PDA

View Full Version : Bomar story broke 7 months ago on TexAgs

BarryBnds
8/5/2006, 09:26 PM
Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but this is amazing.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&forum_id=5

soonersam
8/5/2006, 09:51 PM
wow!!!! very interesting..

maybe the ncaa should just read boards instead of investigating schools

amlah6
8/5/2006, 10:05 PM
Wow. Not only was McCrae jerkhole enough to pay players, he was dumb enough to hire a girl who was dating an aggie.

Matthew
8/5/2006, 10:07 PM
Good grief. I'd say more than a few people owe the threadstarter an apology.

southern sooner
8/5/2006, 10:11 PM
That dude nailed it.... Why did the dealership have a spy working there..... Faggies!!!!

TXBOOMER
8/5/2006, 10:31 PM
The dude had it pegged. I can't believe this stayed so quiet. This goes to show you you can't hide jack chit. You need to play by the rules.

sooners00
8/6/2006, 01:58 AM
We are screwed.

Not a good 1st post to have but its the truth.

We were told a few months ago to figure things out when Peterson had the car.

Well we investigated and at the time found nothing.

I dont think the NCAA is going to appreciate this.

Blue
8/6/2006, 02:10 AM
We are screwed.

Listen Chicken Little. Let's not jump to conclusions. It was two players and they are gone. With all that's gone on in other schools we better not get anything.

47straight
8/6/2006, 03:56 AM
We are screwed.

Have some red, troll. The coaches are not going to be held accountable for not reading texags.com. Good grief. Besides, it's not even entirely clear that it isn't hoaxed!

1991SOONER
8/6/2006, 08:01 AM
Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but this is amazing.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&forum_id=5

That is BS!!! Any forum administrator can fabricate a thread like that with dates and all. Its not hard to do. Just some Ag trying to prove "I told you so". I'll bet money that thread is not real!!!!

bobnurse
8/6/2006, 10:34 AM
That is BS!!! Any forum administrator can fabricate a thread like that with dates and all. Its not hard to do. Just some Ag trying to prove "I told you so". I'll bet money that thread is not real!!!!

I could believe your statement. But some did post that its been there and how they owe apologies.

1991SOONER
8/6/2006, 10:56 AM
I could believe your statement. But some did post that its been there and how they owe apologies.

I still don't buy it. Anyone can post garbage on the internet and make it look credible...

sooners00
8/6/2006, 11:09 AM
I'll bet money that thread is not real!!!!

You lose a lot of bets don't you?

I'm sure they just all got together and made a big plan to do that.....

1991SOONER
8/6/2006, 12:43 PM
You lose a lot of bets don't you?

I'm sure they just all got together and made a big plan to do that.....

No as a matter of fact I don't lose alot of bets. I bet all the time on the stock market and win much more than I lose. My 200k portfolio is proof of that. I'm just saying don't so naive to believe everything you read on the net. Don't you think its a tad suspicious that it just SO HAPPENED to come from a rivals board?? Besides that, it only takes one person to do it....

OUfan7
8/6/2006, 12:56 PM
Who cares??? What's done is done. OU found out about it and took care of it without any help from the NCAA. Geeezz, stick a fork in it!!!!!

tbl
8/6/2006, 01:11 PM
Dudes... the thread is probably real. It's a small world, and in OK & TX, it's safe to say that a large number of people are college FB fans and are familiar with the other teams info.

Dances with Possums
8/6/2006, 01:51 PM
The thread is real. I read it back in January.

jbstrick
8/6/2006, 01:54 PM
I still don't buy it. Anyone can post garbage on the internet and make it look credible...

You just proved your own point.

The easy way to validate this is to search the Google cache.

OUTrumpet
8/6/2006, 02:41 PM
wow!!!! very interesting..

maybe the ncaa should just read boards instead of investigating schools

Just think of how much they'd be invistigating here if they read an osu board...

Flagstaffsooner
8/6/2006, 02:47 PM
Just think of how much they'd be invistigating here if they read an osu board...http://www.ihash2006.com/images/sheep.bmp

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/6/2006, 02:56 PM
Even if it's not in the Google cache, it doesn't mean it's fake. They probably just soft deleted the thread at the time and then when someone remebered it, they brought it back. Certainly more likely than a conspiracy headed by the paranoid masterminds running the show over at texags ;).

