PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to the dealership Owner

Purpcat
8/3/2006, 09:04 AM
I've been following the news about Bomar just like everyone else. I looked a newspaper in your area. I had one thought about all this...... what about the bozo that owns the car dealership. It seems like every time a school has problems like this, there is a big booster involved. (aka Bama). What will they do if anything to this booster? I see Bomar getting so much blame, being called a knucklehead etc, but what about the booster? I know those kids knew what they were doing, and it's a shame. I think it's a case of thinking they could probably just get away with anything. That's not a new concept for a kid. But the booster really knew better. They should take away his season tickets or any other involvement he has with the school. I'd think this would hurt his business also.

Are you worried there could be more players involved? The Big12 is sure gonna be open to anyone this year to win it.

mrowl
8/3/2006, 09:07 AM
I hope he gets all access to OU taken away (tickets, suite, etc)

Sooner in Tampa
8/3/2006, 09:13 AM
Probably not a ****in thing. The dealership has been sold...and the McRae has moved onto another dealership...Fowler Dodge? I think.

Sooner Suzie
8/3/2006, 09:17 AM
If you had been keeping abreast of the situation as you purport, you would have discovered that the dealership was sold four months ago to Hudiburg who was instrumental in the OU investigation.

The previous owner has denied all involvement, placing the blame on it's former (fired last winter) spokeman. Can't buy this one ... the owner was writing the paychecks.

WolfCop
8/3/2006, 09:22 AM
My thoughts...Sales will be down and there will probably be several "Hail Sales" even though we can't get any rain.

85Sooner
8/3/2006, 10:34 AM
I SAY pester the dodge dealership untili they send him packing.

Purpcat
8/3/2006, 11:50 AM
If you had been keeping abreast of the situation as you purport, you would have discovered that the dealership was sold four months ago to Hudiburg who was instrumental in the OU investigation.

The previous owner has denied all involvement, placing the blame on it's former (fired last winter) spokeman. Can't buy this one ... the owner was writing the paychecks.

Darn Suzie.. why the hate? I don't live in your area so that's something I would have known? I'm not a Sooner Fan, but I was feeling sympathy for your teams problems. I think the Booster problem is one that all schools have to deal with. You take care now.

Sooner Eclipse
8/3/2006, 12:41 PM

As a representative of a manufacturer that calls on dealerships regularly (not Big Red) I can tell you that the owner's involvement in this depends entirely on how his mgmt was set up. Most true "owners" have acquired more than one franchise in more than one location. Therefore check signing responsibility usually falls to the person in charge of overall daily operation at that location. In this case it appears to be Brad McRae as he was the general manager at that time. Usually a comptroller also has signing rights on the dealerships accounts.

In many dealers the department managers also have signing rights for their departments. This means that someone as low as a dept manager (i.e. service manager) could be the one that set this up. However I would seriously doubt that he could do this for any length of time without the GM knowing about it. If the owner is not involved in daily operation, he may very well not know about it.

The thing about dealerships is that unless it is a publicly owned corporation, their accounting is set up to hide as much profit as possible. Some owners show all sorts of relatives as being on the payroll or as consultants when they actually have nothing to do with the business other than being related to the owner. Some do things with their rent factor on the real estate. Some run costs for their home thru the dealer. Some fund things like racing programs thru their business accounting. There are many ways for non public owners to hide profit in their P&L statements.

My guess is that owner became aware of this during the audit process that went on between Hudiburg and Donahue. This is where the potential new owner determines what the businesses potential profit is without all the "special items" that the old owner/general manager has intertwined into his accounting statements. This usually occurs several months before the buy/sell actually occurred. I'm betting that this is why McRae got the axe before the buy/sell.