PDA

View Full Version : Die or nursing home?

8/3/2006, 10:00 PM
Toast here, but I can see how some people might like living in filth.

I mean, some people are just like that.

Anyone here have a positive experience with a nursing home?

ANYONE?????

olevetonahill
8/3/2006, 10:08 PM
Ive told my kids to keep My old carcass alive as long as possible .
But thats just a monetary thing ;)

JohnnyMack
8/3/2006, 10:09 PM
I plan on going out in a hail of gunfire before I evar let that happen.

OCUDad
8/3/2006, 10:16 PM
Experience with my mother and Mrs. Dad's father taught us that there are some very good independent-living facilities, some very good assisted-living facilities, and ZERO good nursing homes.

Our instructions to our children are to put a bullet in our foreheads before putting either of us in a nursing home. Only challenge is to keep them from acting prematurely. :)

8/3/2006, 10:21 PM
Experience with my mother and Mrs. Dad's father taught us that there are some very good independent-living facilities, some very good assisted-living facilities, and ZERO good nursing homes.

Our instructions to our children are to put a bullet in our foreheads before putting either of us in a nursing home. Only challenge is to keep them from acting prematurely. :)

Yep.

I have an agreement with my best friend. And to be honest, I don't care how messy it is... just end it.

jk the sooner fan
8/3/2006, 10:33 PM
my grandmother is in an assisted living center in yukon.....its one of the nicest i've ever seen.......but i know there are some real dumps out there that are shameful

critical_phil
8/3/2006, 11:11 PM
assisted living centers:nursing homes::apples:oranges

one's a long term care facility, and one isn't

jk the sooner fan
8/3/2006, 11:20 PM
yeah i'm aware how they're different......

King Crimson
8/3/2006, 11:56 PM
my grandmother just moved into a place that is apparently pretty nice. but, on the other hand, my g-paw after a couple strokes spent the last year in a place that was a joke. the aides would some in from their "smoke breaks" and not even wash their hands (it was a small town). he was an old western Oklahoma farmer and it was heartbreaking to see him so out of his element and basically helpless. he hated it. i'd rather have seen him just die at home in comfort or out on his old farm, personally.

God Bless you Lance Brown.

Norm In Norman
8/4/2006, 07:31 AM
My great aunt is 95. She's the grandmother I never had. From 6 years ago until about 2 weeks ago she was living in an assisted living center. It was OK but not great. Then she got sick and now she has to be in a nursing home. It sucks. She's confused and doesn't know where she is. I doubt she will last a month now.

What sucks is that when she moved into the assisted living center, it was needed but it really sort of screwed her up. The place didn't exactly exercise her mind or anything, so her "forgetfullness" really accelerated. Now she can't remember what she said 2 minutes ago. I visited her and she was waiting for her brother to pick her up. She hadn't even unpacked her box of stuff. She's been wanting to die for 5 years now (ever since her sister died) but her body has always been pretty healthy. I'm afraid she might linger a couple of years needlessly. And there is nothing we can do about it.

8/4/2006, 07:39 AM
Oh, you can do something about it alright.

I wish putting a winky face thing here wasn't so sick.

Petro-Sooner
8/4/2006, 10:09 AM
I once worked at a small pharmacy and delivered medication to nursing homes.

I prefer death.

Osce0la
8/4/2006, 10:13 AM
My question is, why do you want your kids to go to jail for the murder of their parents? Wouldn't it be easier for you to do it yourself, they get the insurance money and a life out of prison...Plus you don't have to worry about the whole kids acting on it prematurely and killing you off when you're like 65 or something.

picasso
8/4/2006, 10:25 AM
I want to die in a nursing home.

JohnnyMack
8/4/2006, 10:28 AM
I want to die in a nursing home in a hail of gunfire as my crew and I stage a daring late night escape attempt.

Fixed.

picasso
8/4/2006, 10:34 AM
I want to die in a nursing home standing in a puddle of my own urine in a hail of gunfire as my crew and I stage a daring late night escape attempt all the while smelling like 3 day old B.O..

double fixed.

OCUDad
8/4/2006, 01:33 PM
Wouldn't it be easier for you to do it yourself, they get the insurance money and a life out of prison...Plus you don't have to worry about the whole kids acting on it prematurely and killing you off when you're like 65 or something.No, it wouldn't be easier. And the danger of kids acting prematurely is always there with or without the plan. You don't have kids, do you? :D