PDA

View Full Version : You guys think there is any truth to the rumors between Heupel and RB?

usmc-sooner
8/3/2006, 11:36 PM
If so it, the more I hear about him the less I can stomach him.

Blue
8/3/2006, 11:37 PM
Sounds like he pretty much rubbed everyone the wrong way.

I hate people like that. ;)

badger
8/3/2006, 11:38 PM
"The Idiot" is making everyone unhappy right now. Heupel is probably one of those unhappy Sooners.

usmc-sooner
8/3/2006, 11:41 PM
"The Idiot" is making everyone unhappy right now. Heupel is probably one of those unhappy Sooners.

I'm talking about the disrespectful comments that he made toward Heupel.

goingoneight
8/3/2006, 11:42 PM
"The idiot"-s only deal with Heupel I believe was mentioned weeks ago, that he refused to slide, run out-of-bounds and was still trying to be the hero instead of the leader. Typical Bomar if you ask me.

badger
8/3/2006, 11:46 PM
"The Idiot" sure is the hero now.

Octavian
8/3/2006, 11:49 PM
do I think it's implausible that Rhett wouldn't listen to the advice of an older and more experienced figure in his life?

jeez...what a waste.

goingoneight
8/3/2006, 11:53 PM
Look at it this way, OUr D will annihilate him in Stoolwater in a couple of years... Sweet revenge!

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 11:55 PM
"The Idiot" just needs to head down to Sam Houston State

badger
8/4/2006, 12:03 AM
who do you think Stoops is talking about here?
http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics16/400/OP/OPSDKRXSFJXICAT.20060803232743.jpg

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/4/2006, 12:08 AM
the more i hear about bomar, the more he reminds me of the one and only cale gundy.

picasso
8/4/2006, 12:18 AM
the more i hear about bomar, the more he reminds me of the one and only cale gundy.
but but Gundy tore it up in the Gator Bowl and and he was killing at Colorado before he tweaked his ankle before halftime.
that's a career right there baby.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/4/2006, 12:30 AM
geebus, i can still see it

"i'm cale gundy" [lifts chin slightly]

steve collins was so cool, cale well, not so much...

Tear Down This Wall
8/4/2006, 09:21 AM
jkm is my new hero. He and I may be the only people who remember what a horse's as*s Gundy was. F*cker sat behind me at a baseball game once and badmouthed Switzer the whole time. Jerk.

The guy had a handful of good games in four years, but normally got his butt handed to him when it counted (vs. Texas, Colorado, and Nebraska.). Freakin' Collins was 12-2 as a starter. You look at the stable of running backs we had back then, and then you recall Gundy throwing to a bunch of converted defensive back that were like 5'9". What a hollow head Gibbs was when it came to the offense.

Widescreen
8/4/2006, 09:25 AM
You're right. I can SO see Bomar ripping his helmet off after every touchdown. I think that rule was put in place specifically for guys like Bundy (or is it Gomar?).

King Crimson
8/4/2006, 09:30 AM
i played against Gundy in Jr High a couple times and he was a jerkoff.

SOONER44EVER
8/4/2006, 09:37 AM
jkm is my new hero. He and I may be the only people who remember what a horse's as*s Gundy was. F*cker sat behind me at a baseball game once and badmouthed Switzer the whole time. Jerk.

The guy had a handful of good games in four years, but normally got his butt handed to him when it counted (vs. Texas, Colorado, and Nebraska.). Freakin' Collins was 12-2 as a starter. You look at the stable of running backs we had back then, and then you recall Gundy throwing to a bunch of converted defensive back that were like 5'9". What a hollow head Gibbs was when it came to the offense.
My ex went to school with Cale and Mike. She said Mike was 10 times worse!

Dio
8/4/2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, not much of a Cale fan here, either.

jkjsooner
8/4/2006, 09:57 AM

I think you nailed it with that last sentence. It would be very hard for Cale to win a game against Texas when the coaches knew nothing but the FB handoff while trying to milk a 3-0 lead for three quarters.

I personally think Gundy (not matter how much of a jerk he may have been) would have been an outstanding QB under Leach/Mangino/Long.

How do you think Heupel or White would have done under Coker/Gibbs? They would have been experts and handing off to Kenyon Rasheed I suppose.

picasso
8/4/2006, 09:59 AM

sorry, I'm no Gundy fan and I'm sure Collins was a nice guy but there was no comparison in who was the better QB.
I still recall a certain Texas game that would have been won had we inserted the freshman Gundy earlier.

sooneron
8/4/2006, 10:00 AM
I didn't realize that Gibbs was in charge of the offense.

jkjsooner
8/4/2006, 10:20 AM
I didn't realize that Gibbs was in charge of the offense.

Rumor was that Gibbs held Coker back. Watching Coker at OSU and later at Miami, it's pretty clear that the Coker we had was not the same as those two.

picasso
8/4/2006, 10:28 AM
watch the '91 Gator Bowl. We never saw that offense in the regular season.

Seriously though, all OU fans were ready for Gundy to step in for Collins at a certain point.

Widescreen
8/4/2006, 12:20 PM
I certainly was. I remember watching the Gator Bowl and wondering where that had been all year. :mad:

soonerboy_odanorth
8/4/2006, 02:51 PM
When the NCAA investigation concludes, I will not be surprised even one little bit if it is revealed that Gundy knew what was going on w/ Bomar and Quinn at BRSI..

I don't like him, I never have, and I think he's trouble exactly because of his "Bomar"-like "I can do no wrong" attitude....

The VIIIth
8/4/2006, 04:23 PM
sorry, I'm no Gundy fan and I'm sure Collins was a nice guy but there was no comparison in who was the better QB.
I still recall a certain Texas game that would have been won had we inserted the freshman Gundy earlier.

You are correct Sir. Collins was by far the better QB.

toast
8/4/2006, 04:29 PM

I don't know about putting Gundy in ealier would have helped, but not running McKinley into the line 3 straight times at the end of the last drive probably would have.

The Consumate Showman
8/4/2006, 04:38 PM
Agree. Gundy was and is a HUGE azz.

I talked to a friend of mine today at Media Day that has a brother that is a walk-on ay OU right now and I asked him if his brother agreed that MOST of the team was more in favor of PT and had had enough of Bomar's sh!t.

He said that his borther told him that this was VERY true and that the team meeting the other night was highly energetic when PT addressed the team as the starting QB.

I think there will and are many players and others close to the program that might be, in the back of their minds, glad to see such a cocky and "self-entitled" player leave OU.

Ground_Attack
8/4/2006, 06:27 PM
"Bomar" isn't ***** yet?

GottaHavePride
8/4/2006, 07:22 PM
I don't know about putting Paul Thompson in would have helped, but not running Kejuan into the line 3 straight times at the end of the last drive probably would have.

Deja vu....