PDA

View Full Version : Bradford or Thompson???

Crimsontothecore
8/3/2006, 12:25 AM
At first thought it seems sensible to name Paul Thompson as our starting QB. He's been around longer, he has his teamates respect and he has at least taken snaps before. But....if PT plays and Bradford redshirts, we're in the same boat next year. That will be three years straight breaking in a green QB. I say start Bradford and take our lumps this year (again) for the following reasons:
1. As mentioned, Thompson graduates and we're back to square-1 next year.
2. Thompson is probably more valuable as a receiver.
3. If Bradford has this season to develope, It increases the (slim) chances of AD returning for his senior season.
4. Just because.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:26 AM
So................Halzle doesn't even get into the QB race ?

HarrisTubbsFan
8/3/2006, 12:28 AM
It'll be either Thompson or Halzle. Bradford may play in blowouts some and he maybe OU tries to redshirt him but right now he has to get more reps then anyone thought before hand. But he's too raw to play a lot right now. I think Thompson beats out Halzle it should be interesting to watch.

Crimsontothecore
8/3/2006, 12:29 AM
So................Halzle doesn't even get into the QB race ?
Joey is there for mop-up duty only, besides, I fully expect him to fall out the back of a pick-up.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:31 AM
if i were stoops, i honestly think i would start bradford just for the sake of not having to go through these growing pains again. like what's already been said, if we start thompson then he graduates and it's back to square 1. i'd go with bradford

Blue
Joey is there for mop-up duty only, besides, I fully expect him to fall out the back of a pick-up.

Dean says it's 70/30.

BOOMERBRADLEY
Okay I hate to say it, but this is a Whorn kinda post. Expecting Bradford to come in without ever taking a college snap and light the world on fire.

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:33 AM
or, he starts bradford so we sacrifice this year
and then next year when we think our offense is gonna be decent again bradford goes crazy and calls himself jebus and he's gotta take a medical redshirt year and then were back to square one

it needs to be, best player starts - and we should've done that last year
i feel sorry for last years seniors that played on defense - knowing your offense couldnt even throw the ball against tulsa

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:33 AM
Okay I hate to say it, but this is a Whorn kinda post. Expecting Bradford to come in without ever taking a college snap and light the world on fire.
he doesn't have to light the world on fire, he just has to trick the other team into thinking that he's going to

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:34 AM
HA ^

SOONER44EVER
8/3/2006, 12:36 AM
I just wonder if the new OC knows PT can run. Chuck Long sure didn't.

Crimsontothecore
8/3/2006, 12:36 AM
Nope, I expect him to come in and stink it up most of the season like Bomar did. I just think that getting it over with this year is the lesser of two evils. Unless you really think thompson will lead OU to the promised land, I say make the sacrifice this year.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:38 AM
just thought i'd practice inequalities before i go back to school

Kevin Wilson > Chuck Long

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:38 AM
I just wonder if the new OC knows PT can run. Chuck Long sure didn't.
maybe thats cause ena fumbled the ball on the 5 yard line?

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:39 AM
Nope, I expect him to come in and stink it up most of the season like Bomar did. I just think that getting it over with this year is the lesser of two evils. Unless you really think thompson will lead OU to the promised land, I say make the sacrifice this year.

OU football is not about sacrificing anything

its 100% or offseason

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:39 AM
OU football is not about sacrificing anything

its 100% or offseason
well, it shouldnt be anyway

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:40 AM
you can't use ena and fumble in the same sentence (with the exception of this example sentence). it ruins the ena vibe

King Crimson
8/3/2006, 12:42 AM

AD fumbled the ball on the goal line in the Holiday Bowl. i guess he stinks too.

SOONER44EVER
8/3/2006, 12:42 AM
I seem to recall several fumbles by Bomar.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:43 AM
I seem to recall several fumbles by "The Idiot."
fixed:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:43 AM
AD fumbled the ball on the goal line in the Holiday Bowl. i guess he stinks too.

If we still win, then all is forgiven

King Crimson
8/3/2006, 12:47 AM
3. If Bradford has this season to develope, It increases the (slim) chances of AD returning for his senior season.

i don't see the logic here. not any convincing logic that's for sure.

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:49 AM
i'm glad i'm not the only one

Crimsontothecore
8/3/2006, 12:54 AM
The logic is that AD wouldn't want to come back knowing Defenses would just tee off on him due to another greenhorn QB (ie:2005). If he knew he would be playing behind a seasoned QB, he is more likely to return.........ok, maybe you're right, not much logic. Enough of reason #3, see reason #4.:D

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:56 AM
yep, thats exactly what i said
i said paul thompson stinks

you can read it right there on page 1 in big bold letters
"paul thompson stinks"

*and that was a dumb fumble

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:57 AM
yep, thats exactly what i said
i said paul thompson stinks

you can read it right there on page 1 in big bold letters
"paul thompson stinks"

*and that was a dumb fumble

*define smart fumble

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:58 AM
*define smart fumble
good point
but that one was extra crappy

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 01:01 AM
good point
but that one was extra crappy
gotcha;)

King Crimson
8/3/2006, 01:17 AM
as i recall, the TCU guy's helmet hit the ball after PT showed some "make a play with his feet" ability that we'd all heard about. and Chuck was going to use.

i get yer point above egeo. point taken.

SOONER44EVER
8/3/2006, 01:25 AM
*define smart fumble
The Holy Roller. When Kenny Stabler fumbled forward into the endzone on purpose and Dave Casper recovered it for a TD. The rule was changed after that. Thats the only one I can think of.

Soonerman08
8/3/2006, 02:00 AM
People must really not remember Thompson's stats against TCU? He went 11-26 with an interception and no touchdowns....how can so much believed greatness come from absolutely nothing?????