PDA

View Full Version : Tom & Ray, the "Car Talk" guys settle the debate...

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 08:42 AM
The Ten Gheyest Cars of All Time.

"Sic'em" isn't gonna like this.;)

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/Gay-Lesbian/gay-guy1.html

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 08:55 AM
Why were you on that site?

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 09:01 AM
Why were you on that site?

I figured I needed objective support for my contention that VW bugs are only driven by straight women and ghey men.;)

JohnnyMack
8/5/2006, 09:04 AM
Thank god we got rid of my wife's Jetta.

8/5/2006, 09:08 AM
Click and Clack are a weekly visitor here in the 12 house. I'm glad the Pixar guys included them in Cars.

"Wrangler."

It just sounds ghey.

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 09:12 AM
Click and Clack are a weekly visitor here in the 12 house. I'm glad the Pixar guys included them in Cars.

"Wrangler."

It just sounds ghey.

That show is the personally most amusing thing on public radio IMHO. I never miss it.

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 09:14 AM
Rump Wranglers.

8/5/2006, 09:18 AM
That show is the personally most amusing thing on public radio IMHO. I never miss it.

It's the ONLY amusing thing on NPR.

Fortunately, it actually is amusing.

BoogercountySooner
8/5/2006, 09:25 AM
If I remember correctly Jerk has #'s 4 and 5 setting in his driveway!:D :D

OUDoc
8/5/2006, 09:38 AM

Tell 'em OUDoc says "Hey".

BTW, I've never owned a car on that list. Woo-hoo! Wait, that sounded gay.

soonerjoker
8/5/2006, 09:53 AM
their humor exceeds their knowledge of cars.

Jerk
8/5/2006, 10:15 AM
If I remember correctly Jerk has #'s 4 and 5 setting in his driveway!:D :D

Thanks for bringing this up, you as.s!

(;

skycat
8/5/2006, 10:55 AM
That list is invalid.

Not nearly enough Subarus.

yermom
8/5/2006, 10:59 AM
the STi is a dude magnet... i mean i highly recommend it for single girls out there... :O

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/5/2006, 11:01 AM
That list is invalid.

Not nearly enough Subarus.

check the lesbian list. froze owned #1 there...

skycat
8/5/2006, 11:04 AM
check the lesbian list. froze owned #1 there...

Thanks, I knew I was missing something.:twinkies:

Frozen Sooner
8/5/2006, 11:10 AM
And yermom owns it now.

I have absolutely no problem owning a car that lesbians dig.

SoonerProphet
8/5/2006, 11:16 AM
A Prairie Home Companion, Michael Feldman's What Do You Know, and Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me are all amusing shows. I like Click and Clack too.

yermom
8/5/2006, 11:17 AM
there are 2 Subarus on that list and neither one is an Impreza :mad:

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 11:20 AM
I have absolutely no problem owning a car that lesbians dig.

Nor do I. I have always maintained I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

IB4OU2
8/5/2006, 11:38 AM
How the hell can a jeep be ghey? :confused:

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 11:40 AM
How the hell can a jeep be ghey? :confused:

I guess in a "Brokeback" sorta way.

IB4OU2
8/5/2006, 11:52 AM
I guess in a "Brokeback" sorta way.

I guess times have changed. I always used a jeep for it's intended use like 4 wheeling up trails to go hunting or fishing. Dayum hollywood gehy cowboy movies! :mad:

Half a Hundred
8/5/2006, 12:05 PM
Ha. How is the Jetta gheyer than the Beetle, Cabrio OR Golf? I mean seriously.

Oh, and at 48mpg (in a TDI diesel), I have to ask that every time at the pump, who's really taking it up the pooper?

