PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa channel 8 Sports director

BudSooner
8/3/2006, 10:27 PM
Jack Bunds sucks, it's like he's taking pride in the fact the crap went down yesterday......what the hell happened to Zig anyway?

mikeelikee
8/3/2006, 10:48 PM
I agree. I never watch that sucky channel, but I just happened to switch it over there last night, right after Channel 2's sports report ended. There was that nutsack Bunds, spouting his potential gloom and doom scenario. Made me mad. What a tool!

Widescreen
8/3/2006, 11:02 PM
He's still on the air??? He was always the definition of succ. :confused:

picasso
8/3/2006, 11:40 PM
Jack Bunds sucks, it's like he's taking pride in the fact the crap went down yesterday......what the hell happened to Zig anyway?
Zig was no better, he was a TU grad that never cared for OU.

Is true, Bunds is boring and kinda greasy looking.

SicEmBaylor
8/3/2006, 11:46 PM
Zig got fired.

I once sent Ruben Diaz a nasty e-mail becuase of a comment he made about Baylor and he wrote me back and called me, "classless." :D

Mjcpr
8/4/2006, 09:00 AM
Zig got fired.

I once sent Ruben Diaz a nasty e-mail becuase of a comment he made about Baylor and he wrote me back and called me, "classless." :D

DID YOU KNOW:

He and Tiger share the same dentist?

It's true.

BudSooner
8/4/2006, 09:18 AM
Zig was no better, he was a TU grad that never cared for OU.

Is true, Bunds is boring and kinda greasy looking.

Eh I don't know about that, Zig had personality.
Bunds is the kinda guy who would polish Boone Pickens dolphin just to get an interview with the equipment guy.

Mjcpr
8/4/2006, 09:31 AM
Zig was a tool. Bunds may be worse, yes, but Zig sucked.

picasso
8/4/2006, 09:43 AM
Eh I don't know about that, Zig had personality.
Bunds is the kinda guy who would polish Boone Pickens dolphin just to get an interview with the equipment guy.
Zig had the personality of a wet paper towel. He seemed as fake as Howzit's pectoral muscles.

JohnnyMack
8/4/2006, 09:49 AM
KTUL is in the crapper right now. They have Jack Bunds for a sports director who is totally inept and they moved Frank Mitchell who isn't even a meteorologist to the head of that dept. He sucks ***.

They need to go hire a real sports director, not some schmuck in bad clothes they drug out of retirement and they need a real meteorolgist, not some morning news guy who's trying to act like he knows what he's talking about.

Mjcpr
8/4/2006, 09:50 AM
I think they've been the #1 station in this market for years and years but I guess they've made some poor decisions lately and I would imagine the ratings numbers would start to reflect that as well.

picasso
8/4/2006, 09:54 AM
KTUL is in the crapper right now. They have Jack Bunds for a sports director who is totally inept and they moved Frank Mitchell who isn't even a meteorologist to the head of that dept. He sucks ***.

They need to go hire a real sports director, not some schmuck in bad clothes they drug out of retirement and they need a real meteorolgist, not some morning news guy who's trying to act like he knows what he's talking about.
he's a goofball alright but he did alright with his wife. I saw them at a Better Than Ezra concert once and I used to see out at the club back in the 90's, loose tie and **** faced.:D

IB4OU2
8/4/2006, 10:04 AM
I think they've been the #1 station in this market for years and years but I guess they've made some poor decisions lately and I would imagine the ratings numbers would start to reflect that as well.

Scre* them for getting rid of Don Woods and Gusty! :mad:

Petro-Sooner
8/4/2006, 10:06 AM
I thought Travis Meyer was the head weather man there.

JohnnyMack
8/4/2006, 10:09 AM
I thought Travis Meyer was the head weather man there.

Bolted for Channel 6.

Widescreen
8/4/2006, 12:43 PM
Why did Zig get fired?

...they need a real meteorolgist, not some morning news guy who's trying to act like he knows what he's talking about.
I nominate klatt. He's not a morning news guy but he acts like he knows what he's talking about. :P

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2006, 12:56 PM
Does the transvestite Diane Harigan still work for Channel 8?

Since Zig got fired, he got a job working for a local insurance company. He came by my wife's company trying to sell her insurance. She said he was wierd and looked like hell.

toast
8/4/2006, 12:58 PM
Does the transvestite Diane Harigan still work for Channel 8?

:eek:

The one with the lazy eye?

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2006, 12:59 PM
:eek:

The one with the lazy eye?

Yar, that be the one, matey.

toast
8/4/2006, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure she and Bill Mitchell are the same person.

toast
8/4/2006, 01:01 PM
double post

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2006, 01:22 PM
John Holcomb is an OSU guy, so I'm not sure he's much better. I remember when John Walls was the sports director at 6 but he bolted for some national job and is now an anchor at 2 right?

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2006, 01:41 PM
John was working for Steve Largent's lobbying firm in Washington DC last I heard.

Holcomb goes to FBC sometimes, and is a good guy, even if he is on the biased side when it comes to the whole OU vs Okie lite thing.

BudSooner
8/4/2006, 03:48 PM
Travis Meyer is a damn nice guy, what you see on tv is what you get in person.
kjrh...never even watch them, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
those idiots on the kotv morning show are worthless to boot.

picasso
8/4/2006, 06:45 PM
John Holcomb is an OSU guy, so I'm not sure he's much better. I remember when John Walls was the sports director at 6 but he bolted for some national job and is now an anchor at 2 right?
Holcombe does broadcasting for oSu but he's a solid guy. I think he played basketball at OBU many a year ago.
Walls came back and did anchor work at channel 8 but now is working for Steve Largent in D.C. with some media corporation.

picasso
8/4/2006, 06:46 PM
Holcomb goes to FBC sometimes, and is a good guy, even if he is on the biased side when it comes to the whole OU vs Okie lite thing.
I'm pretty sure he's a deacon there.