PDA

View Full Version : Hell if Big Red Sports can just **** away money

usmc-sooner
8/2/2006, 09:04 PM
shouldn't they be able to drop a few off the sticker prices of their cars?

Seriously if they can pay college kids for nothing they sure as hell ought to be able to drop their sticker prices.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2006, 09:08 PM
That may be why Hudiburg bought them...they obviously weren't turning huge profit ;)

Okla-homey
8/2/2006, 09:09 PM
They must have a website.

I declare...

durka, durka jihaad! It is the will of Allah!

usmc-sooner
8/2/2006, 09:39 PM
seriously though,
people bitch and complain about oil and gas prices yet car dealers are throwing their money away for this crap,

I'm thinking if you got the money to give away to college kids, you can afford to come down off the sticker price.

Boarder
8/2/2006, 09:49 PM
Sticker price of a Kia? What is it...10 bucks? How much more you want them to come down?

:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/2/2006, 09:55 PM
Sticker price of a Kia? What is it...10 bucks? How much more you want them to come down?

:DBut. . .but. . . they are foreign, so they must be good!! Plus you get a bajillion mile warranty on them.

KaiserSooner
8/2/2006, 10:24 PM
Frankly, I'm more ****ed at Big Red and the mulleted a$$hat than I am at Bomar. While both should have known better, Bomar is, what, 19 or 20?

On the other hand, those sh!ts who used to manage Big Red are adults who blatantly put the football program in danger. Too, didn't these guys at Big Red remember the troubles of the late 80s? Jesus, what the hell made them think they'd get away with throwing coin at a star quarterback???

:mad:

I'm so mad at this point, I feel as if this Brad McRae sh!thead and his people should be hanged and strung up, a la Mussolini style.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 10:27 PM
The kind of stupidity that Bomar has shown doesn't go away with age.

KaiserSooner
8/2/2006, 10:33 PM
So, Brad McRae was just as brainless at 19 as he is in middle age?

I don't doubt it.

ChickSoonerFan
8/2/2006, 10:40 PM
I'm sure you guys all know this but the current owners and managers had nothing to do with what went on last summer.

Just sayin.

It sucks big time for the new owners.

Big. Time.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 11:04 PM
I feel bad for car dealers.

And lawyers.

Sorry, it was somebody else I felt bad for.

My mistake.

Sooner in Tampa
8/3/2006, 06:44 AM
I'm sure you guys all know this but the current owners and managers had nothing to do with what went on last summer.

Just sayin.

It sucks big time for the new owners.

Big. Time.I read that McRae is now working for Fowler Dodge. I cannot confirm, but if I were them...I might re-think that one.

:pop:

Osce0la
8/3/2006, 07:13 AM
To answer the original question...Why do you think they charge so much for their cars? They have to make up for the money they're giving away to these players...Easiest way to make up for lost money, charge too much for the cars...It's probably not that they have so much money that they can give it away to players, it's probably more that they're losing so much money giving it to the players so they have to raise sticker prices.

soonerjoker
8/3/2006, 08:34 AM
dealers don't raise sticker prices.

mdklatt
8/3/2006, 08:42 AM
dealers don't raise sticker prices.

They decide how much to come down from the sticker price, though. And how hard to **** you during financing.

Osce0la
8/3/2006, 09:33 AM
To anyone who bought a car from BRSI, Rhett Bomar says thanks for paying his salary.

soonerjoker
8/4/2006, 10:56 AM
mdklatt
i only said they didn't change the "stickers". sometimes sell for "more than sticker".

soonerjoker
8/5/2006, 10:11 AM
it is their job to get every last dime that you have or will ever have.

OklahomaTuba
8/5/2006, 10:56 AM
The secret is to research the invoice price and avoid a car salesman altogether.

Just shaking the guys hand on the lot ups the price by 10% probably.

OklahomaTuba
8/5/2006, 10:59 AM
I read this recently, and thought it was interesting. Long read but pretty good.

Confessions of a Car Salesman

Introduction

What really goes on in the back rooms of car dealerships across America?

What does the car salesman do when he leaves you sitting in a sales office and goes to talk with his boss?

What are the tricks salespeople use to increase their profit and how can consumers protect themselves from overpaying?

These were the questions we, the editors at Edmunds.com, wanted to answer for our readers. But how could they really know that our information was accurate and up-to-date? Finally, we came up with the idea of hiring an investigative reporter to work in the industry and experience, firsthand, the life of a car salesman.

We hired Chandler Phillips, a veteran journalist, to go undercover by working at two new car dealerships in the Los Angeles area. First, he would work at a high-volume, high-pressure dealership selling Japanese cars. Then, he'd change over to a smaller car lot that sold domestic cars at "no haggle" prices.

We invite you to read the following account of Phillips' day-to-day experience on the car lots. Doing so will broaden your understanding of the dealership sales process. It will also cast a new light on the role of the car salesman. And, finally, it will help you get a better deal — and avoid hidden charges — the next time you go to buy or lease a new car.

Read, learn and enjoy.

— The editors at Edmunds.comhttp://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html

yermom
8/5/2006, 12:16 PM
mdklatt
i only said they didn't change the "stickers". sometimes sell for "more than sticker".

if you pay over sticker, there better be a damn good reason for it...

generally if you are paying sticker price, you are getting screwed

sanantoniosooner
8/5/2006, 01:25 PM
generally if you are paying sticker price, you are getting screwed
If you are paying to stick'er, you are getting screwed

soonerjoker
8/7/2006, 12:03 PM
try to find a Zo6 or a ford GT (if there are any left) for "sticker".

lots of folks want to be 1st on their block to have the newest model; &
will pay over "sticker".

wait til new camaros come out.

i've never done it, i'm too tight.

they were charging "over sticker" on 2005 vettes when they 1st came out.
you just have to wait a while, then prices drop.

1stTimeCaller
8/7/2006, 12:05 PM
they were also selling PT Cruisers over sticker when they first came out.

yermom
8/7/2006, 12:34 PM
i said "generally"

i paid sticker for my car when i bought it, i was on a waiting list for like 6 months ;)

remember the sticker on the new Beetle when they came out? if i remember right, they were 14-16k but then demand went nuts and people were paying more for them

mdklatt
8/7/2006, 12:51 PM
remember the sticker on the new Beetle when they came out? if i remember right, they were 14-16k but then demand went nuts and people were paying more for them

'Mos have lots of disposable income.