But even if it is a hoax (which I doubt) it would still be pretty funny.

If true, just goes to show how monumentally dunderheaded all parties involved were. I mean, if the story is broken by a Delta Delta Delta while popping her Doublemint and stressing about her split-ends, then we probably have bigger problems.

Has anyone made sure that Bomar didn't leave his playbook on a copy machine at the Grand Prarie Kinkos?

lufkinaggie07
8/6/2006, 03:04 PM
The thread is real, the guy got hammered when he came out with his info, most people at the time thought he was talking about LSU, but apparently he was referring to OU, the Staff at Texags took the thread down at the time, and recently put it back up when the news about Bomar came out.

1991SOONER
8/6/2006, 03:07 PM
You just proved your own point.

The easy way to validate this is to search the Google cache.

I know it exists on the ag board somewhere. Duh. I'm saying that anyone with privilages to that board can create a bogus thread with fictional dates.

Besides that, if you were a TRUE Sooner fan, how could you possibly support anything that could damage our program futher??? If you don't know what I am talking about, just re-read the post and pay attention.

Whether its true or not. I am not supporting it until it comes from a credible source and not the internet that any bozo with forum board privilages can create.

I'm not arguing about this anymore, but I WILL point out some descrepancies:

1) The poster says that there were "large sums" of money handed out to Bomar. In fact, Bomar was dismissed for not working the hours that he said he worked, not for recieving "large sums" of money.

2) If this ag was dating someone who lived in OK, it must be logical that he himself lived in OK. I mean, come-on guys??? I lived in OK for 27 years and NEVER EVER ran across an Ag while I was there. They all congregate down here in Texas because thats where their network is. And that is where most of the good paying jobs are. WHAT REASON WOULD HE HAVE FOR MOVING TO OKLAHOMA?!!?!?!?!?

That whole thread stinks and I don't buy it and you can't make me:mad:

Any self respecting Sooner will do the same....

jps
8/6/2006, 03:08 PM
Well, if it is real (which it looks to be), then I guess hopefully the only people that were involved were Bomar and JD and a possible walkon. Hopefully, what we know is all there is to it.

1991SOONER
8/6/2006, 03:10 PM
Even if it's not in the Google cache, it doesn't mean it's fake. They probably just soft deleted the thread at the time and then when someone remebered it, they brought it back. Certainly more likely than a conspiracy headed by the paranoid masterminds running the show over at texags ;).

But even if it is a hoax (which I doubt) it would still be pretty funny.

If true, just goes to show how monumentally dunderheaded all parties involved were. I mean, if the story is broken by a Delta Delta Delta while popping her Doublemint and stressing about her split-ends, then we probably have bigger problems.

Has anyone made sure that Bomar didn't leave his playbook on a copy machine at the Grand Prarie Kinkos?

It COULD have also been about another school and the thread was "doctored" as you can see there where no "quotes" where others referenced his words. I still find it highly suspicious. Just someones agenda to get an investigation started into OU...

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 03:11 PM
Who cares??? What's done is done. OU found out about it and took care of it without any help from the NCAA. Geeezz, stick a fork in it!!!!!

Ah, but we would be the only fans to put a lock on it. This hurts us in so many ways you can't ignore. The more games we win, now... the more OUr program will be picked apart for what some stupid kids and boosters did. If you can put someone on two years of probabtion for 550 phone calls over the course of five years...

Once again, look at your personal phone bill over the last five years and tell me you haven't made over a thousand BS phone calls... And this was an entire coaching staff, to several players over the course of, again FIVE FREAKING YEARS.

Well, then... you can put someone on probation for just about anything. And since we don't have billionaire Boone or the letters "SC" in OUr name... you can bet we'll pay a stiff price for something else ridiculous.

Why is Mack Brown a hero for letting Ramonce break the rules and play for an MNC and Bob Stoops is hated for doing the right thing and biting the bullet just 30 days before what could have been a tremendous season?

RedstickSooner
8/6/2006, 03:22 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach that there was a whistle-blower about this that far back, and we still didn't catch him at it until just now.

*&(* the NCAA -- I don't care about penalties -- I care about what's right, and our players are supposed to be CLEAN, damnit. That's one thing which I don't have to squirm about -- Stoops is a clean coach, he runs a clean program.