:twinkies:

Rusher
8/5/2006, 12:07 PM
What's surprising is that Honda Civic is not even listed there. Especially the EX Coupe ones.

yermom
8/5/2006, 12:07 PM
straight chicks drive Beetles, kinda like Eclipses

most the gay guys i've known seem to like Hondas

yermom
8/5/2006, 12:08 PM
heh, simul-post...

i used to have an EX Coupe

but it was only for like 3 months while i was in college :O

OUDoc
8/5/2006, 01:52 PM

He was young and needed the money.

Rusher
8/5/2006, 03:54 PM
heh, simul-post...

Suuuuuure........ :rolleyes:

SoonerInKCMO
8/5/2006, 05:00 PM
Any list of gay cars that doesn't include the Chrysler Crossfire is bogus.

SicEmBaylor
8/5/2006, 05:38 PM
I, for the life of me, can't see what's so gay about it. Okay okay, sure the flower vase is kinda ghey but I use that for pens.

I'll say this..the Beetle wasn't my first choice of car and probably wouldn't have been in my top 5 at the time. But, it was my 16th birthday and my parents truly surprised me with it (I really had no clue they were going to get me a car). It was brand new and one of the first of the "new beetles" to come off the line. I respect and appreciate the things my parents do for me, so I will never utter a bad word about that car. It runs great, it's fun to drive, and I had a new car at 16. I'm not going to complain.

SicEmBaylor
8/5/2006, 05:39 PM
Any list of gay cars that doesn't include the Chrysler Crossfire is bogus.

Now you're just trying to bait me. ;)

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 05:42 PM
I, for the life of me, can't see what's so gay about it. Okay okay, sure the flower vase is kinda ghey but I use that for pens.

I'll say this..the Beetle wasn't my first choice of car and probably wouldn't have been in my top 5 at the time. But, it was my 16th birthday and my parents truly surprised me with it (I really had no clue they were going to get me a car). It was brand new and one of the first of the "new beetles" to come off the line. I respect and appreciate the things my parents do for me, so I will never utter a bad word about that car. It runs great, it's fun to drive, and I had a new car at 16. I'm not going to complain.

Look on the brightside, no need to junk it up with a rainbow flag sticker, because everyone knows already.;)

royalfan5
8/5/2006, 05:43 PM

:confused: It's a car for chicks. It has a vase, and comes with pastel paint schemes. If your not a chick driving a chick car, most people are going to make assumptions about your sexuality. VW doesn't even bother to market the beetle towards men.

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 05:44 PM
http://www.plasticnipple.com/images/rice/gay_camaro.jpg

Newbomb Turk
8/5/2006, 05:45 PM
i wonder if Boarder sells those pink Camaro rims?

SicEmBaylor
8/5/2006, 05:57 PM
I've covered my bases with anyone who may think I'm ghey. The back is festoond with bumperstickers for all of the GOP candidates I've ever worked for and some additional far-right wing organizations.

royalfan5
8/5/2006, 06:02 PM
I've covered my bases with anyone who may think I'm ghey. The back is festoond with bumperstickers for all of the GOP candidates I've ever worked for and some additional far-right wing organizations.
I had a roomate in college who was very gay and very Republican. Don't try and tell me they don't exist. I'm pretty sure you can bat for the same team and cling to notions of state's rights.

BoogercountySooner
8/5/2006, 06:17 PM
I had a roomate in college who was very gay and very Republican. Don't try and tell me they don't exist. I'm pretty sure you can bat for the same team and cling to notions of state's rights.

Whistling----------

SicEmBaylor
8/5/2006, 06:18 PM

I'm not very Republican; I'm very conservative. I'm also not ghey. ;)

WTF, do I look gay to you??

royalfan5
8/5/2006, 06:20 PM

Gay people come in all different looks. Why can't you be conservative and ghey?

BoogercountySooner
8/5/2006, 06:23 PM

I can say I didn't dream about Rhett Bomar last night!:D

BoogercountySooner
8/5/2006, 06:24 PM

Whistling------

8/5/2006, 06:24 PM
How about some gold bracelets or something?

