PDA

View Full Version : Bomar, Quinn interview online video

mrowl
8/3/2006, 06:43 PM
http://www.channeloklahoma.com/video/9625700/index.html

PDXsooner
8/3/2006, 07:13 PM
they both look like a couple of nervous kids that just got their world rocked. i hope they learn from it and make better decisions in life. what a waste of talent.

axiom
8/3/2006, 07:32 PM
Channel 5, what a bunch of corporate hacks. Anyone notice the large flashing "Sooner Scandel" banner played on one of those videos? and using the words "Stoops is holding a press conference and its all about damage control now"

Their reporters suck in addition to the station sucking. An old fat lady and couple of useless tools who know more about knitting than football. I'll take Deano anyday over those simps.

oumartin
8/3/2006, 07:35 PM
Quinn was about to cry..
Bomar is now Blacklisted!

OKC-SLC
8/3/2006, 08:14 PM
let them be an example for others. i don't want guys like that representing my alma mater.

good riddance.

FaninAma
8/3/2006, 08:28 PM
let them be an example for others. i don't want guys like that representing my alma mater.

good riddance.

A couple of young guys made a huge mistake and they are paying the price for it. I hope they are able to bounce back and get things back on track. Only immature hypocritical people would wish further misery for them.....and no I'm not saying your post does that or that you're one of those type of people.

OKC-SLC
8/3/2006, 08:52 PM
A couple of young guys made a huge mistake and they are paying the price for it. I hope they are able to bounce back and get things back on track. Only immature hypocritical people would wish further misery for them.....and no I'm not saying your post does that or that you're one of those type of people.
i demand high standards for those people who are blessed to be in positions such as theirs. I acknowledge that it is the result of an enormous amount of sacrifice and work on a player's behalf to become a high-profile player at a major university. But there is a responsibility to uphold a set of values.

These young men did not do that. And you are right to assume that I do not wish any misery for these boys. However, I am disappointed in them, I am hurt by them, and I am done with them.

soonerinabilene
8/3/2006, 08:58 PM
man, watch the jason white interview on that link. really makes you wish he would have just sat down with bomar when he took over the qb role last year and tell him what to expect and how to handle it. dude has the most level head of ANY heisman trophy winner.

redbeerman
8/3/2006, 09:03 PM
From reading this board today I have found out that the same thing is done everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. Sounds like they didn't to anything that thousands of others aren't doing. No one should be upset with them or the dealer ship.

I guess those that say it is done everywhere are just upset with these kids because they got caught.

Those kids are really sorry. You could tell by the way Bomar's eyes kept shifting around. Sorry he got caught.

Widescreen
8/3/2006, 09:05 PM
From reading this board today I have found out that the same thing is done everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. Sounds like they didn't to anything that thousands of others aren't doing. No one should be upset with them or the dealer ship.

I guess those that say it is done everywhere are just upset with these kids because they got caught.

Those kids are really sorry. You could tell by the way Bomar's eyes kept shifting around. Sorry he got caught.
I'm surprised you're still around. Don't get comfortable.

Fraggle145
8/3/2006, 09:08 PM
I dont think anyone truly wishes them further misery... but they got a harsh lesson in what life is. time to grow up kids. I almost feel sorry for JD Quinn it looks like he doesnt know what hit him... Stoops being the good man that he is will probably help them, but damn they screwed the pooch on this one. Quinn at least looked remorseful but that is the most poised I ahve ever seen Bomar look save for the Holiday bowl. I dont know what to think really... I think I am going to move on and put a bunch of spirit behind PT, he has earned it, which is more than I can say for either of them.

Crimson Kid
8/3/2006, 09:26 PM
Poor quinn i feel soory for him, but bomar, imo, he didn't seem to really show he was sorry, yes he said he was, but his eyes say other wise.

I wish them the best and hope they really truly learned from this.

They made their bed.............

bbowsooner
8/3/2006, 09:35 PM
Why do we try to blow all of this smoke up everyone's *** about the great OU standards when we are one of the most penalized programs in college football??????????????

Crimson Kid
8/3/2006, 09:37 PM
Why do we try to blow all of this smoke up everyone's *** about the great OU standards when we are one of the most penalized programs in college football??????????????

Oh please, just becuse we have dumb players don't mean we still don't have high standards, crap happens.

Blue
8/3/2006, 09:38 PM

Go back to bed, slappy. And if I see you come out again, it's an *** whuppin'.

leavingthezoo
8/3/2006, 09:39 PM

i would have taken this seriously if only there would have been one more question mark!!!!!1!!1!!!

tbl
8/3/2006, 09:40 PM
AGGIE ALERT!!!!:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

TXBOOMER
8/3/2006, 09:42 PM
Bomar growing a beard getting ready to head north to play some NAIA ball. I wish him good luck in life but zero luck in any future football endeavors.

