PDA

View Full Version : Halzle

ADs_Agent
8/3/2006, 08:19 AM
went 1-9 last year. Those of you who think he can lead a D1 program at the calibar of OU are sadly mistaken if you are willing to put the program in the hands of someone who can't win at the JUCO level.

mrowl
8/3/2006, 08:21 AM
did you care about Bomars record in highschool?

Sooner in Tampa
8/3/2006, 08:28 AM
dude...we need some positive energy...let's knock all of the negative siht off for today.

Besides...how said that Halzle was going to be the starter?

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2006, 08:29 AM
What was Heuple's record at Snow?

ADs_Agent
8/3/2006, 08:45 AM
OU's strong point is the defense, which should buy Halzle enough time with Heupal to get the jist enough to win some important ball games.

SoonerMooner
8/3/2006, 08:55 AM
went 1-9 last year. Those of you who think he can lead a D1 program at the calibar of OU are sadly mistaken if you are willing to put the program in the hands of someone who can't win at the JUCO level.

You can't compare the two experiences. While QB is the most important position on the field, there is no way you can say Joey can't QB OU because of his JUCO record. To quote Stoops, it's a team game man. How many great college QB's came off terrible HS teams? A ton. How many great NFL QB's came off terrible D1 or D2 teams? Many.

stoopified
8/3/2006, 08:57 AM
I trust that Bob will make the right choices for us to be the best team we can be ,BUT I am unsure how good that is.Last year we struggled throwing the ball in the first half of the season and it cost us dearly.We have NO proven D-1 passer on the roster now,shades of deja vu?

Personally I hopeHalzle can do the job because I just do not see PT as a sharp enough passer to get the job done.My thinking is if he can't be a good passer after three years at QB,the last year spent at wr isn't going to help.

I hope I am wrong about the QB situation this year and Halzle,Thompson,Bradford, or MacEachern can be as good as Bonehead was in the last 5-6 games of last year.I just don;t see it and because of that AD will face stacked defenses.IMHO our best hope is to be this seasons version of the Crimson Tide.Their O stunk but they won with great D,solid special teams ,and not letting their offense beat them with mistakes.I am afraid that an 8-4 regular season is staring us in the face.Having said that I DO hope we can pull together and FAR exceed my lowered expectations.Boomer Sooner,win or lose(just please dear God,let us beat the cowpukes).

sooneron
8/3/2006, 09:45 AM
From what I have heard, Halzle's team sucked

mrowl
8/3/2006, 09:48 AM
From what I have heard, Halzle's team sucked

bomars did also. Grand Prairie hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 11:12 AM
Character counts....That's the only thing Boo Blake had right