PDA

View Full Version : Loadholt to OU

LSUdeek
8/3/2006, 10:06 AM
http://dandydon.com/

In other football news of interest to LSU fans: Phil Loadholt, who could not enroll at LSU because of academics, has committed to play for Oklahoma and does have the grades to enter OU.

hrm... :pop:

Mjcpr
8/3/2006, 10:10 AM
Did he mean to say he wan't academically eligible at LSU coming out of high school but now he is academically eligible at OU after attending Junior College?

LSUdeek
8/3/2006, 10:14 AM
no. His JUCO grades are not eligible at LSU but they are at OU.

Another link:
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=552382&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3f s%3d107%26p%3d2%26c%3d552382

Mjcpr
8/3/2006, 10:24 AM
Does he have 2 years or 3 remaining?

Rhino
8/3/2006, 10:24 AM
And, we don't have a scholarship for him this semester, so he's going back to JUCO for a semester.

He'll be here this spring and will have two years to play two.

mrowl
8/3/2006, 10:29 AM
And, we don't have a scholarship for him this semester, so he's going back to JUCO for a semester.

He'll be here this spring and will have two years to play two.

when do Bomar and Quinns scholarships come off the books?

Rhino
8/3/2006, 10:33 AM
when do Bomar and Quinns scholarships come off the books? Immediately. But Loadholt would count as this year's class and we've already maxed out there.

A walk-on might snatch up one of those schollys.

LSUdeek
8/3/2006, 11:31 AM
and yes, in case you were wondering, I think it sucks that he gets to play for a major college power... maybe the top program in college football history... whose admission standards are more lax than ours.

Especially given our offensive line questions.

mrowl
8/3/2006, 11:37 AM
was it a grades thing? or he was missing one class that is required for LSU?

Rhino
8/3/2006, 11:44 AM
Probably an SEC/Big12 kind of thing like Lance Mitchell's situation.

Mjcpr
8/3/2006, 11:50 AM
and yes, in case you were wondering, I think it sucks that he gets to play for a major college power... maybe the top program in college football history... whose admission standards are more lax than ours.

:rolleyes:

I understood your point from your first post, hopefully we all get it now.

The Consumate Showman
8/3/2006, 01:42 PM
He has to be the biggest recruit we've ever got since that Taylor? kid from Purcell that pussed out on us....

OUster
8/9/2006, 08:50 AM
Jimminy Criss-mas, this kid is GINORMOUS!

start8
8/9/2006, 10:06 AM
It's due to a SEC/Big 12 rule, not a LSU/OU rule.

The SEC requires 2 math courses to be completed and the Big 12 only requires 1. He only passed 1 math course, therefore he can't go to any SEC school.

jdsooner
8/9/2006, 12:17 PM
He might be better than JD Quinn; too bad he can't play now.

Duke o Brewery
8/10/2006, 06:46 AM

Especially given our offensive line questions.

This whole admission standards issue is a bit interesting considering that OU has relatively high admission standards when compared to most D1 universities. Either Lsu has unusually strict admission standards, which I find incredibly difficult to believe after having encountered many of their students, or else there are some big loopholes in OU's entrance/transfer system.

Edit: I posted before I read start8's post on Big12 v. SEC transfer math requirements.

The Consumate Showman
8/10/2006, 12:38 PM
In an interview, this kid said that he was a basketball player in high school. My gosh!, can you imagine going up against this guy on the b-ball court?!?! Talk about a somewhat shorter Shaq reborn....