PDA

View Full Version : Please STFU

XingTheRubicon
8/2/2006, 07:42 PM
We've had one savant suggest throwing cinder blocks through BRSI's window....and another stating that people in Southern Oklahoma should get their shotguns ready and look for Rhett heading south.

1. Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn did something stupid.

2. A booster did something stupid.

There is no reason to villify them for it. We don't even know these people, and we don't know exactly what happened and why.

Believe me, these 3 people will feel the consequences for their actions for the rest of their lives.

I'm a fan of Rhett and JD because they chose to be Sooners. I am disappointed with what seems to have taken place, but that's where it needs to end. The booster? Don't know the guy.

The horn and aggie boards are celebrating like the Castro section of San Francisco on Gay Day. That's what losers do. Let's not join them.

Stoops is making a very clear statement with his actions compared to Tressel suspending Troy Smith for one game for accepting "gifts." We're damn lucky to have Bob and everyone should probably start focusing on what we do have right about now.

usmc-sooner
8/2/2006, 07:44 PM
your posts always give me warm fuzzies :D

Sooner-N-KS
8/2/2006, 07:46 PM
There is no reason to villify them for it. We don't even know these people, and we don't know exactly what happened and why.

We know that whatever they did, and why they did it, they royally screwed our football team.

I'm not for shooting him or anything, but I don't think a nice big wedgie on his way across the Red River would be out of place.

olevetonahill
8/2/2006, 07:46 PM
Well said

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 07:47 PM
I'm cool with Bob.

My loyalty to the other two is severed, though it's not worth a lot of time wasted on them.

Doesn't mean that all the steam is blown yet either.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 07:48 PM
your posts always give me warm chubbies :D

me TWO

as a person who has been in the same situation, it is not easy facing people. lets not make it harder for them. they WILL be living with it for a long time. it took a stint in the army for me to get over MOST of it. they will learn from this mistake and be stronger humna beings for it.......

crzykillernut
8/2/2006, 07:49 PM
Stoops is making a very clear statement with his actions compared to Tressel suspending Troy Smith for one game for accepting "gifts." We're damn lucky to have Bob and everyone should probably start focusing on what we do have right about now.

Let us see. Smith was suspended two games (check your facts) for a $500 handshake. At USC you can take $13,000 if it's paid by the father of the QB who throws you TDs. Bomar works 5 hours a week for 52 weeks per year at, lets say $10 per hour, but claims $18,000. That's overpayment of about $15,400.

Assuming a precedent rate set by Ohio State of 1 game missed for every $250. That's 61 games for Mr. Bomar. There aren't that many games left in his career. In fact, that's a college career and a half.

I would say that the punishment at Oklahoma and Ohio State are proportional. Now lets see what happens at USC.

OUHOMER
8/2/2006, 07:52 PM
I agree to a point and I will calm down in a day or two. But right now I am ****ed. It would not hurt my feelings if somebody shaved mullethead :D

FaninAma
8/2/2006, 07:59 PM
Let us see. Smith was suspended two games (check your facts) for a $500 handshake. At USC you can take $13,000 if it's paid by the father of the QB who throws you TDs. Bomar works 5 hours a week for 52 weeks per year at, lets say $10 per hour, but claims $18,000. That's overpayment of about $15,400.

Assuming a precedent rate set by Ohio State of 1 game missed for every $250. That's 61 games for Mr. Bomar. There aren't that many games left in his career. In fact, that's a college career and a half.

I would say that the punishment at Oklahoma and Ohio State are proportional. Now lets see what happens at USC.

And you conveniently overlook the whole booster gifts to Maurice Claurett saga but that's OK because apparently so did the NCAA.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 08:05 PM
And you conveniently overlook the whole booster gifts to Maurice Claurett saga but that's OK because apparently so did the NCAA.

yeh....he got ya on that. i don't think we want to talk about the whole THE osu deal....it'll prolly get ugly

crzykillernut
8/2/2006, 08:05 PM

The same Maurice Clarett who lied to police officers about stolen items from his car, took it upon his prima donna self to SUE the nfl for early entry, committed robbery at gun point, failed to pay his lawyers, and a litany of other offenses.

Yet, you're willing to take his word on anything? "Why yes your honor, Mr. Clarett sounds like a very credible witness indeed!" YEAH RIGHT.

Nothing was proven. We were investigated twice. We self-reported on Troy Smith. Don't you think if there was something to find, the NCAA would have found it? They found a few things on women's basketball, and the whole NCAA Men's bball thing.... But Tressel is doing his best to run a clean ship.

I don't want to turn this into a ****ing match; Just wanted to defend Jim. Bob is an ohio boy and he's doing a standup job. Don't diss Tressel though - in both cases the punishment fits the crime. Lets hope the other players from both of our teams, and both of our boosters, learn the proverbial lesson this time around.

JLB
8/2/2006, 08:06 PM
Rhett will turn into a wife beatin wearing alcoholic.Bet on it.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 08:08 PM
The same Maurice Clarett who lied to police officers about stolen items from his car, took it upon his prima donna self to SUE the nfl for early entry, committed robbery at gun point, failed to pay his lawyers, and a litany of other offenses.

Yet, you're willing to take his word on anything? "Why yes your honor, Mr. Clarett sounds like a very credibly witness indeed!" YEAH RIGHT.

Nothing was proven. We were investigated twice. We self-reported on Troy Smith. Don't you think if there was something to find, the NCAA would have found it? They found a few things on women's basketball, and the whole NCAA Men's bball thing.... But Tressel is doing his best to run a clean ship.

I don't want to turn this into a ****ing match; Just wanted to defend Jim. Bob is an ohio boy and he's doing a standup job. Don't diss Tressel though - in both cases the punishment fit the crime. Lets hope the other players from both of our teams, and both of our boosters, learn the proverbial lesson this time around.

mmmhmmm clean ship? like clarrett just "mysterously" turned into a friggin head case over his freshman year in college.....i remembered thinking about hart lee dykes when the whole recruiting process for maurice was going on.....

stoops almost threw wes simms off the team before he ever came to OU for throwing a water baloon off the back of the stadium or something like that......am i right or did i dream that?

usmc-sooner
8/2/2006, 08:12 PM
dude if you think Clarrett was anywhere near being academically eligible during his time at tosu, you are probably smoking the same crack pipe as him.

Macanudo
8/2/2006, 08:16 PM
The horn and aggie boards are celebrating like the Castro section of San Francisco on Gay Day. That's what losers do. Let's not join them.

Actually, it's been more like Greenwich Village.

tulsaoilerfan
8/2/2006, 08:17 PM
Ah hell, just a few folks blowing off some steam; no harm there

crzykillernut
8/2/2006, 08:17 PM
If there was something that obvious to be found; they would have found it after 2 investigations.

Little things? Maybe they slip by. But if there was a gross lack of institutional control, teachers giving grades, etc -- they'd of found it. Hell, President Holbrook being the old snobby wh*ore she is probably would of turned maurice and him in herself.

I'm not saying the NCAA would of dropped the death penalty, but they would have definitely found atleast evidence of SOMETHING.

At any rate, OSU has faced their demons. Clarett is the crowned prince of NCAA Screw-Ups. Hell, even ESPN has reconsidered their position on the "OSU" thing -- since everythnig Maurice has done in the meantime.

At any rate, I wouldn't be suprised if OU was re-investigated. Wasn't the program looked into over AP and a car? And it was found to be clean -- with no improper benefits. And now this surfaces?

They'll be back.

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 08:18 PM

Yet, you're willing to take his word on anything? "Why yes your honor, Mr. Clarett sounds like a very credible witness indeed!" YEAH RIGHT.

I don't want to turn this into a ****ing match; Just wanted to defend Jim. Bob is an ohio boy and he's doing a standup job. Don't diss Tressel though - in both cases the punishment fits the crime. Lets hope the other players from both of our teams, and both of our boosters, learn the proverbial lesson this time around.

Umm dude, Tressel had a decent amount of issues previous to THEEEE OSU. He was toeing the line quite a bit, similar to what is going on now at THEEEE OSU. Myles Brand will always remember his roots so the Big 10 is safe as long as he is in charge. Notice that you left off the grade fixing that was identified, not by Slo Mo, but by ONE OF THEEE OSU's OWN PROFESSORS.

Now, THEEE OSU fans should go back to a Bucknut board and discuss the payment that THEEEE OSU has to make to former basketball coach Jim O'Brien, who blatantly broke NCAA rules and who THEEE OSU couldn't fire properly for such action. Let's see, men's basketball, women's basketball, grade fixing, money payments - sounds a little like lack of institutional control. To anybody by Myles Brand that is.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/ncaa/08/02/bc.bkc.ohiost.coachlaws.ap/t1_obrien_ap.jpg

badger
8/2/2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.fireball20xl.com/stfu.jpg

crzykillernut
8/2/2006, 08:23 PM
- sounds a little like lack of institutional control.

Ahhh.. if ignorance were bliss......

At any rate, seeing as you all recruited an upper classmen JUCO QB, makes me wonder how long OU knew that this was going on. I mean, why would someone transfer in to sit behind a soph?

We'll see what the NCAA digs up after they come back and reinvestigate you all.

Yah.. Bball had its problems. O'Brien is the definition of scummy bastard if there ever was one. Never liked the guy. Matta, now there's a stand-up character.

