PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 05:15 PM
I can see where his DUI and his comments were indeed news worthy given his statements about his Father when questioned during the Passion of the Christ film release...

But now they are talking about a boycott and which way many folks in the entertainment industry might take a stand for or against him.

The guy was drunk and probably on some medication is my guess...

Yes...Mel needs to make amends for his recent actions and statements...

But when I think of guys like this....

http://www.filmfestivals.com/images/tiff2005galery/images/Robert%20Downey%20Jr.jpg

...and the number of times he's had chances to redeem himself and get his life back on track...

Well...

I just think anyone jumping on Mel Gibson or continuing to air speculative news about him is just about as much a bottom feeding scum sucker as there is...

BoogercountySooner
8/5/2006, 05:20 PM
How about this tool!

http://www.perfectpeople.net/media/indexpictures/556.jpg

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah...

Charlie has had his problems too.

I almost included him but Downey has to be one of the worst...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/5/2006, 07:17 PM
The hollyweirds were just waiting for Mel to screw up, and did he ever!!!

royalfan5
8/5/2006, 07:26 PM
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that being anti-Semitic isn't a good way to make friends in the entertainment industry.

General Applewhite
8/5/2006, 07:37 PM
"The hollyweirds were just waiting for Mel to screw up, and did he ever!!!"

So you theory is that the hollywood elites were sitting around, twisting their moustahces, while they diabolically pieced together a plan just in case Mel G ever got a DWI and went on an anti-semitic tirade?

You guys are comparing apples and oranges.......Downey was just self-destructive and if any of us got invited to go out on the town with Charlie Sheen and 20 top shelf hookers we couldn't be out the door fast enough.

Mel isn't just self-destructive....he is a friggin' nazi....and you can't blame the booze. Alcohol only amplifies your true nature. When you and I get drunk, do we decide to chase other guys? No. When Richard Simmons gets drunk, does he decide to agressively go after some chicks? No. Mel is a bad guy who showed his true colors and by the way, Jesus was a Jew.

8/5/2006, 07:56 PM
"The hollyweirds were just waiting for Mel to screw up, and did he ever!!!"

So you theory is that the hollywood elites were sitting around, twisting their moustahces, while they diabolically pieced together a plan just in case Mel G ever got a DWI and went on an anti-semitic tirade?

Mel isn't just self-destructive....he is a friggin' nazi....and you can't blame the booze. Alcohol only amplifies your true nature. Yes, the hollyweirds are loving that he said anti-semitic stuff, and not just because there are many Jews in hollyweird. The leftists don't like him because he's Christian religious, and you da*n sure know know that's the reason. I don't know to what degree he's anti-semitic, but nobody is denying that he is . However, I don't think the hollyweird response is motivated mostly by their outrage at him saying something anti-semite, as much as it is having an acceptable excuse to tear into him. Just my opinion.

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 08:37 PM
Yes, the hollyweirds are loving that he said anti-semitic stuff, and not just because there are many Jews in hollyweird. The leftists don't like him because he's Catholic religious, and you da*n sure know know that's the reason. I don't know to what degree he's anti-semitic, but nobody is denying that he is . However, I don't think the hollyweird response is motivated mostly by their outrage at him saying something anti-semite, as much as it is having an acceptable excuse to tear into him. Just my opinion.

fixed it.

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 08:40 PM
...and you can't blame the booze. Alcohol only amplifies your true nature. When you and I get drunk, do we decide to chase other guys? No. When Richard Simmons gets drunk, does he decide to agressively go after some chicks? No. Mel is a bad guy who showed his true colors
Pure Bullcrap.

General Applewhite
8/5/2006, 08:43 PM
Of course there are nut jobs on the left who dislike him for being Christian, just like Mel is apparently a nut job who hates Jews. You can find a nut job for any occasion but to imply that all or most of Hollywood was actually banking on this happening is silly. Remember when Trent Lott spoke on the Senate floor and praised Strom Thurmond's segregationist presidential run from decades before? Countless Republicans said, "The Democrats were just waiting for this chance to pounce on Senator Lott" as if A.) The Democrats would ever be politically savvy enough to anticipate anything correctly & B.) Any sane person would have thought that anyone would be dumb enough to say what Lott said.

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 08:44 PM
The Romans had a saying. In vino veritas.

Just saying.

jk the sooner fan
8/5/2006, 08:56 PM
i'm not sure the "true colors" thing is "pure bullcrap"

i tend to believe that your mouth, sober or drunk, speaks how you feel....alcohol removes inhibitions (how do us ugly guys get laid?)..

i think there's some truth to it, besides Gibson said that he grew up in a very anti semitic household, his father denies the holocaust ever happened

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 09:07 PM
I tend to believe that Mel has been taken home by the Cops a number of times and he was used to being treated differently than most people...

