PDA

View Full Version : REAL TRUTH (part II)

HateTheWhorns
8/5/2006, 06:11 PM
Real Truth....you strike me as not being very bright, not to mention stained with burnt or halloween orange.

If the university is "in bed" with the dealership, do you really think they are going to investigate and boot one of their best players, knowing full well the NCAA will come sniffing around to visit with disgruntled ex-employees and 18-22 year old players who are amply available to validate what you call the truth? Boren or no Boren, no one could cover that much crap up. It would be more reasonable to assume that if the university had knowledge of a systematic problem (or initiated it), they would have chosen to handle the Bomar/Quinn situation in a completely different fashion (i.e., massive cover-up).

How many players have worked at the dealership is irrelevant as clusters of players have been getting offered summer jobs from booster run businesses for decades (at all major schools). In the 1980s, I worked for a Dallas O&G company that hired in about 20 current and former OU players. A few were full-time, but most were hired in for the summer only. For the most part, they were good employees and put in a full days work. I worked in accounting and can guaranty you there were no payroll shanigans going on through our department as there were plenty of the OU-hating types in the loop that would have brought an abrupt end to that.

What is relevant is when were they employed (off-season or in-season), was the employment reported to compliance, and did they get paid only for the hours worked. The information that has come out thus far indicates that the employment term in question occurred during the 2005 season (when they were not supposed to be working), it involved two players, the employment was not reported to compliance, and an internal investigation showed they were overpaid.

There is absolutely no information circulating that would suggest the administration had any knowledge of, or role in seeing that certain players received money for work that was not performed and for you to even suggest it without some basis of fact just reveals the REAL TRUTH about yourself.

1991SOONER
8/5/2006, 09:28 PM
Well said. Whorns are having a hey-day with this as all other schools that hate us. Saying that this is the tip of the iceberg...blah blah blah.

I'll bet if you trace down where Vince Young got his 26" pimp a ss wheels, you'll find the credit card of a longhorn booster.

I don't see what the big deal is. I know people I work with that get paid alot more than Bomar did and absolutely don't do s hit. I know its an NCAA violation, I'm just saying it goes on at every single cube farm across the plains...