PDA

View Full Version : might as well just give up now: every team on the sched. now predicting a W over OU

King Crimson
8/2/2006, 09:06 PM
on their boards:

Colorado
Missouri
Taco Tech
UT
UO
ATM
etc.

badger
8/2/2006, 09:06 PM
you sadden me.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 09:08 PM
on their boards:

Colorado
Missouri
Taco Tech
UT
UO
ATM
etc.

rofl miss??? really?

i could put my 10 yo under center and beat them me thinks.....

critical_phil
8/2/2006, 09:08 PM
you sadden me.

taco tech=funny

Crimson Kid
8/2/2006, 09:10 PM
Let them all think were down now, just the way i like it.

badger
8/2/2006, 09:12 PM
this reminds me of when i used to visit the star wars message boards. everybody thought they were breaking news when the fanboys knew the entire movie six months before it was released.

Newbie: Anakin falls in lava, lol!
Fanboy: STFU.

And such is the case with sooner football:

Newbie: OU is screwed, lol!
Sooner: :mad:

sooneron
8/2/2006, 09:14 PM
I will barf all over Teddy Roosevelt's birthplace if we lose to misery.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 09:15 PM
this reminds me of when i used to visit the star wars message boards. everybody thought they were breaking news when the fanboys knew the entire movie six months before it was released.

Newbie: Anakin falls in lava, lol!
Fanboy: STFU.

And such is the case with sooner football:

Newbie: OU is screwed, lol!
Sooner: :mad:

texas fan: you guys are gonna get prison raped beotches!!!1

Jello: don't make me choke you blind

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2006, 09:15 PM
I am still very optimistic. I think the team will rally around Halzle and they will go out of their way to protect him. I think Heupel is helping with basic reads and just the general adapting to speed. I think Stoops will remove the chains from around Wilson and tell him to be aggressive. You will see lots of slip screens and things that can get the ball out of Halze's hands quicker. The Big 12 isn't ultra strong so...we still have the ball in our court to win the Big 12. There is no way that Halzle fumbles more than Bomar at least ;)

sooneron
8/2/2006, 09:16 PM
I am still very optimistic. I think the team will rally around Halzle and they will go out of their way to protect him. I think Heupel is helping with basic reads and just the general adapting to speed. I think Stoops will remove the chains from around Wilson and tell him to be aggressive. You will see lots of slip screens and things that can get the ball out of Halze's hands quicker. The Big 12 isn't ultra strong so...we still have the ball in our court to win the Big 12. There is no way that Halzle fumbles more than Bomar at least ;)
Please tell me you were knocking on wood when you typed that!

King Crimson
8/2/2006, 09:17 PM
rofl miss??? really?

i could put my 10 yo under center and beat them me thinks.....

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=3740336

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 09:21 PM
http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=3740336

rofl what an effen train wreck....

did you see what they posted about our qbs? the sad part is our qbs down to the very last one is better than anything they have on campus. playing or not.

BudSooner
8/2/2006, 09:21 PM
Screw the other teams, they have skeletons in their own closets just waiting to be picked by the NCAA.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2006, 09:22 PM
No..it isn't humanly possible to fumble as much as Bomar :p

King Crimson
8/2/2006, 09:22 PM
did you see what they posted about our qbs? the sad part is our qbs down to the very last one is better than anything they have on campus. playing or not.

i'm not sure about that. the Chase Daniels kid outta Texas was pretty highly regarded. but we ought to still whip they ***...

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 09:25 PM
you know whats funny to me is the big xii fans have been telling me for some time that ou's O has no power because our line is weak and bomar was worthless last year now all i have heard is the fact that we are going to suck real bad because boamr is gone. so if we lose him wouldn't we automatically be better? im confused..... a qb matters but as long as the game plan is smart, we can win it all with an inferior qb......agreed or no?

nativesooner
8/2/2006, 09:25 PM
lol...who cares...the only ones that can claim they may win now would be Texas and Oregon...A&M will actually need to start playing before they can talk smack...

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 09:28 PM
lol...who cares...the only ones that can claim they may win now would be Texas and Oregon...A&M will actually need to start playing before they can talk smack...

neh......im not confident that oregon can score much on us......im also not sold on the fact that they can stop our running game. especially since they lost the two big arsed samoans on the dline.

critical_phil
8/2/2006, 09:32 PM
..... a qb matters but as long as the game plan is smart, we can win it all with an inferior qb......agreed or no?

:mack: let me answer that one for TCU :mack:

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 10:15 PM
:mack: let me answer that one for TCU :mack:

i said as long as the gameplan is smart.........

Sooner_75
8/2/2006, 10:16 PM
We can still take Baylor ;)

Statalyzer
8/2/2006, 10:59 PM
every team on the sched. now predicting a W over OU

That is pretty dumb honestly. Everybody that OU was a clear favorite to beat, they are still a clear favorite to beat with Thompson at QB in my opinion.

Sure, everyone's chances went up a little since Thompson is out of practice at QB, but there wasn't much a gap between the two QBs last year - Stoops just decided to do the unusual thing and pick one right away when neither had proven himself better than the other. Disadvantage is Thompson gets out of practice. Advantage is no season-long QB shuffle, letting the offense achieve more consistency.

With the average coach, Thompson and Bomar would have been splitting time all year long and (most likely) neither guy would have been the clear-cut starter right now.

Egeo
8/3/2006, 12:00 AM
the only problem is if thompson is moved to qb is last year becomes giant freaking waste of time
that and we lose a starting wideout - but maybe iglacias (sp) can start (but i like him as a slot guy)

and you said last year they were neck and neck - but with all the snaps bomar got at qb while pt was at wr
bomar had a definite advantage at qb for 2006