PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear Stoops on the Sports Animal?

axiom
8/3/2006, 07:05 PM
Just now? Sounds pretty excited about Paul being the QB they will work and see what he is comfortable with and that pauls first play today was a deep strike completed followed by a 12 yard curl completed to Kelley. Besides everything else AL says apparently Coach Huepel wasn't being show the proper respect by our EX QB and that shouldnt be a problem with Paul.

Im worried about having another new QB next year but this is our guy, hes earned it, stoops is happy with it. He has my support 100%

Hope they let PT run the ball some, we have to keep people off balance. Lets fit the offense to PT instead of using the well known Long system which is the opposite.

Im feeling very good about this. I thought we would suffer another learning season but it looks like we are playing to win now.

Boomer Sooner!

sooneron
8/3/2006, 07:09 PM
Oh, it's going to be a learning season for the first few games. I agree on finding schemes that fit Paul's abilities.

axiom
8/3/2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah but it wont be a learning season like it was last year or like it could be with halzle this year. Everyone knew last year was a rebuilding year, everyone expected great things this year. I guess they and we should continue to keep our expectations high.

oumartin
8/3/2006, 07:31 PM
if i were Paul Thompson I would tell the Coaches to stick it where the sun don't shine and use this quote. "my best chance to play in the NFL is at Wide Reciever now find a damn qB that can throw me the ball"

TUSooner
8/3/2006, 07:33 PM
if i were Paul Thompson I would tell the Coaches to stick it where the sun don't shine and use this quote. "my best chance to play in the NFL is at Wide Reciever now find a damn qB that can throw me the ball"

It's a damn good thing you're not.
:D

Big Red Ron
8/3/2006, 07:34 PM
Honestly, I think Bomar was on his way to learning the "Wilson" spread next year anyways.

Now, how convenient is it, that the guy that was ****ing on Heupel's pant leg and couldn't run well enough for "Wilson's" system is gone and the guy that everyone wanted LAST YEAR (on the team anyway) to start has his shot. This really does have Sooner Lore potential. Paul is up to bat with two strikes but is getting one thrown right down the pike to knock out of the park.

hope he doesn't miss

The Ensuing Kickoff
ouMartin: Rhett, is that you?

85Sooner
iNTERESTINGLY ENOUGH, last year most people wanted to see Blomar, and I bet Paul didn't get too much support around campus. because of the situation, I bet he will be getting a lot of "good lucks" from the folks in norman. That would make any kid feel better.

oumartin
8/3/2006, 07:36 PM
They didn't treat Paul with alot of respect it didn't appear after TCU and I give him all the respect he deserves for stepping up.. Paul is a class act.

dolemitesooner
8/3/2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah thats what most arrogant asshats would say. Thank god Pt is not like you

oumartin
8/3/2006, 07:37 PM
oh, but i am the Ebony Ninja Assassin!

Big Red Ron
8/3/2006, 07:39 PM
oh, but i am the Ebony Ninja Assassin!But he IS!:D

leavingthezoo
8/3/2006, 07:40 PM
oh, but i am the Ebony Ninja Assassin!

LIAR! :pop:

i just wanted to see the popcorn smiley.

oumartin
8/3/2006, 07:41 PM
at least we don't have to hear the sports animal and their laser sound effects about bomar throwing lasers.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/3/2006, 07:48 PM
hopefully ENA won't wear a blue jersey in fall camp...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/3/2006, 07:50 PM
LIAR! :pop:

i just wanted to see the popcorn smiley.What happened to your jabbing *****?:pop:

MiccoMacey
8/3/2006, 07:50 PM
I'd like to send Kevin Wilson down to Texas and get with Greg Davis and have them shopw us how to run the "VY read-and-run formation".

I bet PT could run this pretty darn well.

Big Red Ron
8/3/2006, 07:52 PM
I'd like to send Kevin Wilson down to Texas and get with Greg Davis and have them shopw us how to run the "VY read-and-run formation".