So how the bleep did this go on for so long? Did the dealership provide doctored records back when we first looked into AD's car "scandal"? Or were we not able to look at employment records (as that's not a public record, and the university isn't empowered with the ability to seize such records) -- so only once W-2s and so forth showed up were we able to prove there was a problem...?

How can anyone consider themselves a "friend" of the program, and then put players at risk like that? Or was it caused by the change-of-ownership of the dealership, and the new owners supplying accurate tax info to the gummint? Is it possible that Bomar had his gig there for two full years, drawing money for a no-show job?

The more we hear, the more ashamed I am. My only solace is that at least it seems to be restricted to Bomar and Quinn. Or is that going to change as well? Certainly seems odd they'd be the only two to avail themselves of free handouts.

101sooner
8/6/2006, 03:22 PM
"On top of this a player was in buying a car recently, and when she say the finance stuff, he had only paid about 1/100th of the sticker price. Is this legal?"

BRSI GM to BRSI finance department:

"Hey man, that OU football player wants to roll around town in that $35,000 Escalade. Let's sell him the Escalade for $350.00. Spread that $350.00 over 6 years. Shop around for a solid interest rate. No more that %6.25."

jbstrick
8/6/2006, 09:27 PM
2) If this ag was dating someone who lived in OK, it must be logical that he himself lived in OK. I mean, come-on guys??? I lived in OK for 27 years and NEVER EVER ran across an Ag while I was there. They all congregate down here in Texas because thats where their network is. And that is where most of the good paying jobs are. WHAT REASON WOULD HE HAVE FOR MOVING TO OKLAHOMA?!!?!?!?!?

Interesting. I work with several A&M, OSU, Notre Dame, Northwestern, OU, Ark, U of Ariz, grads. I guess it all depends on where you work.

OklahomaTuba
8/6/2006, 10:02 PM
1991 is being stupid.

I work in an office building with over 1,000 in Tulsa, OK.

I would bet no more than 10% are originally from Oklahoma or went to an Oklahoma school.

Hell, I would bet that nearly 30% are from overseas.

sooner94
8/6/2006, 10:41 PM
damn innerweb dun gott us ina spotu trouble

humbletexas
8/6/2006, 10:51 PM
Give props to the Aggies...they nailed it some time ago................................

Sucks for us......:(

olevetonahill
8/6/2006, 11:02 PM
Get ****ing real people . If some aggie told us about this we would have nailed his azz to a cross . **** happens and idiots are here . We cant prevent em only get rid of em .
Coach did That . As I said lets put this **** behind us and get Behind ENA ;)

sooners00
8/6/2006, 11:25 PM
No as a matter of fact I don't lose alot of bets. I bet all the time on the stock market and win much more than I lose. My 200k portfolio is proof of that.

The thread is real. I read it back in January.

Looks like you lost this one. Score one for my portfolio broseph.

Unless of course you just don't believe this guy or anyone else who posts on these boards.

badger
8/6/2006, 11:28 PM
when you keep in mind how much information is on teh intraweb, it makes perfect sense that the story broke online first. i mean--- that's how it broke to many of you, right? probably hardly any of you were watching Dean.

LSUMeathead
8/7/2006, 08:37 AM
No as a matter of fact I don't lose alot of bets. I bet all the time on the stock market and win much more than I lose. My 200k portfolio is proof of that.

I am merely a casual observer in this whole debate, but I don't think I have laughed so hard until I read this post. Why is it that when someone is challenged on a message board, they have to whip out one of the following lines:

My portfolio is worth $x,xxx,xxx
My house is enormous
My car costs more than you are worth
My johnson is bigger than your forearm!

...to clearly compansate for the true fact that...

I have an Ameritrade account with $500 & 1000 shares of Enron in it
I live in a van down by the river
I am assuming that you are worth approximately $2.50 because that is what my Camaro is worth
I need tweezers & a magnifying glass to use the bathroom

:rolleyes:

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2006, 09:58 AM
I got a temporary ban here for posting information that later turned out to be true. Sometimes, people don't want to believe stuff because there are too many instances of b.s. from trolls.

Fort Worth Realtor
8/7/2006, 12:14 PM
AggieGrant06 nailed it. Everyone on Texags told him he was full of it.

Texags.com is such a wealth of vital information.