I'm sure he never thought he'd get in trouble at all and just got lippy with the arresting officer.

After a certain point his connections on the force probably couldn't do anything to help him.

Again...

.12 isn't very drunk.

Anger with a little liquor though...

That's a whole different story.

I think he freaked when the Cop was going to take him downtown.

If I was in his shoes I probably would have offered the guy a whole lot of money instead of using the "I own Malibu!" line.

I think Mel figured this would get swept under the rug and he gave the Cop a hard time.

jk the sooner fan
8/5/2006, 09:08 PM
.12 on a new drinker isnt much

.12 on an old alcoholic can be alot

at least in my law enforcement experience

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 09:09 PM
He looked like he'd had a few loritabs or xanax to me...

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 09:13 PM
The funniest part was when he allegedly asked the female officer "what are you looking at sugart1ts?"

That's comedy gold right there.

I bet SNL has something about all this tonight.

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 09:15 PM
The funniest part was when he allegedly asked the female officer "what are you looking at sugart1ts?"

That's comedy gold right there.

I bet SNL has something about all this tonight.
You've got to be right about that...

I'm gonna go autotune the satellite...lol.

:pop:

jk the sooner fan
8/5/2006, 09:42 PM
if only SNL were new tonite....

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 10:14 PM
if only SNL were new tonite....
dang...

jk the sooner fan
8/5/2006, 10:15 PM
did you two forget we're trapped in reruns for another few weeks?

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 10:16 PM
I haven't watched SNL in so long....

The reruns would be new to me.

8/6/2006, 01:42 AM
Mel is apparently a nut job who hates Jews. You can find a nut job for any occasion but to imply that all or most of Hollywood was actually banking on this happening is silly. Remember when Trent Lott spoke on the Senate floor and praised Strom Thurmond's segregationist presidential run from decades before? Countless Republicans said, "The Democrats were just waiting for this chance to pounce on Senator Lott" A) I don't think Hollywood was counting on Mel to say what he said, but they attacked him gleefully when he did say it. B)Of course the dims were equally gleeful when Lott praised Strom Thurmond. For you to deny it is either ignorant or partisan. I don't believe Lott thought he said anything controversial. If a dim would have said anything like Lott said,(about Robert KKK Byrd, for example)it would have gone ignored in the media, unless some fool Republican would have had the hubris to point it out. Then, the media would have pooh-poohed it, and it would have been forgotten in the mainstream media in a day or two.You know darn well I'm right on this.
Speaking of Robt. KKK Byrd, how in he*l did he get away with using the N-word on TV twice in the same interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Depressed a couple or three yrs. ago? Any Republican would have been forced to resign the Senate!

Scott D
8/6/2006, 08:26 AM
wow william.....I see you found your tin foil hat.

Jerk
8/6/2006, 08:40 AM
Some drunk actor makes anti-semitic remarks.

Some crazed muslim lunatic shoots up a Jewish Community Center in Washington.

Guess which got 10 times more attention"?

Scott D
8/6/2006, 09:19 AM
Some drunk actor makes anti-semitic remarks.

Some crazed muslim lunatic shoots up a Jewish Community Center in Washington.

Guess which got 10 times more attention"?

how much money that stupid Will Ferrell movie made following how much money the stupid Colin Farrell movie made?

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 10:31 AM
From the guy who dropped the bomb....

You'd think this would get more attention than Mel...
Harry S. Truman (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive//trumandiary1.html?link=rssfeed)

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 01:56 PM
The hollyweirds were just waiting for Mel to screw up, and did he ever!!!What did he do? I've had grandkids in and out all summer, so unless it was on the Nickelodeon or Disney channel, I'm totally in the dark.

royalfan5
8/6/2006, 02:15 PM
What did he do? I've had grandkids in and out all summer, so unless it was on the Nickelodeon or Disney channel, I'm totally in the dark.
He got a DUI, and then went on an anti-semetic rant while being arrested with a bonus borderline sexually inapprorpiate remark to one of the women officers.

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 02:19 PM
He got a DUI, and then went on an anti-semetic rant while being arrested with a bonus borderline sexually inapprorpiate remark to one of the women officers.
What did he say? Just give me the short version. :P

royalfan5
8/6/2006, 02:28 PM
What did he say? Just give me the short version. :P
It was pretty much a garden variety "the Jews" are responsible for the worlds problem rant.

MamaMia
8/6/2006, 02:37 PM
It was pretty much a garden variety "the Jews" are responsible for the worlds problem rant.
Jeepers. That wasn't real bright.