PDA

View Full Version : Serious issues for other BCS teams

proudsoonergal
8/3/2006, 12:43 AM
I'm not going to state the obvious about the idiot (btw - I don't know if he deserves to have it capitalized). I just wanted to revel for awhile in the misfortunes of others. Mean, immature, I know, but it makes me feel a bit better (although slightly guilty, too). Here goes:

Auburn: suspended two potentially starting linebackers for their first three games (WSU, MSU, and LSU).

Tennessee: one player (frosh TE) was dismissed due to drunk driving and one was suspended for four games (Cal, AF, Florida, & Marshall) due to an aggrevated assault charge.

Miami: four players (including the starting RB and receiver) have been suspended for the FSU game. Plus, Coker is on the hot seat, and cleaned out his entire staff after getting whupped up on by LSU in the bowl game. [As much as I enjoyed the butt-whupping, I was irritated that it Les Miles got any benefit from it]. Oh, and we can't forget about the miscreant Willie Williams, who was tossed in the spring, and another player who was shot in the butt.

Air Force: the place kicker was suspended "indefinitely" for violating school standards.

Utah State: a linebacker has been dismissed from the team for repeatedly violating team rules (the last "straw" was a marjiuana citation).

San Jose State: a potential starter at corner was just charged with 14 robbery and/or false imprisonment crimes. He was suspended earlier, in June, but has yet to be dismissed. [Maybe Dick Tomey is really hurting at corner. Ha]

Texas Tech: a defensive back (potential starter) was stabbed in the stomach during a fight earlier this week.

Washington: four players (including a star RB recruit, two WR, and a tackle) are academically ineligible and won't be playing in 2006.

Nebraska: Throat-Slasher is allowing a defensive back, originally charged with sexual abuse, but later coping a deal with the DA and pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing and harassment, to join the team.

And, last but not least:

Texas: Ramonce Taylor, who was never dismissed from the team despite his potential "intent to distribute marijuana" charges, decided to transfer.

BTW - all of these came from today's ESPN wire.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/more?sport=ncf&page=news

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:45 AM
I'm not going to state the obvious about the idiot (btw - I don't know if he deserves to have it capitalized).
of course he deserves capitalization. capitalization is for emphasis, not respect

SOONER44EVER
8/3/2006, 12:48 AM
And nothing about USC. I still say Bomar's biggest mistake was that he didn't get a house for his parents. We wouldn't be in nearly as much trouble.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/3/2006, 02:58 AM
And Arkansas' stud running back injured a toe during a fight outside a Little Rock nightclub after 4 in the morning and is likely missing the season opener against USC.

With a month to go before the season starts, we could see some more off-field incidents from various schools. That original list doesn't stop there.

Scott D
8/3/2006, 09:49 AM
And nothing about USC. I still say Bomar's biggest mistake was that he didn't get a house for his parents. We wouldn't be in nearly as much trouble.

actually yesterday word came out that a backup corner who quit the USC team last week tested positive for steroids before he quit.

and to amend the first post, Willie Williams also requested a release for a transfer, and has since changed his mind. However, the players at 'The U' don't particularly seem to want him back.

GottaHavePride
8/3/2006, 10:51 AM
of course he deserves capitalization. capitalization is for emphasis, not respect

Plus, capitalizing it is very Dostoyevskian.

JohnnyMack
8/3/2006, 10:57 AM
Plus, capitalizing it is very Dostoyevskian.

<makes mental note never to play GHP in Scrabble>

Osce0la
8/3/2006, 11:02 AM
And Arkansas' stud running back injured a toe during a fight outside a Little Rock nightclub after 4 in the morning and is likely missing the season opener against USC.

With a month to go before the season starts, we could see some more off-field incidents from various schools. That original list doesn't stop there.
True, FSU hasn't had any off the field incidents yet this summer...I guess they're waiting so they can get in trouble with less than 1 month before the season starts.

boomersooner28
8/3/2006, 11:07 AM
I just didn't know that Utah State and San Jose State were BCS teams...:P

caphorns
8/3/2006, 11:08 AM
I honestly think you guys are smart enough to see the differences here between having bad kids and a situation involving idiot boosters. I'll leave it at that as I sympathize with you guys here. Hopefully this blows over and OU took all the right steps and actions. And I seriously mean that as I don't want to see the Big XII reputation go the way of the SEC and Florida schools.

Luthor
8/3/2006, 11:14 AM
The reason that none of those players made the ESPN ticker tape is because none of them played for the preseason #1 team. This would obviously be a set back for any team but I think you guys will look back in retrospect and be thankfull that Bomar is gone. He was always going to be high maintenance and on the edge. Stoops (being from the old school) has little tollerance for high maintenance players. The only reason we dodged a bullet with Ramonce Taylor is because he didn't play QB.

bradthebad
8/3/2006, 11:16 AM
R. Taylor was not a member of the team when he was arrested. So you don't know what would have happened otherwise.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 11:18 AM
The reason that none of those players made the ESPN ticker tape is because none of them played for the preseason #1 team. This would obviously be a set back for any team but I think you guys will look back in retrospect and be thankfull that Bomar is gone. He was always going to be high maintenance and on the edge. Stoops (being from the old school) has little tollerance for high maintenance players. The only reason we dodged a bullet with Ramonce Taylor is because he didn't play QB.

Very true, but Taylor did have 15 TD's.

I think the underlying issue is that if NCAA sanctions are brought on OU and not USC nor Ohio State for their stuff then its just a joke of on organization.

Which we allready know...

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 11:20 AM
R. Taylor was not a member of the team when he was arrested. So you don't know what would have happened otherwise.

Umm, its pretty easy to figure out.

Hopefully :mack: wouldn't have let him come back. I actually like Mack Brown, I think he is a genuinely nice guy even though he is a horn

Plano UT
8/3/2006, 01:42 PM
Taylor wasn't coming back after the arrest even if he was found innocent (which is a possiblity since they have no fingerprints on the dope from him but they do have his friends on it).

The kid was/is not smart and had little chance to get grades up to play (if only we had more professors from Auburn)

Plano UT
8/3/2006, 01:44 PM
Oh and the fact that we have three other good runningbacks made Mack's decision a little easier.

Speaking of pot heads, it would have been a tougher decision if it was Ricky or Cedric. Luckily they waited for the pros or only got caught with misdemeanor amounts so that Mack wasn't put in that position.

SOONER44EVER
8/4/2006, 06:16 AM
True, FSU hasn't had any off the field incidents yet this summer...I guess they're waiting so they can get in trouble with less than 1 month before the season starts.
No incidents that we know about.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/4/2006, 06:33 AM
Well isn't Drew Weatherford "God" so basically he can protect FSU now ;)