RacerX
8/7/2006, 12:47 PM
I got a temporary ban here for posting information that later turned out to be true. Sometimes, people don't want to believe stuff because there are too many instances of b.s. from trolls.

Post reported.

:D

Dances with Possums
8/7/2006, 12:51 PM
Why is Mack Brown a hero for letting Ramonce break the rules and play for an MNC and Bob Stoops is hated for doing the right thing and biting the bullet just 30 days before what could have been a tremendous season?

Out of curiosity 1) which rules did Ramonce Taylor break 2) who is hating Bob Stoops for doing the right thing and biting the bullet?

I_Live_In_OK
8/7/2006, 01:02 PM
Taylor didn't break any NCAA violations. He was in trouble a few times, with the wrong crowd, etc., but there were no findings on violations. He broke the law.

Bomar didn't break any laws. An employer may choose to pay his employees what the eff ever sometimes. But that doesn't fly with the NCAA committee, ergo major violations and a permanent dismissal.

OU fans are frustrated because we felt Stoops could've suspended Bomar and Quinn for a few games, maybe half a season, because he could've. Instead, those two aren't suiting up for us anymore. A lot of response has been that Stoops has done the right thing, but a lot of responses have also been that Stoops had no choice and that his arrogance is finally biting him the rear, which is just not an adequate thing to say.

I_Live_In_OK
8/7/2006, 01:09 PM
Skip Bayless also wrote a piece about Stoops losing control of the team and that the head coach, ultimately, is responsible for every negative action of his players.

That is simply not the right thing to say. Should Mack Brown have approached Taylor that night the cops found weed in his car, taken the weed and disposed of it, and waved a finger at Taylor? Could've been Taylor's weed, could've been someone else's. How could mack supervise such constantly ill behavior? He can't. He can only talk to his players, just as Stoops claims he does, about beer, boosters, agents, whatever.

NYaggie
8/7/2006, 02:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/football/ncaa/2006/08/oklahomas-deep-throat.html

1991SOONER
8/7/2006, 05:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/football/ncaa/2006/08/oklahomas-deep-throat.html

Gosh, since it appeared on si than it must be credible :rolleyes: LOL

I still don't buy it...

NYaggie
8/7/2006, 05:58 PM
Gosh, since it appeared on si than it must be credible :rolleyes: LOL

I still don't buy it...

So at what point would you buy it? ESPN? CNN/Fox News? Does Cronkite have to come out of retirement to tell you it isn't fabricated? :confused:

bringit
8/7/2006, 06:01 PM
Real or fabricated, you guys are acting like a bunch of giddy little girls that you "broke" the story from some guy who types like an 6th grader.

A yankee and an aggie... sux2bu

BeetDigger
8/7/2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.ihash2006.com/images/sheep.bmp

LMAO.

Of course, you know that you have to be banned as this constitutes pron to any Aggy. Beano, do your duty.

NYaggie
8/7/2006, 06:12 PM
who types like an 6th grader.

Perfect

1991SOONER
8/7/2006, 06:34 PM
who types like an 6th grader.

Most ags type like sixth graders. My boss is an ag and he does the same thing. I had to show him the other day how to use "spell check" LOL

YUP

FaninAma
8/7/2006, 09:51 PM
Any of you legal types know the ramifications of an employee discussing the finances of a fellow employee with a 3rd party outside of the business?

I know in my current position it is strictly forbidden to discuss the details of another employee, including salary, with anybody outside the company.

I don't know if that is just a policy of my employer or if it is a HIPPA requirement. If it turns out this payroll girlfriend committed a HIPPA offense she is subject to a $40,000 fine for each offense she committed.

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2006, 10:02 PM
Any of you legal types know the ramifications of an employee discussing the finances of a fellow employee with a 3rd party outside of the business?

I know in my current position it is strictly forbidden to discuss the details of another employee, including salary, with anybody outside the company.

I don't know if that is just a policy of my employer or if it is a HIPPA requirement. If it turns out this payroll girlfriend committed a HIPPA offense she is subject to a $40,000 fine for each offense she committed.

Maybe Bomar and Quinn can pool together some money to help her out.

sorry.

jps
8/7/2006, 10:45 PM
While it is probably a privacy breach, it doesn't have anything to do with hippa... or hipaa. HIPAA is the health insurance portability and accountabliity act which really deals with health insurance and not necessarily privacy with regards to financial earnings and W-2 info.

