PDA

View Full Version : Roy at a team meeting?

Triumph
8/4/2006, 03:29 AM
Some talk over at ouinsider about Roy Williams coming to a players meeting. I guess he was getting on to them, one poster said A.D. wasn't happy about it.

Anyone else hear this???

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 06:08 AM
Insignifigant...

fadada1
8/4/2006, 06:26 AM
Insignifigant...
agree and disagree.

agree because there are some other serious issues right now.

disagree because roy was quite possibly the best player ever to wear the OU uniform (leroy might havehim beat). no one will ever question roy's competitiveness and ability on the field. no one on the current team (even AD) should ever question an all-american. and no one on the current team shoud EVER question someone from a national championship team.

Sooner_75
8/4/2006, 07:14 AM
I find it hard to believe he was at a team meeting. The Cowboys are in training camp in Oxnard, CA.

Soonermagik
8/4/2006, 08:20 AM
agree to disagree

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2006, 08:35 AM
Some talk over at ouinsider about Roy Williams coming to a players meeting. I guess he was getting on to them, one poster said A.D. wasn't happy about it.

Anyone else hear this???

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncb/2001/0318/photo/a_williams_sp.jpg

Did he bring his little monkey with him?

mrowl
8/4/2006, 08:39 AM
I find it hard to believe he was at a team meeting. The Cowboys are in training camp in Oxnard, CA.

this was sometime last week.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 08:40 AM
TRRW is a very calm person and I don't see him blowing up in front of the players. This is a rumor and nothing more

tbl
8/4/2006, 08:42 AM
I agree about it being a rumor. Do you guys honestly think the Gargantuan Tuna is going to allow his star safety to skip out on training camp to go iron something out with his alma mater?

mrowl
8/4/2006, 08:43 AM
I agree about it being a rumor. Do you guys honestly think the Gargantuan Tuna is going to allow his star safety to skip out on training camp to go iron something out with his alma mater?

I will try this again. This was before camp started.

tbl
8/4/2006, 08:46 AM
So it was before the Bomar fiasco as well?

Ultimately, who really cares?

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2006, 08:47 AM
so Roy Williams was lecturing the team about what? about the scandal? i dont believe that for a minute

mrowl
8/4/2006, 08:48 AM
So it was before the Bomar fiasco as well?

Ultimately, who really cares?

the rumor is it was last week, and the rumor is he was talking about how they were not a team last year, and now they had to be one.

And seeing that Roy won't comment as of yesterday on anything about OU, maybe there is some truth to it.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 08:51 AM
Even if this is true what exactly is it supposed to tell us ?

AD got mad because TRRW came and talked.........okay, now what ?

tbl
8/4/2006, 08:52 AM
Exactly... This should be topping all the Bomar news. ;)

Dio
8/4/2006, 10:12 AM
...and then Roy said "UH-HUH" and then AD said "NUH-UH!" and then....

sooneron
8/4/2006, 10:20 AM
So it was an unofficial team meeting??

the OOF
8/4/2006, 02:25 PM
and, why was parcells there?

and, who's this AD you're speakin' of?

:pop:

1stTimeCaller
8/4/2006, 02:27 PM
agree and disagree.

agree because there are some other serious issues right now.

disagree because roy was quite possibly the best player ever to wear the OU uniform (leroy might havehim beat). no one will ever question roy's competitiveness and ability on the field. no one on the current team (even AD) should ever question an all-american. and no one on the current team shoud EVER question someone from a national championship team.

I gotta disagree with you on this point for one reason alone. Patrick Fletcher.

uncle mo
8/4/2006, 02:36 PM
This happened about 21/2 maybe 3 weeks ago. Roy was in town and Schmitty called a team meeting. Roy went off. He started calling all of the playes biatches and saying how he wouldn't wear OU stuff in the locker room because he was disgusted by last season and the lack of work ethic on the team. Birdine wanted to go after him during the meeting, but was calmed down. Roy called AD out for not being enough of a leader, nothing else. There was a post saying that AD went off, but that's not the case. Roy said that EVERYONE had to put in the work for the team to be as successful as they should be. Not that big of a deal, but it did happen.

That was told to me by two different players. I have talked to two members of the 2000 NCTeam and they were glad that Roy did what he did. OK, flame away.

tbl
8/4/2006, 02:38 PM
Well Stoops has said just as much about last years team to the media...

Big Red Ron
8/4/2006, 02:43 PM
i'm glad too

roy would have hammerd birdine

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 02:45 PM
i'm glad too

roy would have hammerd birdine

Roy would have horse collared him

sooneron
8/4/2006, 02:48 PM
Ok, so now people are saying that Schmidt called an illegal meeting during the summer? Everything during the summer is compulsory.

uncle mo
8/4/2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, so now people are saying that Schmidt called an illegal meeting during the summer? Everything during the summer is compulsory.

Ummmm...no. The strength and conditioning coaches are allowed contact with the players during the summer. They have meetings with the players to lay out the conditioning schedules all the time.

Big Red Ron
8/4/2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, so now people are saying that Schmidt called an illegal meeting during the summer? Everything during the summer is compulsory.Schmitty is the only coach that can be with the players over the summer. He can call a meeting right in the middle of "Voluntary" practice if he damn well pleases.

GottaHavePride
8/4/2006, 03:20 PM

That word... I do not think it means what you think it means...

Compulsory = mandatory. Voluntary <> compulsory.

sooneron
8/4/2006, 03:36 PM
That word... I do not think it means what you think it means...

Compulsory = mandatory. Voluntary <> compulsory.
nerd alert

You know what I meant

PDXsooner
8/4/2006, 03:47 PM
big deal. anyone whose panties get ruffled over this is a faggot. and if you're already gay, then you're a flaming hetero.

MarsBOW
8/4/2006, 03:49 PM
I talked to a player right after this meeting happened. Pretty much what Uncle Mo said a few posts back.

The person I was talking to said that a few got mad and the he was kind of unsure what to make of it. I think the whole thing bothered him, but he didn't say that - just my take on him at the time.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/4/2006, 03:51 PM
I think this was an attempt to get the boys fired up on purpose

Harry Beanbag
8/4/2006, 06:17 PM
If this is indeed what happened then the reaction from the players just proves that Roy was right. They are immature and don't know what it takes to be a champion.

GottaHavePride
8/4/2006, 07:19 PM
nerd alert

You know what I meant

;)

Sorry, I can't resist the urge to drop a Princess Bride line.

Sooner-N-KS
8/4/2006, 07:24 PM
;)

Sorry, I can't resist the urge to drop a Princess Bride line.

INCONCEIVABLE!

StoopTroup
8/4/2006, 08:11 PM
WTG ROY!

I think he should make his next appearance in the OU lockeroom at halftime during the RRSO.

Collier11
8/4/2006, 09:56 PM
I cant believe it took some of you two pages to figure out what the point of the meeting was, I need to stop giving you all so much credit ;)

TXBOOMER
8/4/2006, 10:04 PM
If it happened as stated above Birdine better be glad someone grabbed him. TRRW has more skins on the wall than this entire team, including AD. Hope they listened.