PDA

View Full Version : After the dust settles

stunandun
8/4/2006, 01:34 PM
Will Bomar be back? Could he be granted a second chance? Discuss.

All_Day_28
8/4/2006, 01:36 PM
stoops said "absolutely not", "they will never play for OU again." "I will help them find another school." not 100% accurate but very close to exactly what he said.

Miko
8/4/2006, 01:41 PM
There will be no Dusty-esque redemption here.

What can he do? Attend meeting of the local chapter of Idiots Anon.?

"My name is Rhett, and I'm an idiot..."

footballfanatic
8/4/2006, 01:44 PM

How about Rhett and Romance together at Tyler Junior College? Could be a great one two punch.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/4/2006, 01:48 PM

I think you will see Rhett working for a boat importer dealing in rudders from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, etc.

Miko
8/4/2006, 01:55 PM
Good point.

Will rhett get a second chance? Doubtful. I don't think the Hudibergs can risk the public outrage by hiring him back. :D

HarrisTubbsFan
8/4/2006, 01:56 PM
When Dusty was suspended I don't remember any direct quotes like being permenantly suspended and things like that. Maybe I'm wrong. Also Dusty had personel issues. This is an NCAA issue.

Here's a good question could Rhett come back and play another sport at OU?

Miko
8/4/2006, 01:59 PM
I highly doubt it.

I honestly believe he stands a much better chance of getting his job back at Big Red.

Mazeppa
8/4/2006, 02:04 PM
He's gone. Get over it.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/4/2006, 02:07 PM
Okay just ran across this

Bomar to A&M Commerce? (http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=131499.topic)

Miko
8/4/2006, 02:12 PM
Heh. "released" from his scholarship at OU.

I would think rhett would be "released" from his 'ship, in much the same manner that a jet fighter airplane will "release" the pilot when the emergency release lever is pulled. :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/4/2006, 02:20 PM
Heh. "released" from his scholarship at OU.

I would think rhett would be "released" from his 'ship, in much the same manner that a jet fighter airplane will "release" the pilot when the emergency release lever is pulled. :D

:D Sort of like a Henry VIII divorce settlement.

BoomerJack
8/4/2006, 03:37 PM
There will be no Dusty-esque redemption here.

What can he do? Attend meeting of the local chapter of Idiots Anon.?

"My name is Rhett, and I'm an idiot..."

and the group responds, "Hi Larry!!"

Miko
8/4/2006, 04:08 PM
and the group responds, "Hi Larry!!"

Spec!!!:D :D :D

josh09
8/4/2006, 04:29 PM
wow what kind of question is that

theres no way hes coming back, and we dont need him. if hes going to do things like this, then let him do it. we just need to adjust without him. remember guys, bob stoops is our coach here, he'll probably end up doing a good job no matter what.