That being said, I sure don't want to be in her situation. Actually, both of their situations. It would be very easy for a court to request his name from the mods (I would think) for some reason if need be.

FaninAma
8/7/2006, 10:52 PM
While it is probably a privacy breach, it doesn't have anything to do with hippa... or hipaa. HIPAA is the health insurance portability and accountabliity act which really deals with health insurance and not necessarily privacy with regards to financial earnings and W-2 info.

That being said, I sure don't want to be in her situation. Actually, both of their situations. It would be very easy for a court to request his name from the mods (I would think) for some reason if need be.

You're right about HIPAA. I do know of a person who actually had criminal charges filed against her for releasing personal financial information about one of the customers of the bank she worked for. She and her employer were also sued and ended up payng a significant settlement to the bank customer.

Since what Bomar was doing wasn't illegal(only against NCAA rules) then I think he still should be protected by any financial privacy laws on the books.

I wonder if any tort action would/could be filed against the current owners, the former owners or both if the tell-all employee is still working there?

47straight
8/8/2006, 11:28 AM
Out of curiosity 1) which rules did Ramonce Taylor break 2) who is hating Bob Stoops for doing the right thing and biting the bullet?

I'll take that one for Chris...

1) The common-sense rule that older college-age grown big men on campus shouldn't be attending *high-school* graduation parties held in a field. The common-sense rule that you don't consent to search. The legal rule that you do not threaten to bring a gun back to said high school graduation party, a.k.a. Texas Penal Code Sections 22.01(a)(2) and 22.01(a)(3). The legal rule that you do not carry around enough drugs to supply Cypress Hill's next tour, a.k.a. Texas Health and Safety Code Section 481.115. The style rule that says gold teef grills are just wrong.

2) Evidently half the callers to sports talk radio stations in Austin think that Bob did something wrong, because they all claim - with superior understanding of the sport that can only come from a first NC since integration - that he just had to have known about it! Especially since it was reported on Texags.com! I mean, c'mon, if Texas fans obsessively read opponents' message boards like soonerfans.com and texags.com, it would be criminally negligent for the administration and staff at OU not to!

edit: SORRY - NLT violation. Mea culpa.

JaminT
8/8/2006, 02:05 PM
FWIW

I can also verify the post was/is real.

If I'm not mistaken, I followed the link to texags from this site back in january.

I remember when he dropped bomar's name

humblesooner
8/8/2006, 02:35 PM
FWIW

I can also verify the post was/is real.

If I'm not mistaken, I followed the link to texags from this site back in january.

I remember when he dropped bomar's name

The post was only up for 1-1/2 hours and it was from 1:30 AM to 3:00 AM.

And you followed a link to it from here?

soonerlaw
8/8/2006, 03:53 PM
aggiegrant06 = Dan Rather. :D :D

colleyvillesooner
8/8/2006, 04:23 PM

<crickets>

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 04:29 PM

ouch.............

Texas
8/8/2006, 04:37 PM
i can vouch that thread is legit...i was up reading texags that night... heck i even have a post on the first page under an alias.

colleyvillesooner
8/8/2006, 04:44 PM
i can vouch that thread is legit...i was up reading texags that night... heck i even have a post on the first page under an alias.

Well there it is. Its real. :cool:

Texas
8/8/2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0246-0603-2912-0856_SM.jpg

=D

humblesooner
8/8/2006, 04:50 PM

Well if the rookie with 8 posts, with a username of "Texas", says it is legit, then I an convinced.:rolleyes:

Texas
8/8/2006, 04:52 PM
na, been here for a while....just havent posted much.

humblesooner
8/8/2006, 04:55 PM
heck i even have a post on the first page under an alias.

And we thought you would post on ALL message boards with your real name of "Texas".:texan:

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2006, 04:55 PM
Why would anyone want to read Texasags anyway?

Texas
8/8/2006, 04:58 PM
its comedic gold when you need a laugh.

rebuilding 06 and champs 08!

goingoneight
8/8/2006, 05:42 PM
Well, at least your ags actually have a title. OUr have half-a-conference title in 115+ years and act as if they are "rivals" of OU.

olevetonahill
8/8/2006, 07:13 PM
na, been here for a while....just havent posted much.
Yep you oldtimer you !
you have been here all of 3 + mnths :eek: