PDA

View Full Version : Annual Coaches Luncheon

SoonerBorn
8/3/2006, 01:44 PM
The annual coaches luncheon was today, and Coaches Stoops, Venables, and Wilson were there and spoke.

Stoops said PT is "the guy" and Wilson echoed that a bit later. Stoops said they called Paul in yesterday and asked him how he felt about it, but said he should take the night and talk with his family, etc. PT came right back and said "I'm your guy."

Stoops said there is no one on the team who is more respected than PT, and no one is more respected by the coaching staff than PT. He said in all fairness to PT last year, they weren't sure if they were going with him or Bomar and the offense did not play to his strengths. This year, it will.

Wilson said PT was the backup plan all along, and said it's really a no brainer at this point. They have one guy who is new to campus, another who has practiced 15 times, and then PT who's backed up a Heisman winner and has years of experience.

When asked how the offense will be different with the changes being made, Wilson shrugged it off and talked about an e-mail he received on Monday from someone who didn't know about the Bomar thing. This friend told Wilson not to worry about the offense - that they could take a knee each down and still win the game. Wilson has been joking with Venables about that all week, saying he wants 3 & outs and 1 blocked punt each game.

More as I think of it... Maybe some others were there, too...

TheHumanAlphabet
8/3/2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks.

mountaingod
8/3/2006, 01:55 PM
I'm happy for PT to take it back. Here's his 2nd chance to turn things around for the team. What are your predictions for the season w/PT at QB? I think it all depends on how good of a start they get with the 1st few games. If PT has ALOT of confidence, then things could go well, if not, maybe another long season.

kingswitz
8/3/2006, 01:56 PM
He also stated that it is not all doom and gloom and that the two involved knew they were wrong and are paying the price for it.

BASSooner
8/3/2006, 01:59 PM
I'm happy for PT to take it back. Here's his 2nd chance to turn things around for the team. What are your predictions for the season w/PT at QB? I think it all depends on how good of a start they get with the 1st few games. If PT has ALOT of confidence, then things could go well, if not, maybe another long season.
thats great that he's the man but im very concerned about his passing abilities

GottaHavePride
8/3/2006, 02:02 PM
I'll give PT a shot. It may turn out last year was just a combination of jitters that he'd be benched for screwing up added to a scheme that didn't suit him.

Blues1
8/3/2006, 02:14 PM
PT will take us to major bowl...Assuming he stays healthy and NCAA doesn't wack us with some NO Bowl crap this year.....But Doesn't it usually take the ncaa a year or more for them to look into this kinda stuff...???

Still R'

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2006, 02:43 PM
The real important question is, what did they serve for lunch?

SoonerBorn
8/3/2006, 03:38 PM
The real important question is, what did they serve for lunch?

Swadley's BBQ - same as last year. Good freakin' stuff.

Ah, and Stoops confirmed the no-names-on-jerseys thing, saying he thought it was a step at taking away some of that "entitlement" he's sensed. He stressed that simply taking the names off the jerseys wouldn't fix it, obviously, just a step in that direction.

Soonerman08
8/3/2006, 04:30 PM
Ohhh goody so next year we are an unknown yet again at quarterback. Not to sure I like this move by the coaching staff, but I guess we just have to trust them.

bbowsooner
8/3/2006, 09:43 PM
Lunch was hotdogs. Would you expect anything else?