PDA

View Full Version : QB running game.

SOONER44EVER
8/5/2006, 01:44 AM
Will we have one? All I heard last year was how great it was going to be having a mobile QB with either PT or RB. Will having a new OC finally lead to letting the QB run the ball some? I think it would be a good idea since PT's strength is running the ball.

umberto
8/5/2006, 09:23 AM
I agree. It does seem silly to make PT stand in the pocket when he is one of the best athletes on the team.

tulsaoilerfan
8/5/2006, 11:46 AM
Bomar ran a lot last year, unfortunately a lot of the times it was because he had all of the Defensive Line in the backfield chasing him; if AD gets hurt again(God forbid) or we can't pass, look for PT to be on the run a lot also

BASSooner
8/5/2006, 01:19 PM
we'll run. like KW said, we'll do anything to make the offense execute.

sooner KB
8/5/2006, 01:23 PM
I think it would be a good idea since PT's strength is running the ball.

If I'm not mistaken, running the ball was not exactly one of Thompson's strengths the last time he suited up to start at QB.

Time will tell though...

KC//CRIMSON
8/5/2006, 01:26 PM
http://static.newsok.biz/sites/newsok/images/sports/au4spt.jpg

Octavian
8/5/2006, 01:49 PM
The QB running game will be a plus for us...Paul should do fine there.

The question is whether or not Paul will be effective enough throwing the ball to keep defenses from stacking 8 in the box on Adrian.

...at least our receiving corps is very talented w/ a year under the belt. MK, Iglesias, and Johnson will need to make plays consistently.

StoopTroup
8/5/2006, 01:56 PM
http://static.newsok.biz/sites/newsok/images/sports/au4spt.jpg
HIS ARMS ! ! !

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:pop:

Scott D
8/5/2006, 08:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken, running the ball was not exactly one of Thompson's strengths the last time he suited up to start at QB.

Time will tell though...

couldn't be because espnews implanted the image of the fumble on the zone read he had against tcu over and over during the latter part of this past week. kinda easy to forget that it was a helmet on the ball that caused that fumble also.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/5/2006, 08:28 PM
As long as 28 gets a ton of carries I don't care if we have any QB run game.

goingoneight
8/6/2006, 01:14 AM
Superman wears AD pajamas!

jackietreehorn
8/6/2006, 01:22 AM

i'd say Long was partially to blame for that. it seemed like he was stuck in heupel and white offensive mode and wouln't change it to fit a different style qb than those other Gods, i mean guys. wilson will do a much better job adapting to individual strengths of PT i believe-jmho.