PDA

View Full Version : <Queen>Under Pressure</Queen>

JohnnyMack
8/5/2006, 09:24 AM
During last year's fall camp and all the way up to the opener with TCU there was a tremendous amount of focus on the QB race. Both QB's and the coaching staff were under the microscope by fans and the media, hoping one would emerge as clear favorite. Neither really did. PT was given the nod and (regardless of how poor the game-plan, the coaching and the execution by his fellow teammates was) when we failed, he took the blame and was shipped off to backup WR exile.

Fast forward to today. Now the job is Paul's. No pressure. No thought of a QB controversy (less you count "that other guy" and his off-field antics). He wasn't expected to be a QB, much less be assured of being the starter before fall camp even opened. I wonder how ENA's attitude/demeanor will differ this year with the perspective of how things unfolded last year and another year of maturity under his belt. Something tells me that while we may indeed have some growing pains early, that this season isn't anywhere near the disaster it was thought to be earlier in the week.

picasso
8/5/2006, 09:27 AM
I agree totally, and Kevin Wilson was quoted as saying he told ENA much the same. it's his team.

now, if our first play of the year is a play action fake and our wide open receiver is over thrown by 10 yards?

I'm drinking heavily.

SouthernSooner
8/5/2006, 09:30 AM
I agree totally, and Kevin Wilson was quoted as saying he told ENA much the same. it's his team.

now, if our first play of the year is a play action fake and our wide open receiver is over thrown by 10 yards?

I'm drinking heavily.

TRUE!