PDA

View Full Version : anybody else listening to this cat fight on the animal?

All_Day_28
8/3/2006, 02:26 PM
Hale and the Humper:pop:

ZsoonersRule
8/3/2006, 02:27 PM
Hale sounds like he is about to cry!

Pricetag
8/3/2006, 02:29 PM
I just caught the tale end, the "agree to disagree" part, along with a tirade by Hump about Stoops having the right to be mad at the University (compliance officers) about all this.

I got the impression that Hale was probably blaming Big Red or something.

Fraggle145
8/3/2006, 02:30 PM
That was just great radio....

All_Day_28
8/3/2006, 02:31 PM
Hale sounds like he is about to cry!

lololololol.. yeah he did.. these guys were screamin' at each other like 6 year old girls for about 5 minutes straight...

King Crimson
8/3/2006, 02:33 PM
dang. i logged off about 20 minutes ago since i just couldn't take ANOTHER commercial break.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/3/2006, 02:59 PM
If this was Adrian Peterson instead of Rhett Bomar then James Hale may have been on suicide watch. No that I think about it, I guess a lot of other OU fans woulda been in the same boat.

RedstickSooner
8/3/2006, 03:28 PM
If this was Adrian Peterson instead of Rhett Bomar then James Hale may have been on suicide watch. No that I think about it, I guess a lot of other OU fans woulda been in the same boat.

From a team perspective, losing AD would've been a softer blow (to me). He's far and away the better player (he's the best player in all of NCAA football), but, well, we've got some depth at the position.

If it were AD, I'd be dumbfounded - and I'd have mixed emotions. I'd be thankful for two great seasons and some very hard work, but peeved that a stupid decision took his last year away from us. Not to mention what it might do to his pro career.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/3/2006, 04:38 PM
But AD is the next Dupree type, he's a more integral part of the offense because he'll be the playmaker. I think the drop off in talent at RB from AD to Patrick, Gute, or Murray is a lot more then the drop off between Bomar and PT. I say this only because of the freak AD is.

FlatheadSooner
8/3/2006, 05:01 PM
From a team perspective, losing AD would've been a softer blow (to me). He's far and away the better player (he's the best player in all of NCAA football), but, well, we've got some depth at the position.

If it were AD, I'd be dumbfounded - and I'd have mixed emotions. I'd be thankful for two great seasons and some very hard work, but peeved that a stupid decision took his last year away from us. Not to mention what it might do to his pro career.

CRAZY TALK!!!
:eek:

tulsaoilerfan
8/3/2006, 06:17 PM
I say let AD line up in the shotgun and direct snap the ball to him; surely he can carry it 70x a game, right?:eek:

oumartin
8/3/2006, 07:39 PM
he'll get his chance at 2000 yards. not so sure on the 500 recieving

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 11:23 PM
he'll get his chance at 2000 yards. not so sure on the 500 recieving
screen passes, my friend

picasso
8/3/2006, 11:33 PM

huh?

Peterson is #1 at his position in the country.

badger
8/3/2006, 11:34 PM
could somebody please fill a muted sound button Sooner in, please?

iknowyoudidnt
8/4/2006, 12:29 AM
dang. i logged off about 20 minutes ago since i just couldn't take ANOTHER commercial break.
I listened to it online today for the first time in ages, and was really shocked at the number of commercial breaks they take. I guess Kansas City sports radio spoiled me a bit in that regard. They almost always talk throughout my entire 20 commute to work without a break, and generally go for much longer than that. I know it's off-topic, but the Sports Animal's commercial schedule makes it intolerable unless I'm desperate for constant news about OU, which is usually only when something like this happens.

pb4ou
8/4/2006, 01:46 AM
I heard it also. I don't think I've ever heard Hale get as upset as he did. I actually thought it was quite funny.

The Original "soonerjeff"
8/4/2006, 01:58 AM
I heard it also. I don't think I've ever heard Hale get as upset as he did. I actually thought it was quite funny.

I agree! That was hilarious to listen to. They both got into their high-pitched voices :pop:. You would have thought that Hump had insulted Hale's mother AND grandmother. He got so defensive and took it so personally! (Maybe a sign that its a little too wrapped up in the University of Oklahoma?) I think that was the biggest argument that I've ever between two ON-AIR radio or TV hosts. :D

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/4/2006, 07:00 AM
i wish there was a replay so i could hear it...

Cam
8/5/2006, 12:00 PM

Quick, somebody get the straight jacket out of the closet. :eek: