PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 Don Key Award race is over!

The Maestro
8/4/2006, 12:11 PM
Uh...if Paul Thompson doesn't win they should stop giving out the award.

Regardless of what PT does on the field this year the way he has always sacrificed self for the betterment of the team.

Wasting freshman redshirt for team.

Working hard even when Jason came back for the extra year and always ready to come in when asked to.

Dealing with being dumped as QB last year and moving to receiver.

Working hard to become a great receiver.

Now BACK to QB and being asked to pick up a team and a fanbase from shock of the last few days.

Paul Thompson will go down as what being a Sooner is all about. I hope that even if he struggles and doesn't get us where we want to be this year I will remain a full supporter of him. He's the Anti-Bomar. It's all about the team, the university, the program and NOTHING about what's in his own best interest.

Here's hoping for a great year from him and a chance to make it somehow, someway in the NFL at whatever position is most suitable for him.

Widescreen
8/4/2006, 12:13 PM
Hear, hear. PT's been through a lot and I hope he has amazing success this year as a reward.

leavingthezoo
8/4/2006, 12:17 PM
amen! i hope his humility is rewarded 10 fold

kruss1971
8/4/2006, 12:22 PM
Agreed!

85Sooner
8/4/2006, 12:36 PM
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said

HarrisTubbsFan
8/4/2006, 12:56 PM
Maybe he can win a National Title trophy too.

Snrfn4ever08
8/4/2006, 01:18 PM
wouldn't it be awesome if somehow he came in and ended up in the heisman race. it may be a little far-fetched, but i don't remember anybody before the '03 season betting on white to win the heisman:D

Miko
8/4/2006, 01:33 PM
Amen!

To paraphrase what someone here said (about Quentin) once, after what he has done for OU, he can, later in life, become mean to small children, puppies and old ladies and still earn a special place in heaven.

Sooner24
11/9/2006, 12:15 AM
I think maybe co-Don Key winners with PT and Carl Pendleton spliting it.

badger
11/9/2006, 12:19 AM
screw the Key award---- GIVE HIM THE HEISMAN!!!

(ooo, wouldn't Ohio State and Notre Dame give us the bird if that were to happen...)

westcoast_sooner
11/9/2006, 01:08 AM
I am beginning to think that the whole "everything works out for the best" cliche works really well here. Paul Thompson gets moved to WR while Bomar starts. He learns the offense in a way that a QB usually doesn't.

He gets called back into service at QB when we rid ourselves of a "not much of a" team player. He performs, and doesn't fold, and just keeps playing.

It becomes infectious. His O-Line starts playing like a more cohesive unit than their experience indicates that they should. The D gets off to a slow start, and sees how the offense has picked up their game. They become inspired, and start playing up to their abilities.

The Oregon debacle happens and we improve on defense. Our franchise RB goes out, and other guys step up, and play better still.

To me, Paul Thompson should be the winner, hands down. He's the guy that stepped up and led by example. The nucleus of this team is back next year. The only question mark we have for next year is at QB.

IMO, this may not happen with Bomar still here.

MissouriSooner
11/9/2006, 01:10 AM
To me, Paul Thompson should be the winner, hands down. He's the guy that stepped up and led by example.
PT's got my vote.

tru2ou
11/9/2006, 09:03 AM
I think maybe co-Don Key winners with PT and Carl Pendleton spliting it.

I didnt think Pendleton was a senior eligibility wise? I heard he was giving up his final year next year.

I thought the Key award was for seniors only. Maybe they can award it to people who are seniors in the classroom too. I just wasnt aware.

- TRU

OU James
11/9/2006, 03:44 PM
I'm just really glad my name's not Don Key...but PT should get it