PDA

View Full Version : Lookin Out My Back Door

etouffee
8/3/2006, 02:58 PM
A few houses down from me lives a single lady and her kids. She didn't used to be single; the hubster moved out a couple of years ago and apparently she won the house in court. So anyway, her dad, who has got to be in his late 70's, maybe early 80's, comes over and mows her yard. With an old push mower. Not a self-propelled walking mower, mind you. A PUSH mower. At 2pm, in full sun, in August, in south Louisiana. With no hat. This is not a small yard, either. It's pushing 1/2 an acre, and it's completely unshaded. In sum, pops is getting freakin' BROILED out there.

It's really hard to watch. I'm just waiting for him to drop. Several of us neighbors have offered her that we'll mow the lawn for her, just to spare the guy, but she insists he'll be fine and he enjoys it.

It's really infuriating to see someone with such complete disregard for the safety of an elderly parent. I really don't get it.

Mjcpr
8/3/2006, 03:00 PM
The title of this thread is very misleading.

toast
8/3/2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe she's got a nice insurance policy on the old man.

:les: "Mow faster!"

NormanPride
8/3/2006, 03:11 PM

I know. How can you a few houses down from your back door? That doesn't make sense. :confused:

IB4OU2
8/3/2006, 03:13 PM
A few houses down from me lives a single lady and her kids. She didn't used to be single; the hubster moved out a couple of years ago and apparently she won the house in court. So anyway, her dad, who has got to be in his late 70's, maybe early 80's, comes over and mows her yard. With an old push mower. Not a self-propelled walking mower, mind you. A PUSH mower. At 2pm, in full sun, in August, in south Louisiana. With no hat. This is not a small yard, either. It's pushing 1/2 an acre, and it's completely unshaded. In sum, pops is getting freakin' BROILED out there.

It's really hard to watch. I'm just waiting for him to drop. Several of us neighbors have offered her that we'll mow the lawn for her, just to spare the guy, but she insists he'll be fine and he enjoys it.

It's really infuriating to see someone with such complete disregard for the safety of an elderly parent. I really don't get it.

She needs a Lawnboy.......

skycat
8/3/2006, 03:17 PM
Both of my grandfathers were like that. I can see my dad turning out like that.

Honestly, he really might enjoy it, whether or not it's good for him.

BudSooner
8/3/2006, 03:25 PM
When you said she didn't use to be single...I was expecting a HAWT reference.
I'm so dissapointed in that....and the lack of pics.

carry on.

JohnnyMack
8/3/2006, 03:53 PM
no "doot, doot, doot" yet?

You guys are slippin'.

BeetDigger
8/3/2006, 03:54 PM
She needs a Lawnboy.......

Sounds like she needs someone besides her father to mow her lawn too.

etouffee
8/3/2006, 04:21 PM
How can you a few houses down from your back door? That doesn't make sense. :confused:it makes sense if you live on a lake so the houses are arranged in a circle and not in a line. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/raz.gif

Hamhock
8/3/2006, 04:46 PM
is he wearing a blue long sleeve shirt and pants?

for some reason, old people work in the heat like i dress in the snow.

BoogercountySooner
8/3/2006, 06:18 PM
Is she HAwt?

Does she need her Bush trimmed?

Ok I got the infantile stuff out of da way!

tulsaoilerfan
8/3/2006, 06:23 PM
Judging by the title i was afraid this was some sort of gay thread, NTTAWWT.

etouffee
8/3/2006, 06:26 PM
Judging by the title i was afraid this was some sort of gay thread, NTTAWWT.You would've been wiser to assume it was about an acid trip, but it wasn't. This time.

Harry Beanbag
8/3/2006, 07:02 PM

Thankfully.

8/3/2006, 09:28 PM
...says hairy.

OhU1
8/3/2006, 09:45 PM
When I read your post, I too, was thinking of a **** who needed her bush trimmed myself.

Regarding the old man - Hats off to him! I expect to be that way when I'm an old fart. The day I have to worry about heat or physical exertion is the day I know I'm really old and ready for the nursing home. If you don't get out there and keep active you'll die or be an old POS at an early age. My Great Great Graddad still mowed the lawn at 99 years of age. I'd love to be able to do that! (but I'd gladly pay some young punk to do it).

OU4LIFE
8/4/2006, 07:10 AM
I would only believe any of this if you had just got home from Illinois.

Okla-homey
8/4/2006, 07:13 AM
He's probably fine. My g/f reroofed his house in Ardmore two summers before he died at 81. He did it by himself, in the blazing summer sun, and loved every minute of it.