I bet PT could run this pretty darn well.Zac Kustock became a legend in a similar system. :texan:

MiccoMacey
8/3/2006, 07:54 PM
I know...forgot the dang smiley. :D

85sooners
8/3/2006, 08:58 PM
:pop:

Blue
8/3/2006, 09:16 PM
I agree with OUMartin..... What?

Paul Thompson, w'out doing anything of greatness yet on the field has become one of my favorite Sooners. Truly taking it for the team 2 years in a row.

Mucho Respect.

Fraggle145
8/3/2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah but it wont be a learning season like it was last year or like it could be with halzle this year. Everyone knew last year was a rebuilding year, everyone expected great things this year. I guess they and we should continue to keep our expectations high.

Amen. My Crimson Colored Glasses are still all the way on...

trey
8/3/2006, 09:26 PM

paul thompson ain't playin in the nfl. he's a 5th year senior with 100 career receiving yards. by moving back to quarterback, everyone in the sooner nation will forever be in debt to him for his loyalty and unselfishness. i just booked by plane tickets today to fly in for the UAB game from california. i can't wait! thanks paul thompson, show us how it's done!!!
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

leavingthezoo
8/3/2006, 09:32 PM
What happened to your jabbing *****?:pop:

it got singed in the meltdown. :O

Wishboned
8/3/2006, 09:39 PM
I agree with OUMartin..... What?

Paul Thompson, w'out doing anything of greatness yet on the field has become one of my favorite Sooners. Truly taking it for the team 2 years in a row.

Mucho Respect.

Amen.

That young man has done everything his coach and his team have asked of him and never was even the hint of a complaint ever heard from him.

He is the definition of a true team player.

I really hope he takes this opportunity and shuts the mouths of the naysayers and takes his rightful place in Sooner history.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/3/2006, 10:01 PM
paul thompson ain't playin in the nfl. he's a 5th year senior with 100 career receiving yards. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

Wrong!! How many yards receiving did Matt Jones and Bolden have in college. Did you watch the spring game? I was thinking he had possible AA potential and at the worst All Big XII potential. At his size, knowledge, speed, and leadership skills....to say he can't play in the NFL is crazy. Fullbacks can't play in the NFL either...how is J.D. doing?

trey
8/3/2006, 10:07 PM
Wrong!! How many yards receiving did Matt Jones and Bolden have in college. Did you watch the spring game? I was thinking he had possible AA potential and at the worst All Big XII potential. At his size, knowledge, speed, and leadership skills....to say he can't play in the NFL is crazy. Fullbacks can't play in the NFL either...how is J.D. doing?

PT ain't matt jones or anquan bolden. fullbacks? JD? what the **** are you talking about?

getrdone
8/3/2006, 10:09 PM
rumors on a texas coaching website are that jerry is going to start naming names of other offenders and he was shopping rhett around the past couple of weeks to other schools.

i know jerry but i have no idea if it's true. just telling yall what was on the site to give yall something else to talk about.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/3/2006, 10:16 PM
So a 6'4" 210 pound guy who understands the QB position with more than adequate speed has nothing in common with Jones or Bolden? With JD what I am trying to say is why don't you let the NFL decide who can and can't play in their league because you obviously have no clue. Quit being a noob

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 10:26 PM
they should start giving out the paul thompson award at the end of every season to the player that would do the most for the team. had stoops asked pt to take quinn's place in the trenches and let halzle take "The Idiot's" place, he would've done it. i pray that by way of some divince intervention, pt could lead us to the promise land. there isn't anyone in the country that deserves it more.

badger
8/3/2006, 10:33 PM
I had Paul Thompson in one of my classes during my last semester (fall 05).

He was always in class on time, he never missed class, and he participated in group work. You could call him a model student.

I don't think he'll let us down.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 10:34 PM
I had Paul Thompson in one of my classes during my last semester (fall 05).

He was always in class on time, he never missed class, and he participated in group work. You could call him a model student.

