PDA

View Full Version : Lets look in the mirror here guys!!

Collier11
8/2/2006, 06:36 PM
First let me say, What Bomar did was selfish, idiotic, and hurt alot of people alot more than he will probably ever know. That being said, the kid made a mistake...remember he is a 21 year old kid who went out, got full of himself and he is paying a huge price for it. Im not asking you guys to support him or give him the benefit of the doubt or anything like that, just realize that people make mistakes and he has his whole life to live with this and try to do something with himself. Lets not kick the guy while he is down, heaven knows ive made my share of mistakes

oufan1
8/2/2006, 06:43 PM
While what Bomar did was wrong it is sad that the people ( mcrae) on the paying end dont get any punishment

Collier11
8/2/2006, 06:45 PM
What is sad is the phone, email, and facebook messages that bomar is recieving. We should be bigger than this, if anyone has facebook go on his account and look at what some of the students are saying to them as if theyve never done anything stupid!!

Soonerfan88
8/2/2006, 06:46 PM
Sorry, I'll continue to kick. 21 isn't a kid, especially in today's world. I learned early in life that the world doesn't revolve around me and there are consequences for the decisions I make. My mistakes have affected me and my future and only disappointed my parents. He knew exactly what he was doing and didn't care as long as he got paid.

Miko
8/2/2006, 06:49 PM
My daddy always told me, "Never hit a man when he's down. Kick him, it's easier."

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2006, 06:51 PM
My theory is that there was and is going to be more kids in Iraq getting blown up by a road side bomb sometime in the not so distant future. What they are doing is IMPORTANT It's hard to get angry over a kids sport played by grown men. I love OU football but the fact of the matter is that I didn't ever miss a game when Justin Fuente was QB and I won't miss a game next year even if we go 1-10.

Sooner-N-KS
8/2/2006, 06:55 PM
It's not like the guy didn't know what was right and wrong. How many times do you think Stoops and other coaches told him the rules? He has been acting like he's above the rules. And if he can't figure out that there are more eyes on him than a normal 20-21 year old he's pretty stupid.

JLB
8/2/2006, 07:06 PM
I went and looked in the mirror and I realized that if I had all the god given
talent Bomar has and had the privelege to play for OU,I wouldnt have
worried about making money now.I would have focused on how to make
my team and I contenders for the National Championship.
Then the money would have rolled right in.

DeadSolidPerfect
8/2/2006, 07:14 PM
Kick him!!!!

WolfCop
8/2/2006, 07:18 PM
Just a thought...we have young men and women in Iraq right now UNDER the age of 21 fighting for our country. Is 21 all that young anymore?

The Consumate Showman
8/2/2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree with what most of you are saying. What Bomar did was totally wrong and, I'm sorry Collier (we don't disagree on much), but I have to differ here.

Here is the problem. Bomar WAS a Face of this team. When you associated OU with a face it was either Bomar or AD. Bomar is a young man and in being a man, he should have known right from wrong. We all make mistakes, yes, but that doesn't constitute us solemnly walking away from the situation and not hearing about it. How many divorced men do you know that have walked away from their wives without any reprocussions from their own family or their ex's?

Bomar was a popular young man in the OU football program and in being so he decided to subject himself to public scruitny from all. It's like being a public figure like Mick Cornett or Mary Fallin right now running for US Congress...if they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar, the other one would not let the other live it down. Bomar will never be able to live this down. His legacy has been set in stone. If he takes some bashing over it, then so be it. When he signed that LOI to play at OU, he opened himself up to OUr football nation...and when you go behind everyone's back in our nation and screw us OVER ROYALLY, you're going to get burned a little bit...

OUHOMER
8/2/2006, 07:21 PM
First let me say, What Bomar did was selfish, idiotic, and hurt alot of people alot more than he will probably ever know. That being said, the kid made a mistake...remember he is a 21 year old kid who went out, got full of himself and he is paying a huge price for it. Im not asking you guys to support him or give him the benefit of the doubt or anything like that, just realize that people make mistakes and he has his whole life to live with this and try to do something with himself. Lets not kick the guy while he is down, heaven knows ive made my share of mistakes

I was married and had a kid at 21, I knew right from wrong. So dont give me this Dont kick him when hes down crap. He had life on a silver platter from the day he was born. And yes I have made my share of mistakes but I never took anybody down with me like he may have done. IMO he had no respect for his team mates and should not expect anyone to say "its going to be Ok there little fella"

Rusher
8/2/2006, 07:24 PM
Does that mean drinking age should be lowered to 18?