FlatheadSooner
8/3/2006, 10:53 PM
Maybe just me but, aside from the nervousness of being on film, neither of them looked all that upset. "Just hopeful Bob will take care of us."

How bout a beer!

:pop:

badger
8/3/2006, 10:55 PM
if you check newsok.com, you can see the "attempt at interview" at the airport last night, which didn't work out. It is very funny. As for Quinn and "The Idiot", neither would go for an interview, they only wanted to do statements on-camera after the OU press conference.

Wishboned
8/3/2006, 10:56 PM
I watched the video and maybe it's just because I'm ticked off and my perspective is a little skewed but to me it almost seemed like Bomar wanted to roll his eyes a few times.

Kind of like the kid forced to apologize.

I know you can't really tell what's in a person's heart just by watching them on a video, but he just didn't seem that sincere to me.

Quinn looked really upset.

Collier11
8/3/2006, 11:15 PM
I think quinn was about to cry, I do feel bad for them. I dont feel bad for the position they put themselves in, but I do feel bad for the human aspect of how it feels when you knwo youve really screwed up cus ive felt that before

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 11:21 PM
I think quinn was about to cry, I do feel bad for them. I dont feel bad for the position they put themselves in, but I do feel bad for the human aspect of how it feels when you knwo youve really screwed up cus ive felt that before

I feel the same way

badger
8/3/2006, 11:27 PM
I think we've all felt that way. We all make mistakes. It is those mistakes that potentially effect others where I think their decision differs. I once did so poorly on a test that I had to drop the class and re-take it (probably the worst I've felt in my entire college career) and it was all because I chose not to study. However, my slacking off didn't effect anyone else.

picasso
8/3/2006, 11:31 PM

is that in English?

Collier11
8/3/2006, 11:54 PM
I think we've all felt that way. We all make mistakes. It is those mistakes that potentially effect others where I think their decision differs. I once did so poorly on a test that I had to drop the class and re-take it (probably the worst I've felt in my entire college career) and it was all because I chose not to study. However, my slacking off didn't effect anyone else.

If thats the WORST that youve ever done then I must be a horrible person, I purposely dont study for tests all the time ;)

badger
8/4/2006, 12:06 AM
If thats the WORST that youve ever done then I must be a horrible person, I purposely dont study for tests all the time ;)
I let myself down. I'm sure that I've done worse. However, when people say "we all make mistakes" I think you have to take into consideration that the mistakes these guys made will effect 80 other student-athletes and an entire program that fuels a state's pride (and Saturday economy).

Collier11
8/4/2006, 12:16 AM
I let myself down. I'm sure that I've done worse. However, when people say "we all make mistakes" I think you have to take into consideration that the mistakes these guys made will effect 80 other student-athletes and an entire program that fuels a state's pride (and Saturday economy).

That is true and like I previously said, im all for them being punished and punished severely. What I dont approve of is people hiding behind phone messages and computer screens and bashing these kids, calling them names, threatening them and so on, no one deserves that no matter how badly they screwed up. They are still human even if some of our fellow Sooners dont want to admit that

TheGodfather889
8/4/2006, 12:25 AM
I actually feel sorry for those two. They'll be regretting it for years. But as for the interviews,I found Jason's more entertaining.

OUstud
8/4/2006, 12:27 AM
You know what school would make the most sense for Teh Idoit to go to? The one that "picks up the trash": Aggy!

Wishboned
8/4/2006, 02:12 AM
I just watched the Jason White interview and one of the coolest things I got from that is when he said Stoops still calls him from time to time to see how he's doing and ask about his family.

Just another example of how OU is a family and how Stoops brought back that attitude when he came here.

Sooner in Tampa
8/4/2006, 05:36 AM
I just watched the Jason White interview and one of the coolest things I got from that is when he said Stoops still calls him from time to time to see how he's doing and ask about his family.

Just another example of how OU is a family and how Stoops brought back that attitude when he came here.That was pretty cool to hear.

Did Jason get some dental work done?? JW looks like he could still put on the uni and lead the team. I really do admire Jason and all of the great things he did for OUr university. He really did Tuttle and his parents proud.

imjebus
8/4/2006, 08:53 AM
That is true and like I previously said, im all for them being punished and punished severely. What I dont approve of is people hiding behind phone messages and computer screens and bashing these kids, calling them names, threatening them and so on, no one deserves that no matter how badly they screwed up. They are still human even if some of our fellow Sooners dont want to admit that

Who cares what you think... :P

Scott D
8/4/2006, 01:52 PM

nah rumor is the worst she did was say yes to NormanPride ;)

Collier11
8/4/2006, 04:43 PM
he he he