PDA

View Full Version : We got hammered on 1st & 10

soonersam
8/3/2006, 11:21 AM
Demanding hard sanctions against OU, because Stoops had to know what was going on... And they brought up the AD car deal from the same dealership..

OUstud
8/3/2006, 11:24 AM
:rolleyes: There goes the East Coast media again, pretending they know about sports outside of Red Sox-Yankees.

soonersam
8/3/2006, 11:29 AM
There was one good point made... That the Heisman is a popularity contest and this give OU and AD a black eye....

NormanPride
8/3/2006, 11:30 AM
Who?

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA

FaninAma
8/3/2006, 11:35 AM
Demanding hard sanctions against OU, because Stoops had to know what was going on... And they brought up the AD car deal from the same dealership..

So, did they demand hard sanctions for USC, Ohio State and Notre Dame because all 3 of these programs have been shown to have athletes who were given cash or other inducements by boosters in the recent past.

If the NCAA does try to hammer OU I would be very disappointed if the University takes it lying down in light of the NCAA's past record of dealing with these type of violations at other programs.

And it make me laugh that they seemd to be "demanding" the sanctions as if their opinions matter to anybody beyond their ghey lovers.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 11:39 AM
screw them. i hope they die slow and painful deaths

poke4christ
8/3/2006, 11:53 AM
This is completly idiotic. It would be very easy for Stoops not to know about Bomar. Things like this between boosters and players are easy to keep secret. It probably happens all the time (maybe not to this degree). However, this could be an even bigger problem for OU if this incident causes the NCAA to rethink the "Lack of institutional control" thing that they almost gave OU during the BBall mess.

Zach

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:02 PM
So, did they demand hard sanctions for USC, Ohio State and Notre Dame because all 3 of these programs have been shown to have athletes who were given cash or other inducements by boosters in the recent past.

Bingo

TheGodfather889
8/3/2006, 12:06 PM
And Skip Bayless calls himself a Sooner fan?

Dio
8/3/2006, 12:22 PM
How can you cite "Lack of institutional control" when the institution "took control" by proactively investigating the situation and giving the players involved the boot? Should we have taken the texass/SUC/bucknut way out and swept it under the rug?

Oh, yeah, this is the NCAA we're talking about. My bad.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/3/2006, 12:48 PM
I think OU should be commended for this...and I wouldn't **** on Woody Paige if he was on fire.

Scott D
8/3/2006, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time I gave a **** what Woody Paige and Skip Bayless had to say...oh yeah, never.

GottaHavePride
8/3/2006, 02:00 PM
We're referring to a show consisting of *********s either too fat or too sucky to actually play sports telling us what we should think? Yeah, FPOMFs all.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/3/2006, 02:06 PM
and i thought this was going to be an OL thread...

soonersam
8/3/2006, 02:34 PM
Skip Sucks...... Saying its always the same programs that have problems.. OU , Miami, Tenn, FSU....

Bob has run one of the cleanist programs in the country because of the past rep..

RedstickSooner
8/3/2006, 03:44 PM
It *does* hurt our credibility that this is the same dealership involved with AD's ride. We investigated then, but now that the dealership has shown that it was willing to give illicit benefits to players, that taints any player associated with that same dealership in the past.

We don't just get our offense gutted -- we get an enormous black eye to the program, in spite of Stoops (and the entire athletic department) being so up-front in their handling of everything.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/3/2006, 03:50 PM
This is completly idiotic. It would be very easy for Stoops not to know about Bomar. Things like this between boosters and players are easy to keep secret. It probably happens all the time (maybe not to this degree). However, this could be an even bigger problem for OU if this incident causes the NCAA to rethink the "Lack of institutional control" thing that they almost gave OU during the BBall mess.

Zach

Sorry, but that is some of the faultiest logic I have ever read.

This was not the result of an NCAA investigation.

This was not the result of a media investigation.

The university did an internal investigation, found 2 players guilty of wrongdoing and the coach dismissed them almost immediatey.

Would the university be required to carry out summary executions to be exhibiting institutional control?

If anything the university showed proof of instutional control. It makes the booster(s) involved look like dumb azzes and of course Bomar and Quinn as well but this talk about the University getting in trouble with the NCAA is bordering on 'tarded.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 04:14 PM
From Jay Mariotti on Around The Horn

"Oklahoma is running a rogue program"

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/3/2006, 04:15 PM

From Ozzie Guillen

"Jay Mariotti is a Homo"

Rogue
8/3/2006, 04:44 PM
AUUUUGGGHHHHH!

Scott D
8/3/2006, 04:45 PM

From journalistic integrity for sportswriters

does Mariotti even know where to find a locker room or conduct an in person interview with a player or coach?

poke4christ
8/3/2006, 04:48 PM
Sorry, but that is some of the faultiest logic I have ever read.

This was not the result of an NCAA investigation.

This was not the result of a media investigation.