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 06:29 PM
...and some additional far-right wing organizations.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5849/thatsracistdk6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Okla-homey
8/5/2006, 08:47 PM

J. Edgar Hoover was as conservative as they come. The man positively perspired conservatism. He was also queer as a football bat. Just saying.

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 08:49 PM
J. Edgar Hoover was as conservative as they come. The man positively perspired conservatism. He was also queer as a football bat. Just saying.
I thought he just liked to dress pretty...

Jimminy Crimson
8/6/2006, 04:11 AM
How come the Civic del Sol didn't make either list? Along with the Rav-4?

mdklatt
8/6/2006, 12:41 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c9/Ac.logcabin.jpg

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 12:45 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c9/Ac.logcabin.jpg

For the record, Abe Lincoln may have been a lot of things, but he was NOT a homerseckshual.

8/6/2006, 02:14 PM
He wasn't the "Lincoln Log" for nothing.

8/6/2006, 02:32 PM
Inventor of the "pron beard"

mdklatt
8/6/2006, 07:49 PM
For the record, Abe Lincoln may have been a lot of things, but he was NOT a homerseckshual.

How can you possibly know this?

StoopTroup
8/6/2006, 07:50 PM

Cause no homo would get caught dead on a penny.

opksooner
8/6/2006, 07:56 PM
Dayum...........If I hadn't stopped by here today and hit that link, I'd never have learned that my wife, who drives an '06 Jetta, is ghey.

Son-of-a-gun!!!!

Rogue
8/6/2006, 07:58 PM
I knew they'd have the Jetta #1. They hate 'em!

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 09:30 PM

Because I've examined the evidence the LCR's claim to be "definitive proof" the man was ghey. In a nutshell, he and his law partner occasionally shared a bed while traveling and he wrote fondly of his friendship with the man.

Despite what you may believe, 19th century folks did that sort of thing quite often and there was no funny bidness. It was simply life on the frontier. Lodgings were scarce and often same sex travelers even shared beds with total strangers while spending a night along the road in country inns.

Heck, whole squads of Civil War soldiers often "spooned" to keep warm on cold nights in the field on campaign. It didn't make them ghey (but everyone had to roll over at the same time.)

Besides, Lincoln was nuts about his wife Mary Todd (who went nuts after he was assasinated) and she bore him three sons.

yermom
8/6/2006, 10:04 PM
none of that is proof of anything though

like JK says, if you've been to the moon, you're an astronaut ;)

i'm not saying i think he was gay, but i don't think anyone can definitively say either way about anyone

Okla-homey
8/6/2006, 10:11 PM
none of that is proof of anything though

like JK says, if you've been to the moon, you're an astronaut ;)

i'm not saying i think he was gay, but i don't think anyone can definitively say either way about anyone

But don't you agree that's pretty thin stuff with which to paint the man as a flaming queen?

As far as not being able to say it definitively about anyone, I'm pretty sure Mrs homey is not ghay. Yes, in fact I feel I can say that definitively.;)

Plus, we have no period photographs of Lincoln in a$$less chaps. Everyone knows you can't be ghey unless you have a$$less chaps.

SicEmBaylor
8/6/2006, 10:22 PM
Lincoln was a lot of things, but gay was not one of them except by SO standards.

yermom
8/6/2006, 10:24 PM
i don't think mdk was alledging that he was gay, just that you can't really know

i don't know Mrs. Homey, but you're sure there wasn't anything that happened in college?

most women are just 2 drinks away from being a lesbian anyway ;)

mdklatt
8/6/2006, 10:47 PM
i don't think mdk was alledging that he was gay, just that you can't really know

Right. I don't give a rat's *** if he was or wasn't gay.

i don't know Mrs. Homey, but you're sure there wasn't anything that happened in college?

:les: COLLEGE DOESN'T COUNT!

Blue
8/6/2006, 11:19 PM
Hey, hey hey!

You're off the subject.

We're trying to get Sic'Em to come out of the closet.

:D