PDA

View Full Version : brett rhomar at airport

buck
8/2/2006, 10:41 PM
I just saw on news 9 bomar at the airport tonite at 9pm picking up his ho...they asked him to comment and he said "no i'm picking up my girlfriend"...the reporter practically begged him to comment but he just walked off with her...this means he's still in town obviously so if you wanna beat his butt maybe you could still find him (sorry if already posted)

Rhino
8/2/2006, 10:43 PM
No reason to namecall on his gf, dude.

Bomar did what OU asked him to do and what he was supposed to do: SHUT HIS MOUTH.

That reporter's actions were bush-league.

buck
8/2/2006, 10:45 PM
true about the girlfriend, its not her fault i'm just frustrated and haven't gotten to vent about this all day...

proudsoonergal
8/2/2006, 10:47 PM
Well, in happy news, we are the top story on ESPN.com. He's the cover boy now.

colleyvillesooner
What would you rather him do? Freak out and say "Oh yeah, well, I'm not the only one!!! Everybody else was doing it!!"

The less Rhett says now, true or not, is a good thing.

badger

Bomar did what OU asked him to do and what he was supposed to do: SHUT HIS MOUTH.

reporters who want to make names for themselves to irrational things. Remember when the rumors were going around that Stoops was going to Cleveland? A reporter knocked on his front door (and whoa, did it make him angry).

Another case I can think of off the top of my head was when a reporter asked Governor of Texas Dubya Bush random questions in a press conference--- what the capitols of different minor countries were. Bush asked her if she knew, and she said "well, i'm not running for president."

so yeah, you'll see some of that.

1991SOONER
8/2/2006, 10:50 PM
Guys, comeon now. (you know who) let us all down....but lets give him some respect after-all he is a human being and not a bad one. Just alittle immature. And really, its not all his fault. Obviously his employer allowed it to happen.

This must be a devastating blow to him and his family...

proudsoonergal
8/2/2006, 10:52 PM
Would somebody please give me a brief rundown of what they are saying on the news about this in OK? DailyOK.com has nothing other than the initial report and an interview with the Hudiburg guy (irony: the commercial before the video was for Hudiburg).

buck
8/2/2006, 11:03 PM
Would somebody please give me a brief rundown of what they are saying on the news about this in OK? DailyOK.com has nothing other than the initial report and an interview with the Hudiburg guy (irony: the commercial before the video was for Hudiburg).
not much else new just dean claiming that AD is definitely not involved in this whole mess and that now we just have to see what type of sanctions might occur and speculating on who might be the new guy...

ChickSoonerFan
8/2/2006, 11:11 PM
So far they seem to be sticking to the basics on the news. Saying the university was the one who did their own internal investigation. Requested a copy of Bomar's tax return and found he had made too much. The investigation went on from there. OU notified the NCAA. The university suspended the players.

A lot of talk on the news about Big Red Sport, how the current owners have guards on the lot tonight. They can't locate the previous manager. Clips from students and Jason White.

I heard this all started cause Peterson was driving around in a Lexus for a few weeks and raised some eyebrows...they started investigating that, found he had done nothing wrong but came across the rest of this.

proudsoonergal
8/2/2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys! Spek!

I read somewhere on one of these threads there is a news conference set tomorrow at 3:00. Is that true? I also read that Boren was going to say something about the media guides, but quite frankly I wasn't sure if the poster was joking or not. Sometimes it is hard to tell tonight.

Blue
8/2/2006, 11:26 PM
Did you say the airport? C'mon guys!

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0306/lynchmob.jpg

Egeo
8/2/2006, 11:57 PM
ya, id fight him, except for that im about 5 or 6 years out of my prime so he'd probably tear me a new one

i just curse him to people i know and through the anonymity of the internet

The Consumate Showman
8/3/2006, 12:11 AM
this thread is funny!

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:12 AM
I'd grab him by his huge neck and hold on for dear life and hopefully choke him

SoonerWood
8/3/2006, 12:27 AM

Too bad he didn't listen the first time OU told him to do something: "Boosters are going to come at you with money from all directions. Don't take the money!" :mad:

Blue
8/3/2006, 12:29 AM

No doubt. Just go to the thread where we're bashing his mom.:cool:

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:32 AM
No doubt. Just go to the thread where we're bashing his mom.:cool:
South Oval or Smack Central?

mrowl
8/3/2006, 05:54 AM
just saw the video online, she will probably break up with him by the end of today. :D

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/3/2006, 06:41 AM
A lot of talk on the news about Big Red Sport, how the current owners have guards on the lot tonight. They can't locate the previous manager.

it was reported on one of the local channels that the previous manager works at fowler (dodge, i believe) in okc. i would be willing to bet his tenure there is short.

cowboys70
8/3/2006, 08:20 AM
Somebody else posted that it wasn't Adrian' car debacle that necessarily started it, but that when the new owners took over BRSI and were going over the books, they found discrepancies and notified the school.

Widescreen
8/3/2006, 09:52 AM
Guys, comeon now. (you know who) let us all down....but lets give him some respect after-all he is a human being and not a bad one. Just alittle immature. And really, its not all his fault. Obviously his employer allowed it to happen.

This must be a devastating blow to him and his family...
You'd make a great defense attorney. I'm tired of people trying to blame the dealership. Rhett is an adult and is responsible for his own actions. He has the ability to say "No, I'm only going to take the money I've earned because this could potentially hurt my future, hurt the university and it's the right thing to do." Instead, he said "Thank you." And yes, it's a devastating blow to him and his family because it's embarrassed them and it's greatly clouded Rhett's future. Many times, actions have consequences - this is one of those times.