PDA

View Full Version : We will do better this season with him GONE!

soonerguild
8/2/2006, 11:54 PM
Everyone seems to have forgotten that the backbone of this team was gonna be the defense anyways. We will still have the best defense in america and still only need 28 points per game. We still also have the best offensive weapon in the country.

Truth is that anyone who is that selfish would not get us to where we wanted to go. They forgot that it is a privilage to wear the crimson and cream, and put themselves above the university, above the players, and above the program. That is not the type of players we need here anyway.

Bob Stoops has been quoted as saying that the 2000 team was successful because they played like they had something to prove every game. Well we now have something to prove, and we will prove it.

Still goin for 8
BOOMER SOONER

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/2/2006, 11:57 PM
:pop:

goingoneight
8/3/2006, 12:00 AM
Yes but Bob inherited a team that flat-out sucked in 1999. He changed it up Bob-style and filled in the question marks.

Here we have several OL injured, quit, released. We have an ultimate screw job with no one or no thing to blame but greed. We have the NCAA breathing down OUr necks, and we have conference foes drooling at the chance to humiliate us. A few weeks back, they feared us. Now, we're like a crying rabbit with snakes all around us.

The road is very long and just went into bumper-to-bumper traffic. And our wheels just fell off. And we're on the tallest bridge in the world. Okay, so not that bad, but nothing to sneeze at, I assure you...

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:03 AM
we're going to have a great defense, but i think you guys have been throwing around that "best defense in america" phrase too much
no one knows for sure yet

and 28 points is alot for a young offense - how many did we average last year?

Blue
8/3/2006, 12:06 AM
Sweeet..

http://thaizine.com/images/stoned.gif

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:08 AM
i thought i was ready for football season. now, not so much:( i'm gonna be honest, i'm a little nervous

Pieces Hit
8/3/2006, 08:12 AM
No, we won't.

UpNorthCane
8/3/2006, 08:24 AM
^ Good Point

Which do you think would be a better team?

A. A team with an experience QB and a great Defense

or

B. A team with an inexperienced QB and a great Defense

There's no way you guys will do better this season without him. It just sucks to have something like this happen to the team this close to the season!

stoopified
8/3/2006, 08:28 AM
Everyone seems to have forgotten that the backbone of this team was gonna be the defense anyways. We will still have the best defense in america and still only need 28 points per game. We still also have the best offensive weapon in the country.

Truth is that anyone who is that selfish would not get us to where we wanted to go. They forgot that it is a privilage to wear the crimson and cream, and put themselves above the university, above the players, and above the program. That is not the type of players we need here anyway.

Bob Stoops has been quoted as saying that the 2000 team was successful because they played like they had something to prove every game. Well we now have something to prove, and we will prove it.

Still goin for 8
BOOMER SOONERNice thought but reality says we will not improve our play without Bonehead,our integrity yes, but not our play.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/3/2006, 08:51 AM
Nice thought but reality says we will not improve our play without Bonehead,our integrity yes, but not our play.

I do think even some of the biggest OU haters out there would have to acknowledge that Stoops handled it the right way.

There's no way to really know for sure how we would have done this coming year with Bomar as opposed to without. Say he had all the reps in fall practice and blew out his knee in week 3? I think Halzle can do a capable job and I don't put too much stock in one spring game but from a talent perspective I think Bomar could have been as good as anyone in the country.

I still think we will have a damn good team but the diffence between a good and a great season still likes comes down to the game with Hook 'em and instead of having a clear edge at QB it is a coin toss now.