PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Sports Animal

Jerk
8/5/2006, 10:24 AM
I listened to these dudes yesterday around noon. They had "Big Al Jerkens" and 2 other guys on there. I'm an okc guy, so I really don't know if these people have an agenda, but they were sure playing up the Bomar drama, acting like it's the worst offense in college football history, that OU is going to get severe NCAA sanctions, that Stoops will probably go to the NFL, and OU is at fault for lack of institutional control, etc, etc, I mean, JEEZZZZ did OU not deal with this situation correctly? It's not like OU tried to cover it up. You talk about ruining a Friday afternoon. It was so bad, I had to turn the station. I know from my short time living there that Tulsa is a big time OU city, but did yall slip up and let some arse clowns on the air?

OklahomaTuba
8/5/2006, 10:45 AM
I had it on as well.

But what do u expect when you have an ex-aggie coach, an aggie alum and a 13 year old kid who gets to play sports anchor on channel 8?

Big Al is a huge OU fan, and he seemed to be on vacation or something.

1sooners1
8/5/2006, 10:45 AM
Sensationalism over journalism- those guys are small time wannabes.

He should be known as Big "mouth" Al

SouthernSooner
8/5/2006, 11:08 AM
I am not to worried about those idiots. The NCAA prez was quoted saying that OU handled this very well and that he was inpressed with our integrity. **** on TULSA sports radio!

Jerk
8/5/2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, Tuba, now I remember Pat Jones being on there. He had one good thing to say when talking about the possibility of Stoops leaving:

"That job down there is better than most NFL jobs"

oumartin
8/5/2006, 03:41 PM
i now have to listen to freakin 1430 outta tulsa cuz the sports animal station in tulsa has like a 3 mile range. I wish plank would walk the darn plank. Wednesday he was all over OU and then they went to commercial more often than sports animal and they cover OSU.. Yuck.

CobraKai
8/5/2006, 05:33 PM
Big Al is a huge OU fan,

Actually, I have heard that Big Al is a huge Nebraska fan.

letsroll
8/5/2006, 10:52 PM
trust me, big al is not an OU fan

GDC
8/10/2006, 01:14 PM
Today they were saying they would be surprised if OU doesn't get the death penalty because of a lack of institutional control.

turkey123
8/10/2006, 01:18 PM
Can't happen. It's all about money and OU brings in too much for them to give the death penalty. After Jarrett from USC got reinstated I don't think we have anything at all to worry about.

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 01:34 PM
Listen to the incongruency in what you said...Tulsa and sports. Tulsa and sports. In the same sentence you said Tulsa and sports.

My friend, that's like saying, 'Well, hell, I put the water with the fire and the fire disappeared! WTF? Why did that happen?'

Hey, man...there's not one employed "sports" media type anywhere within 100 miles of Tulsa that knows anything about sports. You may as well go to Utica Square, pick some rich old hag out of the shopping frenzy and put her on air to talk about sports in Tulsa. She won't be any less confusing or annoying than the pis*sant Tulsa "sports" media.

Chicken fried bacon on a popsicle stick! You could get closer to the Oklahoma sports truth by firing up the internet and listening to a sports radio show in Alaska (watch out for the bears and their poop, though.)!

southern sooner
8/10/2006, 01:53 PM
I cant see how we get busted to hard if at all by the NCAA... How can they trash us when USC just walked with not even a slap on the wrist???

sooneron
8/10/2006, 01:59 PM
Humphries just basically said that OU is a dirty program now.

Dio
8/10/2006, 03:12 PM
Chicken fried bacon on a popsicle stick!

Do you have some kind of bacon fetish today?

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 03:17 PM
Bacon is tasty. I had a bacon sandwich last night. I don't trust people who don't eat bacon.

David Earl
8/10/2006, 03:47 PM
Mmmm, bacon.

OklahomaTuba
8/10/2006, 03:49 PM
Humphries just basically said that OU is a dirty program now.
Did he say that while doing a remote from a car dealership?

toast
8/10/2006, 04:04 PM
surprising that he talked about OU with The International starting today

picasso
8/10/2006, 06:57 PM
Pat Jones has been preaching all along that this Bomar thing is going to explode.
I mean he has some interesting insight on the behind the scene stuff in college and pro ball but it does get old listening to that one good team he had that one good year they had Barry Sanders.:D

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:18 PM
Pat Jones has been preaching all along that this Bomar thing is going to explode.
I mean he has some interesting insight on the behind the scene stuff in college and pro ball but it does get old listening to that one good team he had that one good year they had Barry Sanders.:D
Don't forget Hart Lee!!!

picasso
8/10/2006, 08:52 PM
I remember sitting in the stands in Norman when we played oSu in '93? it rained all day and Peppermint Patsie got zero first downs.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 09:49 PM
That one good team, that one good season, that one greatest running back ever...

that one loss, in that one town of Stoolwater, against that one team named... OU.

There's only ONE... University of Oklahoma.