PDA

View Full Version : Fact Finding Mission - BRSI

kruss1971
8/4/2006, 02:13 PM
Trammel and Humpman are railing that the most casual observer would have suspected foul play with BRSI and Sooner athletes.

My question:

What history (with the previous ownership and management) exists to support the idea that the athletic department, compliance department, coaches, or players should have been suspicious of non-compliance?

Dio
8/4/2006, 02:18 PM
Well, they are a car dealership.

mdklatt
8/4/2006, 02:20 PM
Never trust a guy in a mullet.

soonervegas
8/4/2006, 02:46 PM
It is funny that they say that......because I have never heard a on air personality from the sports animal bring up any concerns on their weekly remotes. Many of these guys were friendly with Brad M........so I would rather hear the theories from someone other than the Sports Animal (who was in bed with Big Red Sports and Imports).

kruss1971
8/4/2006, 03:16 PM
It is funny that they say that......because I have never heard a on air personality from the sports animal bring up any concerns on their weekly remotes. Many of these guys were friendly with Brad M........so I would rather hear the theories from someone other than the Sports Animal (who was in bed with Big Red Sports and Imports).

That is a GREAT point...they are always out there. If they had those concerns, or were suspicious, surely they would have broke the story by now. That's so obvious that I forget how often they are out there...

Triumph
8/4/2006, 03:21 PM
That is a GREAT point...they are always out there. If they had those concerns, or were suspicious, surely they would have broke the story by now. That's so obvious that I forget how often they are out there...

I think we are all a bit naive to think that people didn't know this was going on. Be honest, in the back of our minds, we have suspected stuff like this with players over the years.

I mean, how does Bomar, A.D., Quinn, Taj Gray afford court side tickets for the Hornets.

Hell, I could go to the Chi-O house right now, and some coed could tell me what Rhett had for lunch today, I find it hard to believe that people didn't know, and even harder to believe that Mcmullet from BRSI didn't brag to people about the situation.

kruss1971
8/4/2006, 03:32 PM
I think we are all a bit naive to think that people didn't know this was going on. Be honest, in the back of our minds, we have suspected stuff like this with players over the years.

I mean, how does Bomar, A.D., Quinn, Taj Gray afford court side tickets for the Hornets.

Hell, I could go to the Chi-O house right now, and some coed could tell me what Rhett had for lunch today, I find it hard to believe that people didn't know, and even harder to believe that Mcmullet from BRSI didn't brag to people about the situation.

What does sitting in a courtside seat at a Hornets game have to do with this thread? Or, illegal activity in general? Are you saying that there is no way that they could sit courtside without shady activity being involved?

It is naive to believe that nothing like this ever happens. It is a stretch to believe that it is always happening with every player.

If you were The Idiot and knew that your actions, if discovered, would destroy your NCAA eligibility, would you brag about it? If you were McMullet and knew that your actions, if discovered, would destroy your business credibility, would you brag about it? My belief is that McMullet, and anyone else peddling goods to college kids, are in it for their own self-esteem...not to brag about it.

Anyway, back to the thread...fact finding...seeking any credible evidence that would lead to suspicion on anyone's part.

Triumph
8/4/2006, 03:38 PM
Last time I checked, Hornets court sided tickets were rather expensive and hard to get.

kruss1971
8/4/2006, 03:45 PM
Last time I checked, Hornets court sided tickets were rather expensive and hard to get.

Last time I checked, you made a loaded statement trying to imply that the only way they could sit courtside is if it was via a shady booster.