PDA

View Full Version : My drunken thoughts on the state of OU football

Octavian
8/2/2006, 08:59 PM
Some of you have been acting like aggies all day long....

The player who shall not be named is gone.....forever. He won no Heisman. He never won a national championship. He never lead his team to a conference championship. He never even won his own division.

He's not a has-been. He's a never-was. His life now is surely worse than the vast majority of people who have read and/or posted on this board and other sports boards across the nation today.

So be it. He chose it.

Oklahoma, meanwhile, must....and can.....move on. (Hell, this wouldn't be such a big story unless it was the quarterback for Oklahoma).

Unless you were born before the Great Depression, there's no other program in your lifetime that's been more successful than Oklahoma.

We've overcome more than this in the past. We'll be okay.

Are we gonna win a national title in '06? No.
Are we gonna win a conference title? Probably not....
hell, we maybe lucky to get out of this whole affair w/ being elligible to play in post-season bowl games.

After the NCAA suits poke around for a year or so, we may be lucky to retain our coach.

But we're still Oklahoma. We'll still fly seven (completely legitimate) national championship flags, we'll still boast of hundreds of All-Americans and more than our fair share of Heisman winners, we'll still be able to say we're the most successful program of any of our lifetimes....

and that's okay w/ me.

And as for that guy who found out today that he completely ruined his own hopes and dreams?

Unfortunately, even at Oklahoma we have a category for him too: Rhett (I'll go ahead and type his name now), meet Joe Don, Marcus, and King Charles.

Sorry, man. It's too bad. OU football will go on w/out you.

Given your track record, I'm worried you won't be able to do the same.

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 09:00 PM
Where the hell were you tonight when I was taking abuse in Baltimore?

badger
8/2/2006, 09:01 PM
Oh noooooo, not another thread...

sooneron
8/2/2006, 09:02 PM
I'm drinking too.

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 09:04 PM
I'm drinking too.

Yeah, but you're a no-account liberal living in New York. If I were you, I'd be ****faced every night.

Big Red Ron
You go girl!

Octavian

first day away from the comp since my car wreck and this is the **** you hillbillies leave me w/?

Baltimore's a good city to be in if you're wallowing in self-pity ;)

(but I'm back in God's Country now)

Octavian
8/2/2006, 09:09 PM
Oh noooooo, not another thread...

don't start w/ me, girl....I've been gone all day and I'm lookin to take it out on somebody. ;)

And really, since I'm sure none of you read my post (I wouldnt have read yours) you should now.

No really, go do it. ;)

badger
8/2/2006, 09:10 PM
i've read it. i read fast. it's part of my day job that forced me to forego the message board news and to go directly to the source.

sooneron
8/2/2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, but you're a no-account liberal living in New York. If I were you, I'd be ****faced every night.
My bank disagrees, I'm a limousine liberal and it's hot as bejeezus up here! BTW I was against the Kucinich bill on big oil.

sooneron
8/2/2006, 09:12 PM
and Baltimore succs

BudSooner
8/2/2006, 09:12 PM
Now this is a good thread!

Okla-homey
8/2/2006, 09:25 PM
"Coulda woulda shoulda" is what I do when I'm drowning my sorrows. I just wish OU had taken a longer look at Paul Smith from Owasso. That kid is now unquestionably, the best collegiate QB in Oklahoma.

badger
8/2/2006, 09:26 PM
i like jason white.
http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/football/ncaa/12/13/white.heisman.ap/p1_sooners_ap.jpg

Okla-homey
8/2/2006, 09:28 PM
i like jason white.
http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/football/ncaa/12/13/white.heisman.ap/p1_sooners_ap.jpg

Oh, I still wear my #18 jersey, but JW has no eligibility left.;)

JohnnyMack
8/2/2006, 09:28 PM

I take it the fleet's in town?

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 09:29 PM
I take it the fleet's in town?

Minus you, sailor.

JohnnyMack
8/2/2006, 09:30 PM
Minus you, sailor.

I'm not in B-More until Nov.

But I am wearing a sailor hat right now.

Weird.

badger
8/2/2006, 09:30 PM
i think he's cute:
http://vmedia.rivals.com//IMAGES/Player/photo/MCEACHEARN,%20HAYS.JPG

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not in B-More until Nov.

But I am wearing a sailor hat right now.

Weird.

Go on......

Snrfn4ever08
8/2/2006, 09:36 PM
rhett bomar is an idiot. let's face it. and for anyone on here that trys to bring the "he's young and made a mistake" card, you're wrong. he made three mistakes. he had a lot of different chances to turn around his rep. he was always in the news for all the wrong reasons. now he's betrayed his teammates, fans, coaches, and himself. he's the biggest waste of talent i've ever seen in my lifetime. he had the potential to be so great yet he screwed it up. as the rest of us have to live with the consequences of our actions, whether it be in scrutiny or in guilt, he should have to live with his for the rest of his life. maybe someday he'll have kids and have to tell them the story of how daddy messed up everything he had going for him in life by making stupid, immature decisions. i'm sorry, but i don't think his youth should be an excuse. i'm 16 years old and i'm fairly confident that at this point in my life, had i been in his position, i woul've been able to handle myself much better than he handled himself. i don't understand why some people take up for him by acknowledging that everyone makes mistakes. yea, we do, but we also have to pay the price

JohnnyMack
8/2/2006, 10:11 PM
Go on......