The Consumate Showman
8/2/2006, 07:28 PM
Does that mean drinking age should be lowered to 18?

Yes. Are you kidding? Kids 18 years old can go to the front lines and give thier lives so we can all be lazy azzes and sit on these computers and talk about selfish bitch-azz QB's that take $$ and they can't have a freakin' BEER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2006, 07:30 PM
No, it means 18 year olds are capable of feats of bravery and making hard decisions. There is some 18-21 year old fighting in Iraq, throwing rocks in Lebanon, using machine guns in Israel. To say Bomar doesn't have an ounce of their maturity or bravery is a vast understatement.

Rusher
8/2/2006, 07:32 PM
If there's anything that Canadian law got right, this would be it :/

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 07:36 PM
Folks.......If Bomar never had a sip......he'd still be an idiot.

The can isn't the problem.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 07:40 PM
What is sad is the phone, email, and facebook messages that bomar is recieving. We should be bigger than this, if anyone has facebook go on his account and look at what some of the students are saying to them as if theyve never done anything stupid!!

rhett?

AlbqSooner
8/2/2006, 07:42 PM
IMO he had no respect for his team mates and should not expect anyone to say "its going to be Ok there little fella"
John Blake would have hugged him and told him it was okay. I prefer the Bob Stoops approach. Bomar has etched his place in Sooner history along side Looney, Dupree, et al. No one etched it for him. When he was faced with taking the money, all he had to do was say, "No, that would be wrong." If he ever learns how simple it is to live life by the rules, he may become a man worth knowing.

The thing that I keep trying to conceptualize is how the players who have busted their butts all summer must feel towards him now. Bomar spat in their collective faces because he was such a star that the rules did not apply to him. Unfortunately, those who conformed their behavior to the rules must also pay a price for his stupidity.

If, as is being reported, this was Big Red Auto Sales, they should be shunned by any prospective car buyer. McRae, should lose his season tickets and not be allowed to purchase them until such time as Bomar is reinstated at OU. That is to say, not in this lifetime.

Kick him while he is down? Nahhh, that is not particularly gentlemanly.

For once in his life tell him the truth about what he has done and how it is wrong? Damn skippy! Someone close to him would have done him a big favor if they had done that when he was a kid.

proudsoonergal
8/2/2006, 07:43 PM
So, anyone seen or heard from Bomar in the last few days or hours? And how did the team meeting go? I'm stuck in the Valley with nothing. And I'm still wondering what Tramel said on the radio today, if anyone could give me the rundown. Much appreciated (in advance).

picasso
8/2/2006, 07:43 PM
it was stupid and arrogant and has affected more people than anyone could have ever imagined.
it's the bonehead move of the year and the year hasn't even started yet.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 07:44 PM
If ONLY there was some way we could have seen the character flaw in him..............

Big John
8/2/2006, 07:45 PM
The thing that really bothered me about Bomar was that him acting stupid was a reoccurring trend. He was accused of under-age drinking not once but twice. He would not slide when he was running, opening himself up to a higher risk for injury. He spiked the ball at the Holiday Bowl because he was excited and wanted to do it. He disrespected his teammates by doing something by himself, while the play was dead, knowing he would be penalized. When accepting money for a job he didn't do was dishonest and disrespectful to all his teammates who were following the rules.

Rusher
8/2/2006, 08:01 PM
So much for people-love-badboys image

Collier11
8/2/2006, 09:21 PM
I think some of you are mistaking my reason for starting this thread...I dont in any way condone what Rhett did, I am glad that Stoops did what he did in kicking him off the team...none of that is what bothers me, he was a arrogant punk and got what he deserved. The only thing that bothers me is when someone makes a mistake and people use that as an excuse to threaten or try to make that person feel even worse, we all know( or I pray) that this guy feels like an *** and knows he blew it big time!! If he cant figure that out then that is on him, I realize most of you probably wont agree with me and thats fine, I just think we should have some sense of not piling on

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, OK Collier. Thanks for making your point.