious to see what is really going on there and why it's that way.

What the hell do you expect?This is huge news.A national story involving the longhorns most hated rival.If Vince Young or someone of that caliber on the longhorns were having similar problems,this board would be loaded with negative longhorn posts.It goes both ways.

soonerloyal
8/5/2006, 11:43 PM
Actually, I think the thread title would have been almost inarguable if you'd just left it at "The Whorns have a serious mental problem."

Yep, it's a national story all right. I agree that it's no surprise that our rivals are dancing around a bonfire in celebration and running their sucks non-stop. I just wish whornfans would talk about something that would really make an impact...like replacing the pilled old polyester craprags that their band wears. Now that would be newsworthy...

Down here in Florida you don't hear a peep when the gangstas from Miami or Criminoles get suspended or dismissed. I think people around here just expect it.

buckeyenation
8/6/2006, 01:03 AM
i don't know if you all have seen this yet

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&page=1&forum_id=5

SOONER44EVER
8/6/2006, 01:10 AM
I just went to hornfans. 25 OU threads out of 48 total. WOW!

Blue
8/6/2006, 01:16 AM

We've seen it, but that's the first time I read it. I couldn't get past page 3.

There's blood in the water and watching those people root for lives to be ruined is sickening. I know they're just bs'ing on a message board, but it's rough to see people aching for our best players to be somehow connected.

If you can't beat us on the field...

Flagstaffsooner
8/6/2006, 01:21 AM
They will have to have a No Land Thief Tuesday.:texan:

TheGodfather889
8/6/2006, 01:40 AM
You can bet money on it that none of them would ever even think that those fatcat rich Texans would never cheat and give one of their players money.:rolleyes:

devOUt
8/6/2006, 07:36 AM
What the hell do you expect?This is huge news.A national story involving the longhorns most hated rival.If Vince Young or someone of that caliber on the longhorns were having similar problems,this board would be loaded with negative longhorn posts.It goes both ways.

Oh I don't know, but I might expect :texan: to talk about practice, Ohio State, their two green qbs, how to keep AD under 200 yards, or reservations to Tempe.

1991SOONER
8/6/2006, 07:58 AM

That is BS!!! Any forum administrator can fabricate a thread like that with dates and all. Its not hard to do. Just some Ag trying to prove "I told you so". I'll bet money that thread is not real!!!!

TJKDone
8/6/2006, 12:35 PM
Come on guys, we Longhorns are just bored before practice begins:D

Hook'em

josh09
8/6/2006, 12:40 PM
ive tried hornfans with 2 different names, but the first mention that im an OU fan, and people start cussing me out, and the first time i say something that MIGHT seem a LITTLE rude to them, and im banned

BASSooner
8/6/2006, 12:48 PM
yeah its not even worth it. just let them get excited over something that won't really have a negative effect on this team. after october, they will all shutup just like they usually do when we destroy them

Dances with Possums
8/6/2006, 01:55 PM
You started a thread about Longhorns to say that Longhorns are obsessed with Sooners?

I doubt that this is getting any more play on Hornfans than it would had this happened with Stephen McGee and Texas A&M, or more play than the Ryan Perrilloux situation did back in its day.

It's the off season and we're bored.

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 01:59 PM
Dude...

Your a possum...

It's always boring.

King Crimson
8/6/2006, 02:03 PM
I doubt that this is getting any more play on Hornfans than it would had this happened with Stephen McGee and Texas A&M,

this sounds like something Aggy would say. when was the last time atm beat you guys? when was the last time atm-ut meant something of national implications vs. 4 of the last 6 winners of the OU-UT game playing the BCS championship game? when was the last time they scored 60 on the horns?

85Sooner
8/6/2006, 03:10 PM
THats OK, when my (now) wife and I moved down to Austin in 1994, Whe was the HR director for A local Home health care agency and every 2 weeks wrote out the checks to several longhorn players. Keep in mind this was over a decade ago under a different coach. and you would recognize the names on the checks but I have a feeling that this goes on everwhere.