PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that OU's actions make the NCAA's decisions about USC

Big Red Ron
8/4/2006, 12:24 PM
even more difficult to sweep under the rug. I mean we kicked RB off the team for a fraction of what Jarrett and Bush recieved.

Some reports now show Bomar recieved only $2,500 in excess of his actual hours.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 12:34 PM
One would hope so, but I wouldn't count on it

IronSooner
8/4/2006, 12:37 PM
USC will be fine and we'll take flak for probably the first half of the season till ENA shuts everyone up on the field.

soonerhubs
8/4/2006, 12:39 PM
even more difficult to sweep under the rug. I mean we kicked RB off the team for a fraction of what Jarrett and Bush recieved.

Some reports now show Bomar recieved only $2,500 in excess of his actual hours.
I had thought the same thing, I wonder what the real amount was taken by RB.

Big Red Ron
8/4/2006, 12:40 PM
I had thought the same thing, I wonder what the real amount was taken by RB.By any measure, it was chump change when compared to the Bush family relocation.

soonerhubs
8/4/2006, 12:40 PM
Oh and another defensive back of theirs tested positive for 'Roids... Outside of USC's immunity, what are the consequences in an accountable program?

Luthor
8/4/2006, 01:24 PM
The two do not equate and for 1 very good reason. OKC is not a media major market and LA is. The NCAA will hold it's ground until there is sufficient financial pressure to get them to turn the other way. Serious TV network dollars will always win out over truth, justice, and the American way.

Oh yes, this rule also applied to Notre Dame because they have the other embedded ESPN reporter.