The university did an internal investigation, found 2 players guilty of wrongdoing and the coach dismissed them almost immediatey.

Would the university be required to carry out summary executions to be exhibiting institutional control?

If anything the university showed proof of instutional control. It makes the booster(s) involved look like dumb azzes and of course Bomar and Quinn as well but this talk about the University getting in trouble with the NCAA is bordering on 'tarded.

I'm not saying what I think should happen, I'm saying what the NCAA may do after they come in and continue the investigation. Plus, the logic here is sound. The NCAA came close to citing OU with the "Lack of institutional control" problem during the BBall issues. Since then issues with Peterson and now this issue have come out. Hopefully, everything that will come out has, but no one wants the NCAA poking around. You never know what they may find that the coaches and administration had no knowledge of. Anyway, to get back to my point, the recent problems may cause the NCAA to rethink the LOIC ruling. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but you have to admit the possiblity is there.

Zach

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/3/2006, 04:54 PM
It's getting worse. Kofi Annan is calling for a UN Resolution condemning OU. If we don't get our act together we might get hit with a bunch of strongly worded letters.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
8/3/2006, 05:05 PM
I'm not saying what I think should happen, I'm saying what the NCAA may do after they come in and continue the investigation. Plus, the logic here is sound. The NCAA came close to citing OU with the "Lack of institutional control" problem during the BBall issues. Since then issues with Peterson and now this issue have come out. Hopefully, everything that will come out has, but no one wants the NCAA poking around. You never know what they may find that the coaches and administration had no knowledge of. Anyway, to get back to my point, the recent problems may cause the NCAA to rethink the LOIC ruling. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but you have to admit the possiblity is there.

Zach

Exactly!! You just hope that nobody gives the NCAA a reason to come poking around. If someone wants to break the rules they are going to find a way to do it. The Steriod scandle in baseball is a perfect example. It doesn't matter how much the coaches or admin are watching and checking they will find a way to beat the system. And it doesn't matter how clean a program you try and run. All it takes are 1 or 2 idiots and suddenly your rep is ruined and the program becomes a punch line to the national media.

setem
8/3/2006, 10:25 PM
Let us not forget that Skip Bayless(*** HAT) wrote the book on gayness!

He really did! He wrote a book trying to out Troy Aikman!

Skip loves the C***!

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/3/2006, 10:41 PM
Ozzie Guillen may have to get adopted as our spokesperson against Mariotti

badger
8/3/2006, 10:46 PM
Jay and the rest of those guys deserve each other.

As for "The Idiot", well, he deserves what he got also.

OUstud
8/3/2006, 11:18 PM
Jeez, I hadn't been watching 1st & 10 (not that anyone else was either), and it just further proves that Skip Bayless is the most 2-faced, wannabe controversial media guy around.

AlabamaSooner
8/3/2006, 11:20 PM
Try not to let the national media get to y'all. As Sooner fans, we all know better. We know that we have a hell of a Coach who runs a clean program and it's not like this happened knowingly and just turned and looked the other way. Regardless of what happens, we'll get through this and see many more championships. Boomer Sooner!

badger
8/3/2006, 11:33 PM
Try not to let the national media get to y'all. As Sooner fans, we all know better. We know that we have a hell of a Coach who runs a clean program and it's not like this happened knowingly and just turned and looked the other way. Regardless of what happens, we'll get through this and see many more championships. Boomer Sooner!
spek

picasso
8/3/2006, 11:36 PM

Zach
I take that back. you're still a turd though.

Blue
8/3/2006, 11:40 PM
I remember when Bayless was actually somewhat respectable. I enjoyed reading the Sports page in the San Jose Mercury when I was there.

ESPN comes calling- Bam!- Instant doucebag.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/4/2006, 12:14 AM
aren't the california bulls a pro team?

Sooner in Tampa
8/4/2006, 06:01 AM
Let's look at who we are talking about...the Kings of *********s!!!!!!! Mariotti, Bayless, and Paige. Could you possible round three bigger dickheads?? I doubt it, you would really have to try hard. **** THESE ****HEADS!!!!

Breath, relax, and exhale. These talking heads will move onto the next crisis dejour by Monday morning. OR, just take it with a grain of salt considering the sources.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/4/2006, 06:27 AM
Mariotti ****s goats
Boy those people who are into beastility will be deeply offended!!!

poke4christ
8/4/2006, 07:51 AM
I take that back. you're still a turd though.

:cool: :D :cool:

jkjsooner
8/4/2006, 08:28 AM

You have to realize that these sports talk show guys have to overblow everything. They do it every single day. And it's not just OU. They have to yell and scream and turn every small thing into a major controversy just to make their shows "interesting."

I can only think of a handful of sports talk shows (radio or TV) that do not do this.

tbl
8/4/2006, 08:51 AM
It's not just sports. Politics, entertainment... everything has gotten to this over the top nature that makes watching any media " talk show" almost unbearable.