PDA

View Full Version : What do OU and Texas have in common?

SOONER44EVER
8/5/2006, 06:21 AM
Both our stadiums are named after Sooners. :D

Flagstaffsooner
8/5/2006, 06:37 AM
When did Gaylord family play for OU?:(

SOONER44EVER
8/5/2006, 06:38 AM
When did Gaylord family play for OU?:(
Its still Owen Field to me.

SouthernSooner
8/5/2006, 11:11 AM
Is it not still Owen Field at Gaylord Memorial Stadium?

wheatonsooner
8/5/2006, 11:17 AM
The point is texas could only win a national title with a Sooner as a head coach

Snrfn4ever08
8/5/2006, 12:32 PM
The point is texas could only win a national title with a Sooner as a head coach
i'm glad someone tried to clear this up. c'mon guys, you're all so critical of your fellow sooners

Dan Thompson
8/5/2006, 06:17 PM
The Red River, Lake Texhoma, RRS,

Sonner magic923
8/5/2006, 06:29 PM
The Red River, Lake Texhoma, RRS,

Its Texoma

Dan Thompson
8/5/2006, 06:35 PM
I got Red River correct!

HarrisTubbsFan
8/5/2006, 07:35 PM
Technically Bennie Owen is a Jayhawk, but he'll always be remembered as a Sooner coach.

Soonerman08
8/5/2006, 10:16 PM

Yeah and all Whorn fans want to do is talk about how OU can't win a National Title without Texas players. :rolleyes: Seems to me we need to stop recruiting quarterbacks from the state of Texas....they don't seem to work out too well for us.

goingoneight
8/5/2006, 10:49 PM
Seems to me we only need to spot OUt the standout Texas players and not recruit a whole damn roster of them. To those who are wondering, this is not meant to be prejudice. I realize that there are several people in Tejas that would rather wear OU than burnt-orange, but when you recruit a whole roster of guys who are sought after byt UT and who will only base their decision on the RRS outcome, you're asking for trouble.

I mean, come on... do you honestly think a guy like JD Runnels, Jason White, Kejaun Jones, Larry Birdine would ever screw a chance like that up? Having grown up dreaming of being a Sooner?

I would (though I realize I'm not in charge) recruit Texas to the exact same extent I recruit Oklahoma, Nebraska, California or China for that matter. Big bodies, athletic talent, hard workers are all the same to me wherever they come from. How come every season the recruiting buzz is all about the Texas top 100, the Texas-this, the Texas-that. Once again, I fully realize some of OUr greatest guys are Texas-born and I still respect them. Seems to me that if you recruit someone based on their potential and work ethic rather than their High School Football tradition, you'll be better off.

I still love AD, MK, ENA and all of those guys for having committed to OU 100% mentally and physically. This is not meant to bash Lone-Star Sooners, wherever you may be. I lived in San Antonio before, so I'm NOT bashing Texas people. Anyone else ever wonder this? Why other schools have stuck primarily to their own state with a few outsiders and had more success in a 35-year span than any of the Texas-schools?