PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Anyone?

SouthernSooner
8/5/2006, 10:43 AM
I am looking for other Sooner fans here in the ATL area to start a fan club for getting together for games and maybe poker. Or if you know of one already let me know.

Blue
8/5/2006, 04:45 PM
I'm in Atlanta but I don't want to hang out with you.

:D

SouthernSooner
8/5/2006, 05:43 PM
Sweet, I was just thinking the same thing about your mom

SoonerJLB
8/5/2006, 06:05 PM
I used to hang-out at Frankie's Sport Bar off Roswell and the 285. I lived within short cab ride from my house near Buckhead and would go there around noon during football season and stay until late. There was a good mixture of fans..NEB, CU, FSU, Miami, PSU, ND, Florida and the rest. Is that place still around? There also a place in Buckhead called Bats and Balls but it was pretty small.

King Crimson
8/5/2006, 06:19 PM
I used to hang-out at Frankie's Sport Bar off Roswell and the 285. I lived within short cab ride from my house near Buckhead and would go there around noon during football season and stay until late. There was a good mixture of fans..NEB, CU, FSU, Miami, PSU, ND, Florida and the rest. Is that place still around? There also a place in Buckhead called Bats and Balls but it was pretty small.

one of my best buddies grew up in Buckhead, right around Peachtree Creek park or something. we used to hang at a english style pub around there--not for football games but it was a cool place. i like Atlanta. i forget what that place was called: something limey sounding, like Fox and Hen, or the WInchester Arms.

GDC
8/5/2006, 07:18 PM
THere used to be a guy called AtlantaSooner, he had a web site.

King Crimson
8/5/2006, 07:30 PM
THere used to be a guy called AtlantaSooner, he had a web site.

before the pay per sites, he was a recruiting "guru" in the early days of fan sites, IIRC.

Blue
8/5/2006, 07:42 PM
Sweet, I was just thinking the same thing about your mom

Damn, that was harsh.