I don't think he'll let us down.
i hope not. i wish him all the luck in the world

badger
8/3/2006, 10:35 PM
well, well, if it isn't Snrfn4ever08 who has given me more spek than my fiance during the last week. :D

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 10:38 PM
well, well, if it isn't Snrfn4ever08 who has given me more spek than my fiance during the last week. :D
YMSSRA:D i've been on spek happy mode ever since i hit 500

badger
8/3/2006, 10:40 PM
have spek for hitting 500!

MikeInNorman
8/3/2006, 10:41 PM

True dat.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 10:42 PM
have spek for hitting 500!
thanks. it's a little late though, i'm about to hit 800:D

crimson&cream
8/3/2006, 10:45 PM
rumors on a texas coaching website are that jerry is going to start naming names of other offenders and he was shopping rhett around the past couple of weeks to other schools.

i know jerry but i have no idea if it's true. just telling yall what was on the site to give yall something else to talk about.
Sounds like sour grapes again from daddy like last yr an his son not getting reps and respect. I think now I know where Rhett's problems arise from---good ole daddy.
Stoops on another site through the moderators assured that there's no more problems ahead,and that 7/8 others were investigated, but no problems there.
The Pres of NCAA has complimented OU on the quick and stern handling of the situation. So Jerry and Texass and some other's need to give it a rest.:pop:

goingoneight
8/3/2006, 10:49 PM

he-yeah... only sissies wear those...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/3/2006, 10:50 PM
Stoops on another site through the moderators assured that there's no more problems ahead

Seriously? Stoops worries about message boards?!!!

badger
8/3/2006, 10:50 PM
He is already wearing it. He deserves it after all that he has gone through... unlike "The Idiot", who deserves what he is going through, also.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 10:51 PM
He is already wearing it. He deserves it after all that he has gone through... unlike "The Idiot", who deserves what he is going through, also.
watch out, i think your big words ****ed beano off

badger
8/3/2006, 10:52 PM
fine, he doesn't deserve the big font, anyways.

From now on, he shall be known as "The Idiot"

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 10:54 PM
fine, he doesn't deserve the big font, anyways.

From now on, he shall be known as "The Idiot"
nah, i can't even hardly read that

trey
8/4/2006, 11:57 AM
So a 6'4" 210 pound guy who understands the QB position with more than adequate speed has nothing in common with Jones or Bolden? With JD what I am trying to say is why don't you let the NFL decide who can and can't play in their league because you obviously have no clue. Quit being a noob

"more than adequate" doesn't cut cut it in the nfl. i hope he does play in the nfl, i just don't see it happening. my first post was complementing pt. don't be a dick.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/4/2006, 03:48 PM
Kelly Gregg doesn't have adequate size...too bad he never got to play either!!

Spray
8/4/2006, 03:55 PM
Just wondering- I see all these other "Sports Animal" threads where they are ripping OU, calling for sanctions, turning this into their own little comedy hour...

Did any of the a-holes on this station nut up and spout this crap to Stoops or did they just kiss his *** the whole time?

SleestakSooner
8/4/2006, 07:49 PM
Just wondering- I see all these other "Sports Animal" threads where they are ripping OU, calling for sanctions, turning this into their own little comedy hour...

Did any of the a-holes on this station nut up and spout this crap to Stoops or did they just kiss his *** the whole time?

Oh I am sure none of them has the juevos to say anything like that to his face. I mean hell... Trabor succscouldn't even tell Bobby Knight what he really thought of the guy. I am betting Stoops punches about ten times harder than ole BK, physically and verbally.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/4/2006, 08:36 PM
Umm Bobby Knight is ALOT bigger and stronger than Stoops :P

SleestakSooner
8/4/2006, 09:47 PM
Umm Bobby Knight is A LOT older and slower than Stoops :P

Fixed :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/5/2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah but Bobby Knight is like a 6'8" mountain of a man of ill disposition

dolemitesooner
8/6/2006, 03:02 AM

I bet PT could run this pretty darn well.
Its called the zone read.