PDA

View Full Version : Doubters, I challenge you...

goingoneight
8/3/2006, 11:38 PM
Look up the TCU game on www.soonerscooter.com and tell me which QB handles the circumstances better. Granted most of the sloppy play is cut out, but ENA clearly deserved another start and got ripped off.

I can't find his 2003 highlights, but they were good as well. Honestly, we've seen both Bomar and more importantly ENA with a weak OL so we can know the worst to expect.

badger
8/3/2006, 11:40 PM
"The Idiot" ran more often, which was probably against what Chuck Long called. So... let us just blame Chuck third and Long and hope for the best with ENA.

SoonerAcesUp
8/3/2006, 11:46 PM
Look up the TCU game on www.soonerscooter.com and tell me which QB handles the circumstances better. Granted most of the sloppy play is cut out, but ENA clearly deserved another start and got ripped off.

I can't find his 2003 highlights, but they were good as well. Honestly, we've seen both Bomar and more importantly ENA with a weak OL so we can know the worst to expect.

I don't think it mattered who we had in during the TCU game. I don't think Jason White would've performed any better with that OL that day. They were in the backfield as soon as either guy touched the ball even if in the shotgun. The QBs didn't lose that game. We couldn't pass or run because we couldn't block worth a damn.

soonerguild
8/3/2006, 11:46 PM
Everything happens for a reason. I'm telling you I think Paul has what it takes to take us where we want to go. He is a senior, has been on an emotional rollercoaster since he has been here so he should be solid, and rumor has it Kevin liked him more than whats his face anyway. Granted with recuiting a reputation this really screws us in the long run, but I don't think it will this year.

Besides letting Stoops pull the underdog card has worked out OK in the past so don't give up on us just yet. We still have 12 games to play, just like everybody else.

BOOMER SOONER

OUstud
8/3/2006, 11:50 PM
PT actually had some good throws in that game, I think his bad ones were out of fear of being replaced. Also, I like the announcer calling Travis Wilson Travis Williams.

goingoneight
8/3/2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah... and Guteeeeeeeriz.

soonerguild
8/3/2006, 11:57 PM
Paul is the man, lets face it.

goingoneight
8/4/2006, 12:01 AM
Let's face it, whatever we win in 2006 will be judged like every other great thing we do. Thanks Rhett, Thanks JD (Quinn).

leavingthezoo
8/4/2006, 12:19 AM
i thought this thread was going to be about a duel. i'm highly disappointed. not nearly enough blood. :mad:

goingoneight
8/4/2006, 12:23 AM
Bring it on!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/violent/4.gif

GreenSooner
8/4/2006, 12:53 AM
TCU was also a much better team than most folks thought at the start of last season. Yeah, OU screwed that game up. But even at the time I felt that ENA didn't get an entirely fair shake (FWIW, I didn't have a strong favorite at QB going into last season).

Guess we'll now really get to find out what he can do.