PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember in 85....

jthomasou78
8/4/2006, 06:55 AM
When Troy Aikman wa injured was the thought that we were in a lot of trouble? Or was Jamelle highly touted and people were excited about him?

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 07:37 AM
I was 3

CtheB
8/4/2006, 07:52 AM
When Troy Aikman wa injured was the thought that we were in a lot of trouble? Or was Jamelle highly touted and people were excited about him?

Jamelle was VERY highly touted, and also remember, even though Aikman was the QB, we still ran the wishbone, and had the talent on campus to run the wishbone.

Remember the story, when Switzer got Eric Mitchel to commit, he told him he was the best option QB he'd ever seen, "then he saw Holieway". Holieway wasn't expected to do much that year with Aikman at the helm, but there was excitement about his signing.

All is not lost for 2006.

OUDoc
8/4/2006, 07:53 AM
I was at the game. I remember thinking we were screwed. It worked out a little better than I thought. :)

jkjsooner
8/4/2006, 08:55 AM
I was at the game. I remember thinking we were screwed. It worked out a little better than I thought. :)

I was at that game also. I remember telling my dad after the loss, "I guess the season is over!" My dad responded, "It's still early and this is the perfect time to lose." I thought he was crazy.

By the way, was that game broadcast on TV? I've seen copies of the other two Miami games but I've never seen a copy of that one. I know Miami was unranked at the time but they finished very highly ranked - even might have challenged us for the title had they not blown it against Tennessee in the bowl game.

King Crimson
8/4/2006, 09:24 AM
i was at the game, too. we got our *** handed to us on a plate. the late Jerome Brown was a force of nature and we had no clue how to cover Miami's WRs.

jkjs, the only reason we win the MNC is because Miami lost to Tennessee. Miami was #1 going into New Year's Day.

Wishboned
8/4/2006, 09:59 AM
I was at that game also. I remember telling my dad after the loss, "I guess the season is over!" My dad responded, "It's still early and this is the perfect time to lose." I thought he was crazy.

By the way, was that game broadcast on TV? I've seen copies of the other two Miami games but I've never seen a copy of that one. I know Miami was unranked at the time but they finished very highly ranked - even might have challenged us for the title had they not blown it against Tennessee in the bowl game.

The game was broadcast on TV. I remember watching it in Henryetta, where my in-laws lived, then going into town and hearing everyone talking about Aikman's condition.

JohnnyMack
8/4/2006, 09:59 AM
I liked Jamelle's fur coat.

sooneron
8/4/2006, 10:05 AM
I was at the game and I realized that college football was changing that day to a more pro-oriented offense.

Eric Mitchel was an asshat, btw. In a roundabout manner, he threatened one of my MOm's instructors that gave him a D.