At any rate, I'm sure you should stop worrying about OSU and focus on your current problems. Throwing mud is the easy thing to do to make yourself stop thinking about the way your season is slipping away, I know... But I'd hope you'd hold yourself to higher behavior.

I never commented on how clean of a program you ran, on your coach, or anything -- I even commended stoops. The only thing I did was defend my coach.

You want to start throwing mud, I can roll. I'd eventually get banned and I'd hate for that to happen; I always check in and read the posts on this board. But if you're going to be 5 years old, so be it.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 08:29 PM
My dad can whip your dad.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 08:30 PM
You want to start throwing mud, I can roll. I'd eventually get banned and I'd hate for that to happen; I always check in and read the posts on this board. But if you're going to be 5 years old, so be it.

:pop:

usmc-sooner
8/2/2006, 08:31 PM
not to mention the refs blew the call and gave tosu the game against the u.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 08:33 PM

bring it....

don't sing it......

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 08:34 PM
Ahhh.. if ignorance were bliss......

At any rate, seeing as you all recruited an upper classmen JUCO QB, makes me wonder how long OU knew that this was going on. I mean, why would someone transfer in to sit behind a soph?

We'll see what the NCAA digs up after they come back and reinvestigate you all.

Yah.. Bball had its problems. O'Brien is the definition of scummy bastard if there ever was one. Never liked the guy. Matta, now there's a stand-up character.

At any rate, I'm sure you should stop worrying about OSU and focus on your current problems. Throwing mud is the easy thing to do to make yourself stop thinking about the way your season is slipping away, I know... But I'd hope you'd hold yourself to higher behavior.

I never commented on how clean of a program you ran, on your coach, or anything -- I even commended stoops. The only thing I did was defend my coach.

Umm, you are the one coming over here. Now go home little boy. Run, run fast. THEEE OSU is calling you.

And I think Norm is baning trolls like you today regardless. You do know that you can troll without having an account? I know that fourth grade was the best three years of your life, but you had to have learned SOMETHING.

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 08:37 PM
Umm, you are the one coming over here. Now go home little boy. Run, run fast. THEEE OSU is calling you.

And I think Norm is baning trolls like you today regardless. You do know that you can troll without having an account? I know that fourth grade was the best three years of your life, but you had to have learned SOMETHING.

he's lucky my cat isn't givin him/her the evil eye.....hey where the fugg my cat go????

Jello Biafra
8/2/2006, 08:46 PM
We've had one savant suggest throwing cinder blocks through BRSI's window....and another stating that people in Southern Oklahoma should get their shotguns ready and look for Rhett heading south.

1. Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn did something stupid.

2. A booster did something stupid.

Believe me, these 3 people will feel the consequences for their actions for the rest of their lives.

I'm a fan of Rhett and JD because they chose to be Sooners. I am disappointed with what seems to have taken place, but that's where it needs to end. The booster? Don't know the guy.

I say we blame it on NickZepp.......im sure he had something to do with it...

crzykillernut
8/2/2006, 08:51 PM

Ah.. And IOU is calling you. Or is it Get Paid (Sooner)? The Oklahoma Fumers? Or does that dealership sell green ethanol cars? If I were a longhorn fan, I could stop with all the OU SUX comments; i'd have to start up OU BUX. I mean.... Hell, if I was a booster I'd be slipping thousands of dollars to a QB who had a 1:1 td/int ratio as well. Makes ya wonder what Peterson is getting eh? He'd be better off taking a fall and entering the draft -- better than running behind that patchwork line with a JUCO QB who's favorite receiver is on the defense.

Illegal Benefits? OU Know it!

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 08:52 PM
Cya later tard.

badger
8/2/2006, 08:53 PM
Ah.. And IOU is calling you. Or is it Get Paid (Sooner)? The Oklahoma Fumers? Or does that dealership sell green ethanol cars? If I were a longhorn fan, I could stop with all the OU SUX comments; i'd have to start up OU BUX. I mean.... Hell, if I was a booster I'd be slipping thousands of dollars to a QB who had a 1:1 td/int ratio as well. Makes ya wonder what Peterson is getting eh? He'd be better off taking a fall and entering the draft -- better than running behind that patchwork line with a JUCO QB who's favorite receiver is on the defense.

Illegal Benefits? OU Know it!
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/user_images/pics/1/8452000/ngbbs4431ed357a017.jpg

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 08:53 PM
I am a flaming homo from Ohio! I like men. Young men who do stupid things. Does anybody have Rhett's number? No, then I think I'll just banish my own galdamn self.

Say goodnight nutboy.

JiuJitsuSooner
8/2/2006, 09:08 PM
KillerNut,

You want to talk about "BENEFITS"? Why is Albert Dukes still be on "THE ohio state football" team after forcing a 13 year girl to have sex with him????

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 10:21 PM
Ohio State fans. Nuts. I guess it is true, you are what you eat.