It's light blue, with a little sailboat on it......

Hey, you should go to Della Notte while you're there.

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 10:17 PM
It's light blue, with a little sailboat on it......

Hey, you should go to Della Notte while you're there.

Dude, I'm up here almost every week. I've eaten there a half-dozen times now. Good ****, but there's a bunch of joints in Little Italy as good - for half the price. Try Chiaparelli's. Or Ameche's. Or the Olive Grove. Good schtuff for sure.

Statalyzer
8/2/2006, 11:05 PM
The player who shall not be named is gone.....forever. He won no Heisman. He never won a national championship. He never lead his team to a conference championship. He never even won his own division.

He's not a has-been. He's a never-was

Funny, that's what us Horns have been saying about him and you all said we were wrong up until today.

Suddenly most of the fans (yes, on both sides) have switched positions.

Last 6 months:
UT fan: Bomar can't pass and isn't a leader, he will lead OU nowhere
OU fan: Bomar has steadily improved and is ready to take this team to the top

Today:
UT fan: Oh man, this is great, OU will really miss Bomar, they are in trouble
OU fan: He never won anything and and was mediocre. No big loss.

picasso
8/2/2006, 11:10 PM
Funny, that's what us Horns have been saying about him and you all said we were wrong up until today.

Last 6 months:

Today:
not me Horn. I thought he had much potential and so did many a former player.
you Horns were just still ****ed he came here, ala Tommie Harris.

westcoast_sooner
8/2/2006, 11:49 PM
Looks like I picked a bad day to stop drinking

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/2/2006, 11:52 PM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

Snrfn4ever08
8/2/2006, 11:55 PM

Last 6 months:

Today:
good, look who's back again to ruin another thread:rolleyes:

TheGodfather889
8/3/2006, 12:02 AM
rhett bomar is an idiot. let's face it. and for anyone on here that trys to bring the "he's young and made a mistake" card, you're wrong. he made three mistakes. he had a lot of different chances to turn around his rep. he was always in the news for all the wrong reasons. now he's betrayed his teammates, fans, coaches, and himself. he's the biggest waste of talent i've ever seen in my lifetime. he had the potential to be so great yet he screwed it up. as the rest of us have to live with the consequences of our actions, whether it be in scrutiny or in guilt, he should have to live with his for the rest of his life. maybe someday he'll have kids and have to tell them the story of how daddy messed up everything he had going for him in life by making stupid, immature decisions. i'm sorry, but i don't think his youth should be an excuse. i'm 16 years old and i'm fairly confident that at this point in my life, had i been in his position, i woul've been able to handle myself much better than he handled himself. i don't understand why some people take up for him by acknowledging that everyone makes mistakes. yea, we do, but we also have to pay the price
<Round of applause>

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:09 AM
<Round of applause>
thanks for the support:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/3/2006, 12:10 AM
I liked it as well.

I cant give you any more spek though

Snrfn4ever08
8/3/2006, 12:13 AM
I liked it as well.

I cant give you any more spek though
i can't give you any either. ymssra

TheGodfather889
8/3/2006, 02:09 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Snrfn4ever08 again.

Octavian
8/3/2006, 04:24 AM

Last 6 months:

Today:

Apparently you didn't read the rest of my post where I laid out my expectations for this year.

There's a reason this site had over 500 registered users simultaneously on-line and ESPN featured the Bomar-less OU on the front page of their website.....it's a huge loss. The way in which it happened makes it even bigger.

I think that's pretty obvious.

That doesn't negate my post.

OU > anyone other program that's laced em up since the Hoover Administration.

We'll eventually rebound and flourish again...you know we will.

OU is better off w/out Rhett than Rhett is w/out OU.

JLB
8/3/2006, 04:40 AM
My thoughts on OU football before I head to work.We will never really
know how much money Bomar stands to make off of Longhorn boosters for this debacle.
And I hope I dont have to relive the 90s Sooner football teams all over again.
That was really ****ty times.

The_Red_Patriot
8/5/2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&page=1&forum_id=5

Memories

stoopified
8/6/2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&page=1&forum_id=5

MemoriesMemories,my a$$.Nightmares would be the proper term.

badger
8/6/2010, 01:25 PM
Are we gonna win a conference title? Probably not....

I made Herr the Horn and Hskrgrl pay for that one afterward. Some think avatar bets are lame, but before bedl@m and before the "lone start showdown," that's a lame name too btw, I made the bet with all three of us involved.

ENA came through, our defense came through (remember that awful time-stopping Poke pass that fell incomplete in the orange endzone?), as did Fran Fran's Aggies, happy 12-7 day, over the whorns

Big Red Ron
8/22/2010, 01:30 PM
The only bad thing about Bomar leaving so soon is that we would have Sammy B playing this year. However, fear the stache!

Tigeman
8/22/2010, 02:34 PM
What I can't figure out is how are the Aggies breaking this crap? That's like the 4th or 5th thing I've seen them break a few months before it actually happens.

Are they that insecure about their program, that they spend their time hunting down other programs?

The funny thing is, the guy who usually breaks something gets slaughtered on their boards.... lol.